AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today

nghtrnnr

remember nolo's other thread...hes starting college and trying to decide between civic or stang...trying to save him money
Rookie

ok, about that topic....Im sure I DONT want a Civic now....Im really leaning towards a Mustang, but my brother has just advised me to look into BMW's too. I really want a mustang, but it can't hurt to check the local BMW dealer now can it?
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolo451
ok, about that topic....Im sure I DONT want a Civic now....Im really leaning towards a Mustang, but my brother has just advised me to look into BMW's too. I really want a mustang, but it can't hurt to check the local BMW dealer now can it?
Okay, now I'm convinced that you don't really want a Mustang. BMW and Honda make nice cars, but they're very different from the Mustang your looking at. If you're considering these other cars then I don't think you really want a Mustang deep down. I understand the need to check out other cars, but you shouldn't have to work so hard to talk yourself into buying a Mustang! Me, I went to the dealership, saw the car, drove it home the same day. Love at first sight!

- JIM

2006 PREMIUM GT COUPE VISTA BLUE
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
Good thing your going to school. Be sure to check out Econ 101, maybe then you will understand that ANY new BMW costs more than a base Stang GT AND a comparably priced one will not have anywhere near the power. The power part you may learn about in Auto Shop class or Physics.

... Just kidding you... but the price part of BMW vs. Stang was serious.

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

Rookie

ok...yeah to the original poster, sorry about this being WAY OT, but to the person who told me to take an economics class, I'm majoring in in accounting and taken econ 101 and 102, so I think I know what you mean. But Im going to lease, not buy whichever auto I choose. And Im just saying I want to look at other cars because I dont want to impulsively buy a car. Just to show you how much i want a Mustang, Im like 92% sure that I want to get one. Im just looking at all my options that are available to me. Let me just get one thing straight.....I WANT an American car like this. I want the power. All Im saying is that Id want to just look around and see the other two brands. That doesnt mean that I will buy either of the two. Come tommorrow or sometime later on this week, I will test drive a mustang and see what happens from there. After that Ill go to the BMW dealer just to see those cars too. I dont really know much about BMW cars and just want to see what they are like.
Apprentice
S197 Member

WHAT!!! You're racking your brain about what to get and you haven't even test driven a Mustang yet? That's like trying to decide whether or not you're going to marry a girl before you go out on a date with her! TEST DRIVE ONE!!! Sorry to the original thread poster, last time I'm getting offtopic.

- JIM

2006 PREMIUM GT COUPE VISTA BLUE
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFreak
Sorry to the original thread poster, last time I'm getting offtopic.
Continue if you'd like....it happens....no worries here. I was happy at first when I saw the post count....it double since I was at work. I was thinking people might have more suggestions about modding my new stang. But then come to realize it's about deciding between a 'stang, BMW or Honda? My only suggestion for him is to go with his heart. :thumbsup

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb196
Some of us are going to meet up at Qualcomm Stadium on the 20th for the Street Legal drags. The next memebr meeting is on the 25th at Alied Gardens and we have a dinner cruise on the 26th.

PM me if you want more info.
Very cool! Not to sure about the dates, but will check my calander. PM on the way. :thumbsup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS
congrats ray! black is absolutely gorgeous on a mustang. next to tungsten, my favorite color. that shaker 1000 is sweeter than #### too, huh? have fun and keep 'er polished up and look'n good.
Yup, you can't go wrong with either of those colors! :eyepoppin Gonna keep her very pretty, she's gonna get a waxing this weekend. Oh and the Shaker1000....WOW OH WOW!!!! It's a built in body massage

http://rayderphan.net/Pics/14SideRoushSigsm.jpg
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

One thing I've notice since my 06' is coming up on 2k miles(the weather has been nice here in Denver)is that growl you hear when you rev it up and shifting to about 4 grand through the gears.And I still have a stock exhaust.I feel its only getting better.

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page