have to get this off my chest - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006
nghtrnnr

have to get this off my chest

i love my stangs and i know its blasphemy but....2006 BUGATTI VEYRON..get ready now.....16 cylinders....4 turbochargers...987 hp...922 torque...0-60 in less than 2 seconds...0-120 in less than less than 7 seconds...thats right....by the time you get off the starting line hes crossing the finish line....only thing keeping me from pulling my hair out and robbing a third would country for it is logic....i can barely have fun in my stang without it looking like the end scene in the blues brothers....where the hell can you drive the bugatti?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

And how many supercharged GTs could you buy for the price of one of those?

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006
nghtrnnr

lets see.....uh...about 40...lmfao....

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

AND...UH... how many opportunities will you have to line up next to a 2006 Veyron?

uhhh, NONE!

that design has been about 11 years in the making. it took more money to engineer the car and Bugatti (AKA Volkswagen) will never recoup those costs.

What this means to you: Don't expect to see this one roar past you on the freeway. The people who can afford it (over $1 million) view it as a "work of art" and don't really plan to do much driving.

2005 Mustang GT M5
-I reject your reality and substitute my own-
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm getting mine next week....

Yeah, that is one rediculously fast vehicle. Two keys - one to start and drive, and a second that fits in a lock in the center console to activate "full speed mode." hoo, nelly.....Sure, they'll never get the cost back directly, but the engineering that went into it will produce advances that will work their way into production cars. It's all trickle down. Or, at least, that's the idea. not that you'll ever see a quad turbo on a passat. And, it's so dam cool, it'll get tons of press.

2005 Satin Silver GT 5spd, IUP, ICAP, bullits, active alarm, lug locks, side a!rbags, shaker 500, XM Roady 2, JLT cold air, Xcal2 w/ SCT 93 oct tune, & custom fab'd ram air duct, BMR Sway Bars, Hurst Competition plus shifter
Custom blackout on hood and trunk with Steeda street wing and Ford Racing hood pins
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006
nghtrnnr

yeah..its a dream...me and bill gates racing the backroads....but hey you never know...i met an enzo on the west side of manhattan in october....
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

0-120 in less than 7 seconds! I wonder how many G's you're pulling. Well, I guess if you ever line up next to John Force in his Mustang funny car you've got a chance.

- JIM

2006 PREMIUM GT COUPE VISTA BLUE
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
i love my stangs and i know its blasphemy but....2006 BUGATTI VEYRON..get ready now.....16 cylinders....4 turbochargers...987 hp...922 torque...0-60 in less than 2 seconds...0-120 in less than less than 7 seconds...thats right....by the time you get off the starting line hes crossing the finish line....only thing keeping me from pulling my hair out and robbing a third would country for it is logic....i can barely have fun in my stang without it looking like the end scene in the blues brothers....where the hell can you drive the bugatti?
Lotus Elise Series 1, turbo charged JSPEC 2ZZ-GE toyota engine producing 500 HP at max boost (tuner in europe). This car weighs 1600 Lbs, the series 2 cars (for usa) is about 1900 lbs with 200 HP. so at 500 HP and 1600 Lbs, this is 3 lbs per horse power. Thats pretty insane!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraclyde
Two keys - one to start and drive, and a second that fits in a lock in the center console to activate "full speed mode." hoo, nelly.....
The second key is given to your wife, no doubt.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
S197 Member

How Many g's You Asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFreak
0-120 in less than 7 seconds! I wonder how many G's you're pulling. Well, I guess if you ever line up next to John Force in his Mustang funny car you've got a chance.
Well, . . .That's a good question. Let's see.
Using simple Newtonian Mechanics (i.e. Physics)
V = V' + AT
Where, V = Velocity (120pmh = 176ft/sec)
V' = Initial Velocity (which in this case = 0 ft/sec)
A = Accelleration ( 1g = 32.2 ft/sec/sec)
T = Time (7 sec)
Solving the above equation for A you get :
A = 25.14 ft/sec/sec
Which then equates to 0.78g 's of lateral accelration.
Of course that assumes that the accelleration is uniform throughout the entire run.
S197 Member

TMI - and you would think someone who could work out that equation could spell ACCELERATION. Just a joke :eyepoppin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page