Ram Air hood and stripes - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Ram Air hood and stripes

Hey all,
I am about to get a California Dream ram air hood for Christmas, and I want to get stripes on my girl as well. The question I pose to you all (opinions are highly aprreciated) is what kind of stripes should I go with this hood. It seems to me that the traditional stripes would look funny because the symetry of the stripes vs. the ram air hood vents. But then again, if I go with custom or wide stripes to flow with the ram air hood vents, would that look odd being the stripes would not be Mustang stripes? Unforntately, Ponybuidler.com does not offer the option of stripes or not to get a look at what it may look like. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005
S197 Member

You could go for the "Boss" style stripes that run over the cowl and down the fenders and back to the front of the rear wheel well. I saw an FR500 grand am cup car that looked pretty sweet. I don't think the way mine is striped would look good with that hood. That hood looks good on it's own though.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Stripes and hood

I tend to agree. I have thought of the Boss stripes. Might be rather impressive on the California Dream ram air hood. Plus Since my Car is a Vert, it may work out even better. I do agree your stripes (the traditional ones) may look odd looks and symetry of ram air hood.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005
S197 Member

Since you have a vert, that hood may look good striped from the ram air vents forward and nothing else. A little accentuation may be just the ticket (so to speak)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005

If you look closely at the RK Sport hood, it has an outline where stripes could be placed. I've had mine since June and had black stripes painted on when the hood was painted Redfire and so far, all the comments have been positive. Since I have blacked out the trunk panel between the taillights, only the hood has stripes. I'll try to post some pics in the next day or so. Also, check out Airraid's cold air system. It was introduced at SEMA in November and makes the RK Sport hood fully functional. The Airraid system does not require a reflash and gives 17 rear wheel HP. The throaty sound is awesome. One note: if you plan to drive over 85 MPH, hood pins are highly recommended.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Stripes and hood

I was looking at the picture of the Claifornia Dream Ram Air hood again (I guess I can not wait til Xmas) and was wondering about the stripes again. Just out of curiosity, please give opinons, I was thinking about doing stripes similar to that of the old Chevelles (Yikes, a Chevy here on the Mustang site ), where the stripes are wide and only go from lip to lip on hood and again lip to lip on trunk, where they do not go down to the bumpers. Any opinions? I saw somehting similar on Rousch F-150 at a local dealer (the truck ad a similar ram air hood). Although the suggestion for a Boss stripe is still ratehr intruiging as well.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005

Go for the Boss.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by black05stang
Go for the Boss.
I am impressed with your color combination (primarily because I too have a black Stang and like the red or crimson stripes and accents). Do you have a couple of pictures of your beautiful ride for me to compare?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Foose stripes

Additionally, I have notice on 2 out of 3 Foose Stangs that he put soemthing similar to Boss stripes. Question, is the Boss stipre one stripe then branches off to the sides or is like the Foose stripes and is two stripes then branches off to the side? I think the Foose stripes may be real close to what I want to do. Picture the Foose stripes (or the Boss stripes) in crimson color (ghost of course) on a Black Vert (with red interior & light bar) with a California Dream Ram Air hood. Is this a workable combo? Opinions, remarks, advise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
I am impressed with your color combination (primarily because I too have a black Stang and like the red or crimson stripes and accents). Do you have a couple of pictures of your beautiful ride for me to compare?
Here is a site where I have some pics posted www.graphicimages.zoomshare.com
The pictures are under photos, and then cars&trucks.
I think you can get an idea, but they start as a wide stripe, on the hood, with a smaller stripe on each side that trail don the side.
They are a pretty close copy on the 70 Boss stripes.

Make sure you check out an enlargement of the hood of mine, it has a ghost flag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page