Damage Cover-up - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Thumbs down Damage Cover-up

OK - this makes me extremely angry. I left my vert at the dealer for repairs detailed in another thread. I picked it up last Thursday. While checking the repaired top I found the trim cap on the passenger side sticking up. I called the service writer over and pointed it out. We pulled it off and all the plastic clips underneath were broken off. What happened to Quality is Job 1. He ordered a new piece. Now for the cover-up. Friday evening I was getting something out of the coupe and I noticed a crease in the front bumper of the vert. There is no way that was there when I took it in. I immediately called and left a message on the service guys phone. Sunday after washing it a friend looked at it closely and pointed out the fact that it had been painted over with touch up paint. Sure enough - you can smell the fresh lacquer. I was busy at work yesterday and didn't get a chance to get it back to the dealer - I'm going this afternoon to read them the riot act. BTW - no call from them yesterday either. I'm thinking they need to replace the whole front fascia. I'm not settling for Bumper Doc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005
S197 Member

TALK TO THE GM...THE HELL WITH THE SERVICE DEPT.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005
Apprentice

i agree straight to the g.m. of the store......

NEW PROJECT....1991 fox lx 306..e303 cam with matching springs on stock worked a lil heads..trick flow upper and lower...75mm tb and cold air w 75mm maf 24# injectors msd cap..wires..coil..sct tuner shortie headers off road h and flow tech mufflers..spec clutch 355 gears 255lph pump adj reg...adj clutch quadrant cable and firewall adj.complete suspension upgrades and driveshaft...

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005
S197 Member

Thumbs down

I'm adding my vote to the list --- General Manager -- then Owner -- to get this situation properly handled. Talk to the Service MANAGER, not the service writer and explain the problem. Tell him you want to speak to the GM, then make it happen. The GM or Owner is not going to be happy about what his/her shop did in causing/allowing the damage then worse trying to cover it up without telling you.

My blood pressure went up just reading your post. And, for the record, I am the #1 around here @ our job and know I would want to know about such a problem with any of our people.
Good Luck
Mach 73
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005
V6 Member
S197 Member

Exclamation

The workers that did that to your car, well, this is a fire-able offense if you ask me. Take pictures and start to build a case...show the owner/GM the images, even if he can see your car...will send him the message that you're building a case with possible legal action. Do report back what happens. Someone's head needs to roll! Time is of the essence, in that the more time that goes by the higher the likelyhood the dealer will say you did it or something like that.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I'm taking it over to show them in an hour. The service writer knows I show this car and when they see the half-a$$ed way it's fixed they'll know I didn't do it. The problem is I think they sent it to an outside Upholstery shop to recover the top. Doesn't make them any less liable - just harder to pin down.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005
Apprentice

i work for a dealership and they are right....go thru the service manager and to the g.m. most owners won't be available unless its a small store....but get all in there azzez........even if it was an outside vendor i would let them have it.......

NEW PROJECT....1991 fox lx 306..e303 cam with matching springs on stock worked a lil heads..trick flow upper and lower...75mm tb and cold air w 75mm maf 24# injectors msd cap..wires..coil..sct tuner shortie headers off road h and flow tech mufflers..spec clutch 355 gears 255lph pump adj reg...adj clutch quadrant cable and firewall adj.complete suspension upgrades and driveshaft...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to thump_rrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
I'm thinking they need to replace the whole front fascia. I'm not settling for Bumper Doc.
If you want them to replace the front bumper cover they will still need to pain it as it comes unpainted. A good alternative to this would be to get a "takeoff bumper cover" from Saleen in your original color.
Saleen removes the factory bumper covers and replaces them with their own. This way you get a factory painted bumper cover.

05 White GT Premium 5 Sp. IUP, Active Alarm
BMR, C&L, Centerforce, Fidanza, FRPP, GI Joe, JBA, JDM Engineering, LPW, Saleen, SCT, Steeda, SOS

S/C 1.613 60'. 4.748 330', 7.332 @ 93.75mph 1/8th, 9.566 1000', 11.427 @ 119.92 1/4mile
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005 Thread Starter
S197 Member

OK - I talked to a couple of Managers. They told me the employees at the dealership don't get in trouble if they accidently damage a car. They are told to report it and the customer is contacted. We all agreed that a mechanic probably wouldn't have access to touch up paint anyway. They are going to contact the owner of the outside shop and continue the investigation. In the meantime they are going to fix the bumper. We talked about a full replacement and a Saleen take-off but they would like to try to fix the exisiting cover first. It's a small crease about an inch and a half long that removed about a quarter inch wide strip of paint. They told me they will fix it and I'll never be able to find the repair. The deal is if I don't like it they will go the replacement route. I think I'm good with that. I should say I like this dealership a lot. Everybody there is very friendly and accomodating and the service is first rate. That's one of the reasons I have left their name out of the thread. I'll let you know what they find out and I'll post before and after pics.
Apprentice

good deal man........gatta give em kuddos for doing right by the customer....:thumbsup

S197 Member

Good to hear the follow-up. I'm very pleased that they were "up front" with you on the repair options, and it was good of you to take their offer of a repair 1st, then a replacement if the repair was not acceptable. That way you both have room to move and can come out of the accident with a good relationship with each other. My compliments on how you handled the situation, and glad we could make suggestions to help. Keep us up on what is done and how the whole story comes out.

Mach 73
S197 Member

Glad things are working out for ya 2horse. I would like to see you get some sort of assurance that they have dealt with the "cover-up" by the vendor with some sort of documented write-up or corrective action. If I was the owner of this dealership, I would insist on a written mea culpa, or stop using this vendor. When money talks, people listen.
S197 Member

If all of this doesnt work contact your Ford Area Rep. He/she will probably be able to put pressure on whoever did this and help you out.

Jeff
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Took the vert in last week to have the damage repaired. They kept it for 5 days but I can't find the spot they fixed. They did a fine job of fixing the bumper.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Very glad to hear that! I think I would cry if something like that happened to me.

Osiris - '07 Shelby GT500 - Black
under construction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page