Coolest hood scoops for the 05+up GT's??? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have the MRT Interceptor hood scoop... from their website:

Add nostalgic charm to your 2005+ Mustang GT! The Interceptor hood scoop is not for the shy and timid - if you've got what it takes, this scoop is for you! Available primed and ready to paint. (Coming soon: a functional ram air induction system!)

Here is WIDE variety of shots!

http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/.../mrthood_1.jpg
http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...mrthood_13.jpg
http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...emistress1.jpg
http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...mrthood_19.jpg
http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...ers/clear4.jpg

The MRT site: http://mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/frontend.php

BTW... my is currently non-functional.... and I NEVER get spanked on the street... LOL!

John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - BBK Shorties - MRT Axle Back - FRPP 3.55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

that mrt scoop looks like craap! too big and just looks like it's taped. i agree with however said, make it tough first then worry aobut the tough looks. the only hood scoop i would go with should be functional, which is actually a whole hood, california dream hood. maybe in the future.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Heres Mine

I Love The Way This Looks And The Way The Stripes Go Over The Outside Of It....blends In With The Hood In My Opinion.not Functional But Then Itd Be My Luck That It Would Void A Warrenty Issue I May Have In The Future.had It Mounted And Painted The Same Time The Stripes Were Painted On.front Of It Is Truely A Bug Catcher Though But Dont Have Any Issues Like When A Trailer Passes Me Coming Towards Me.seen The Whole Hood Lift A Bit But The Scoop Does Nothing!brent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang paint job 019.jpg
Views:	1464
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	19479   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang paint job 035.jpg
Views:	1974
Size:	768.9 KB
ID:	19480  

2005 Mustang GT-SHR 1/4 louvers -GT500 pedals-AGENT47 Mirrors-shorty Antenna-Redfire Plenum-"BOSS 429" Scoop-Painted Silver Racing Stripes (Ford Ultra Silver Met)-CDC Classic chin-Redfire valve covers-Sequential taillights-REDLINE Elite hood struts -MAG shock tower covers-HURST short throw shifter-SCT XCAL2 -Tune by Brenspeed-BORLA exhaust -C&L Street CAI-AR Dale Jr KILLER chrome 18x8 Wheels-TOYO Proxes4 255/45ZR18-Steeda UDP-Adj Panhard bar-Eibach springs & struts- JM castors-Billet knobs

Apprentice
S197 Member

Here's pics of my shaker scoop.

MODS: C&L Racer CAI,SCT Xcal II W/BamaChips Tune, Steeda UDP's, CMCV Deletes, Ultra Lite Springs, Pypes O/R H-Pipe, FRRP Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Shaftmaster 3.5" D/S, Rotorpros X Drilled/Slotted Rotors, BMR LCA's & Relo Brackets, Steeda Adj. Panhard & Panhard support, GMS Swaybar Delete & A-Arm Brace, Prothane Motor Mounts, 255/45/18 BF Goodrich KDW NT's, CDC Shaker Hood, Ducktail Spoiler, Classic Chin Spoiler, 1/4 Louvers and Lot's more Appearance Mods.
Apprentice
S197 Member

You can also go to this website and mess around with different things your thinking of buying.

http://www.ponybuilder.com/home.html

MODS: C&L Racer CAI,SCT Xcal II W/BamaChips Tune, Steeda UDP's, CMCV Deletes, Ultra Lite Springs, Pypes O/R H-Pipe, FRRP Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Shaftmaster 3.5" D/S, Rotorpros X Drilled/Slotted Rotors, BMR LCA's & Relo Brackets, Steeda Adj. Panhard & Panhard support, GMS Swaybar Delete & A-Arm Brace, Prothane Motor Mounts, 255/45/18 BF Goodrich KDW NT's, CDC Shaker Hood, Ducktail Spoiler, Classic Chin Spoiler, 1/4 Louvers and Lot's more Appearance Mods.

ponybuilder

that ponybuilder website may very well be the greatest thing i have ever seen, thanks so much for letting everyone know about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornyGT
that mrt scoop looks like craap! too big and just looks like it's taped. i agree with however said, make it tough first then worry aobut the tough looks. the only hood scoop i would go with should be functional, which is actually a whole hood, california dream hood. maybe in the future.
Geez dude, learn some tact.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Leo's shaker is the only one that has any appeal in my view.

2006 Redfire GT Vert Auto, every factory option, 490rwhp JDM Saleen SC, One piece driveshaft, Steeda ultralight springs - rear adjustable UCA and LCAs, CHE relo brackets, Granelli front cross-member, Intrax sway bars, Tokico dampers, Hawk brake pads, Shelby Redline wheels and Nitto tires, GT500 exhaust, FRPP 3.73's, Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation head unit, and Saleen HID headlights. See profile for appearance mods
Apprentice

Ditto on the flaming! What appeals to some does not to others. What I like is not always what you like. The MRT scoop in not for me, I do however think the brighter wheels look better than the black/grey ones. Once I post pic's of my finished mods, I expect some discent and some acolades. To each his own!

"Safety Fast"

2008 Bullitt, #0546, Black
2005 GT Coupe, Performance White
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

LEO's shaker is freakin sweet!

I also love the GT500 style hood, and the California dream hoods.

Man, when it comes time to do mine, I'm going to have some serious decision issues....

As far as the non func. scoops go, if YOU like it, do it. Nothing wrong with a little detail work for the looks if you don't want to mod the workings.

I like that red with the stripes, very sharp.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
LEO's shaker is freakin sweet!

I also love the GT500 style hood, and the California dream hoods.

Man, when it comes time to do mine, I'm going to have some serious decision issues....

As far as the non func. scoops go, if YOU like it, do it. Nothing wrong with a little detail work for the looks if you don't want to mod the workings.

I like that red with the stripes, very sharp.
MRT has now release the Cherry 6T6 Hood... which is very similar...

http://mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/hoods.php

John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - BBK Shorties - MRT Axle Back - FRPP 3.55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page