I am officially part of the group - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005 Thread Starter

I am officially part of the group

Finally!!!

I put in an order on Aug. 12, and was tired of waiting... After calling alll the dealers starting in FL and working up to Tenn. (I live in OH) I found one who would do the X-plan pricing on a GT. They had one with all the options I wanted and the 18" Billets! I drove all day yesterday to go get it (320 miles).

Thank you Jenkins & Wynne Ford of Clarksville, TN! They made my Christmas.

Oh, Thank you to the wife too! (Had to beg for months). The drive down sucked but the trip back was awesome.

On a side note...Does anyone know if the 4-5 hour drive at 70 - 80 mph going to screw up the break in?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005
Apprentice

i think you broke it in just fine, the manual says to vary your driving habits for breakin.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

There now, isn't it nice to go get your Mustang, instead of waiting 2to 6 months for someone to fill your order...........Congrats, I know your loving it!:thumbup

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005
nghtrnnr

dealers mech told me that the break in is simply the computer getting used to how you drive the car...for how you are going to drive the car
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to P51Driver
Thanks for a great group. While deployed to the mideast I spent many a free time reading the forums without joining. [This was one of the few forums that the Comm Censors didn't ban so I didn't want to tip my hand.] Anyway, I ordered my Tungsten Grey vert in July and couldn't wait to get back home. Less than 12 hours after landing in the good old USA, I was piloting my new ride. It was only 60F outside but I still had to drop the top and enjoy the ride. I've owned nothing but Mustangs (V8..of course) my entire adult life and still can't get over how good this new 'Stang is. After only 1 week of driving her, my familiar and venreable 5.0 now suddenly feels archaic (wow it hurts to even admit that).

Bonnie - '06 GT Vert, Tungsten Grey, 5-sp., IUP, Fanblades, Bone Stock...for now
Hammer - '91 GT Hatchback, 3.73 gears, HD clutch, X303 cam, long tube headers, aluminum radiator, subframe connectors, rear battery mount, fiberglass hood, 17" chrome rims..for sale
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
Welcome to the group. AND thank you for supporting our freedom.

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page