has anyone driven their gt in the snow yet? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Even if you get stuck buying rims with tires at 500 bucks, you could easily sell them for 75 a piece. I debated going that route if I couldnt find the right price wheels.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TireRack

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomusik
Yeah, i was looking at 17" rims. Ebay may a good idea for the rims, thanks for the advice. Tirerack has some good deals as well.
I got 4 17" Michelin X-Ice from TireRack. They were $540 delivered and 60$ more for mounting and balance. I got them because they were the top rated Snow/Ice tire in CR, #2 in TireRack reviews, and the top in numerous Scandanavian publications (who knows snow and ice better?!). I highly recommend them.

Mine is a daily driver in Minneapolis Minnesota.

I only had traction control come on once going from a dead stop (and not trying to spin). That morning there was about 8" of snow on the ground that started as freezing rain. So side streets were fluffy snow with ice underneath. Main roads were a mix of packed snow ice and slush were the salt had started to work. It handled well with the stock tires and no weight in the trunk...I do make a point to fill up the gas tank on snowy days. The thing that impressed me the most is how well it breaks in slippery/snowy conditions. I was worried at first about driving in the snow but that has now passed.

PONY Member

JenniFrog......... I have to say UFF-DA to ya... Hear now dontcha know.. <wink>

Legend Lime, GT , Tan Leather, Side Air Bags, IUP, Shaker 1000, 5 Speed
Sequential Lights Whooo Hoooo
LL #0018
I know there are faster cars - my penis still works just fine..."
Proud Owner of the New Edelbrock Supercharger, Serial #0001 signed by Vic Edelbrock!!
~pictures in gallery~
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangbaxter
JenniFrog......... I have to say UFF-DA to ya... Hear now dontcha know.. <wink>
Yeah, my brother's been in the TCs for like twenty years now and he always says How ARE Ya. It's heavy on the second syllable/beat...How ARE Ya. How ARE Ya.

Then his wife came out on a business trip five years ago and I'm like, "Janet, I haven't lost my North Dakota accent, have I?" and she just threw her head back and laughed. Seems I've picked up that nasally East Coast whine. SUX TA BE ME!!

Minneapolis rocks...Prince, The Time, Replacements/Westerberg...great, great town...

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I have to say, I drive slow anyway.... [ahem] but in the snow, I am careful. These Pirellis are awesome. Second only to studs for traction. My truck is 4x4 but has open differentials front and rear [Dad's bronco had limited slip, front and rear and was not to be believed on snow and ice!]. The truck does not do as well as the Mustang.

If I didn't like the paint so much, I would drive it all the time. Also those polished 3" tips, on the JBA's look incredible in the black car. Took pics and at night, I am not kidding... all you can see are the wheels!

How do I put pics in my gallery?

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page