Barrett-Jackson Shelby - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
5.0L Member

yeah $600,000.00 . for that you get the first 2007 Shelby offered to the public with your choice of options (be a fool to not get it fully loaded), hang out at the ford plant and watch the car being built, get a big a$$ tool box (which was pretty nice), and the sun visor will be autographed by Carroll Shelby and Edsel Ford. almost forgot, a tour of the SVT facility. I am pretty sure that they said all the proceeds will go to a charity that helps needy children.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Well, in my opinion, everybody here should get some of the credit (but no cash, of course) for the final price. We've stoked the fire under the Pony again by purchasing and talking up the car...WE put the sizzle back in the Stang...what if everybody had yawned when the new 05s first came out? Would the Carroll-mobile have gone for 6 point 5 large then? I think not...

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig4Fun
No, he bought a car. He didn't make a donation..... I don't think my accountant would see it that way. I will run it by him for his answer...

Geez ! I don't see it ever bringing that again. Did you see how cheap the 67 Shelby went!.... Augh !!

I have been to auctions for charity before. Usually the item for Auction will have a retail value assigned to it. The amount the auction goes above that is legal for tax deduction. If the guy paid 650k for the car, he could probably deduct 600k as a donation, if the car was given a retail value of 50k.

Ordered 4/26/05. Picked up June 11, 2005. 05 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, 5spd, Performance White, with red accent leather (ICAP), Shaker 500, IUP, active alarm, side airbag, spoiler delete. MODS: Baltimore Street Mods 10' red stripes and red rocker stripe. window tint. K & N aircharger. Pony Package fender emblems. Added 18" Polished Alum. Bullitts Hurst comp shifter

Talking Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplayrayr
I have been to auctions for charity before. Usually the item for Auction will have a retail value assigned to it. The amount the auction goes above that is legal for tax deduction. If the guy paid 650k for the car, he could probably deduct 600k as a donation, if the car was given a retail value of 50k.
My father bought a lawn tractor last year at a Children's Hospital auction in Jacksonville. Retail value was assigned at $1500.00. Well, it was a charity my mom does a lot of work for, so my Dad really wanted to show his support at this auction, but the tractor was the only thing they had that he wanted. He figured he'd spend $2000-2500 for it, get a new tractor, and make Mom happy.

Well, one of the Jacksonville Jaguars (I believe he said it was Donovan Darius, who's out injured this season) had taken a shine to it as well. They got into a bidding war, and before Dad knew it the tractor was at $5000.00. He was about to give up, because charity or not, he couldn't pay that for a tractor in good conscience. Dad makes good money, but he's not in the same league as a player in the NFL! Just as he started to stop bidding, his accountant walked over and told him he could get reimbursed for everything over retail, so he went nuts. Apparently Darius' accountant never told him that, so he stopped bidding at $12,000.
Yep, that's right. $12,000. My Mom about flipped until Russ (the accountant) told her they'd get it all back. Still, it was funny watching her for the few minutes before she knew.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom
My father bought a lawn tractor last year at a Children's Hospital auction in Jacksonville. Retail value was assigned at $1500.00. Well, it was a charity my mom does a lot of work for, so my Dad really wanted to show his support at this auction, but the tractor was the only thing they had that he wanted. He figured he'd spend $2000-2500 for it, get a new tractor, and make Mom happy.

Well, one of the Jacksonville Jaguars (I believe he said it was Donovan Darius, who's out injured this season) had taken a shine to it as well. They got into a bidding war, and before Dad knew it the tractor was at $5000.00. He was about to give up, because charity or not, he couldn't pay that for a tractor in good conscience. Dad makes good money, but he's not in the same league as a player in the NFL! Just as he started to stop bidding, his accountant walked over and told him he could get reimbursed for everything over retail, so he went nuts. Apparently Darius' accountant never told him that, so he stopped bidding at $12,000.
Yep, that's right. $12,000. My Mom about flipped until Russ (the accountant) told her they'd get it all back. Still, it was funny watching her for the few minutes before she knew.
Which is why we will never have a flat tax rate. Back to topic which is ?
S197 Member

I was out at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway last week getting my Saleen Short Shifter installed on my 06, and in the next building over is Shelby's production center. They were messing around with a 07 Cobra GT500 in the parking lot, nice sounding car! Man, the demand for this car is probably going to surpass anything out there, the new z06 corvette will sell for sticker even, and there isn't that much hype about it. I guess if you want a cobra, then you would have to wait for a year or two before even considering one.

Unhappy Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyman
Which is why we will never have a flat tax rate. Back to topic which is ?
Sorry.

What are you, the topic police?
Damn.
GT Member
S197 Member

as cool as the shelby is, i would have opted for the Ford GT for what...$150K? or buy 3 Lamborghini Gallardo 7 spds for $195K a crack, or if i had just a sh1tload of money, (like someone apparently did) thrown down an extra $400K and got a McLaren F1.... something that would really rip the shelby a new a$$ hole. i wouldnt pay more than 40 to 45k at most for the shelby. period. cool has its limits....

Bottom Line: someone has too much $$$ and they need to give some of it to GTNOS!:tongue he is just trying to pay for a friggin' GT!!

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS
as cool as the shelby is, i would have opted for the Ford GT for what...$150K? or buy 3 Lamborghini Gallardo 7 spds for $195K a crack, or if i had just a sh1tload of money, (like someone apparently did) thrown down an extra $400K and got a McLaren F1.... something that would really rip the shelby a new a$$ hole. i wouldnt pay more than 40 to 45k at most for the shelby. period. cool has its limits....

Bottom Line: someone has too much $$$ and they need to give some of it to GTNOS!:tongue he is just trying to pay for a friggin' GT!!
GTNOS, At the Palm Beach Barretrt-Jackson last year someone paid $275,000.00 for a no mileage dark blue 2005 Ford GT. Why? Can't figure it out unless thats what they go for now with the premium. Who would have thought a 69/70 Hemi Cuda vert would sell for $2,000,000.00? Those that have the extra cash to that degree don't care, they want the vehicle. $ 4,000,000.00 + for a futuristic bus? Lets all enjoy the great 05/06 Mustangs we have and let the others look at (not drive) their toys.
S197 Member

in responce to the FORD GT, i saw one on sunday and i must say what a f#[email protected]$n cool a$$ car!!!! vynle
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom
Sorry.

What are you, the topic police?
Damn.
With your mentality you probably won't understand this, but I will try. I was indicating that I was off topic. You
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Like they said u pay for the first one & the last one, but u all seen
what some of the others went for right? just think what it going to go for say in thirty years,just because it the first one. Beside if you spend 600,000 for it u know it was well worth it right :laughlitt .
personaly i would like to say i had the only one in town:green .

2013 V6 Premium / Red candy Metallic / Glass Roof / Comfort Package / Ambient Lighting / Track Apps / Sync / Sirius / Signature Lighting / EPAS Standar*Sport*Custom Steering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page