Ext. Care Product suggestions - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Definatly. Funny tho. I end up just washing the car. Only used mine once since I got the car. Its the color I think. Doesnt need it like my black t-bird.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

I don't know if anyone has tried this ye tor not but....(Don't laugh)

Mr. Clean Car washing kit. It has a hose attachment that sprays, then soaps, and finish by passing the h2o through an on board water softener to get a spot free rinse without drying! I got it for Christmas, and felt I should at least try it to be nice. I am glad I did! Water around here is soo hard! Even when you dry after washing if it even starts to dry before the towel dry your screwed!

I'm sure I'll get a few laughs for this suggestion but it really does work great! I don't use the brush attachment, Just rinse, soap, hand wash, rinse, then spot free rinse.

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
Definatly. Funny tho. I end up just washing the car. Only used mine once since I got the car. Its the color I think. Doesnt need it like my black t-bird.
I'm considering..between washings only...using the duster and then wipe down with a detailing spray. Just wondering whether that will produce small scratches or not.

'16 Ruby Red GT Premium ,Prem Redline, OTT Silver Stripes, PP Luster, 401A, ENH SEC, ACC, Reverse PK, NAV

GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTEUPP
OK Gang - What about the "California Car Duster"? Worthy or not?
-- I have one and use it on the red car; the way-fussy high-end detail guy that did the black car says they scratch. Think you need to be gentle & careful w/them and not use them if you really should have washed the car instead.

I'm back - 2001 Cobra convertible, 84K miles, acquired 12/10/11; just beginning to figure out what it needs to be right (beyond the leaky top..) - top to be done 12/27. Changed the coolant, <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>. fluid, oil, differential fluid. Replaced the LF wheel hub assy. Ordered a pair of Blisteins for the rear. Next up: full-length subs, strut brace, stainless brake hoses F&R and a bunch of FatMat.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball
You're getting good advice already

I'm using 100% Zaino products including tire shine
Car wash soap only, not 'detergent'
Cover the car when you can - keeps the dust off.
When washing the microweave or 100% cotten towels: NO bleach, No fabric softener.
Looks great, but I hope the detailers did not put those swirls in your door.

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

Apprentice
S197 Member

I sure hope that the California cloth doesn't scratch! I'd been told by a number of people to use one between washes... I bought two, one for the inside and one for the outside, and notice that my car gets pretty dusty just sitting in the parking lot at school. I've been using a the California duster for a week or so... I have just clayed and Zaino'd the car as well...

Joe

2006 Premium GT, Vista Blue, 5 Speed Auto, Pioneer 4100NEX Head Unit, Shaker 1000, Anti-Theft, 18" Chrome Mag wheels, Interior upgrade, side airbags, Backup cam
Receipt Date: 9/14/2005
Serialize Date: 10/20/2005
Blend Date: 11/15/2005
Produced Date: 11/22/2005
Author Idiots Stripe Guide, FRD04-AUX Guide
Need help installing stereo? Let me know!!
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to Lances03GT Send a message via Yahoo to Lances03GT
I used to use the "Duster" but do not anymore.Don't really like the way it work's anymore.

2003 Black Cobra
2.93 pulley,100mm idler,RWTD SCT II tune,JLT RAI,Magnaflow Tru X w/c's,Mac CB,Full legth SF conectors,Strut tower brace,H&R Race spring's,Bilistien shock's,Hurst shifter,18x9 AFS Chrome 03 Cobra wheel's.

2006 V6,Performance white with Pony package.

Super Moderator on Mustangtuning.com & DSGregistry.com
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Yeah, I got one and is very easy to use. It is a quick way of getting off the dust when you have very little time to clean. I shake it off after use and throw it in the trunk. Relatively cheap at Wal-Mart.

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Ya, it works good if you use it every day,if u let it go for a couple of day it leaves strikes of dirt that i hate.
true true can't stand for a dirty car,but the windveil blue
does'nt really look dirty from a distance.Alot of people don't like that color, but when i was younger i ran around in on that was a 67 fastback just liked that color .

2013 V6 Premium / Red candy Metallic / Glass Roof / Comfort Package / Ambient Lighting / Track Apps / Sync / Sirius / Signature Lighting / EPAS Standar*Sport*Custom Steering.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy
Ya, it works good if you use it every day,if u let it go for a couple of day it leaves strikes of dirt that i hate.
true true can't stand for a dirty car,but the windveil blue
does'nt really look dirty from a distance.Alot of people don't like that color, but when i was younger i ran around in on that was a 67 fastback just liked that color .
WB looks so much better in person that pics. I fell in love with it after I seen one in person.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

We compromised on WB because of the dirt hiding thing too, plus silver looks great with it. I knew that red or black were out of the question so I got the premium package and 17" wheels, she got to pick the color.

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006 Thread Starter

Great discussion, guys. Gives me a lot to do my homework on ('California Duster', clay, etc)

While we're on the subject (somewhat) I need a car cover also. I can't see paying close to three bills for a car cover from Ford. I found other covers on the interweb for roughly half. I know you get what you pay for, generally...but then there's the markup. Any tips on material, vendors, etc?

Thanks in advance.
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin_wolf
Great discussion, guys. Gives me a lot to do my homework on ('California Duster', clay, etc)

While we're on the subject (somewhat) I need a car cover also. I can't see paying close to three bills for a car cover from Ford. I found other covers on the interweb for roughly half. I know you get what you pay for, generally...but then there's the markup. Any tips on material, vendors, etc?

Thanks in advance.
The thing about car covers are they are a pain in the arse to store. Do you have it outside? do you intend on not using your car for long periods of time? Dusting the cover is also a pain.I got the cheap kind in Wal-Mart, it even has a 05 Mustang on the box. Fits well, hardly use it.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&D
The thing about car covers are they are a pain in the arse to store. Do you have it outside? do you intend on not using your car for long periods of time? Dusting the cover is also a pain.I got the cheap kind in Wal-Mart, it even has a 05 Mustang on the box. Fits well, hardly use it.
Yeah, I'm a renter, so garage keeping is not an option, seeing how it's not my house. I drive her every day, but a feral cat (we call her 'Wonky') loves warm, just parked engines. And she's got some wicked claws. <cringe>

Quote:
What the heck is a California Car Duster? Sounds like it would trap dust/dirt and scratch the surface...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page