Things I didn't notice on my new Mustang... - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Just noticed this yesterday - don't think it's been mentioned yet... The hood insulation is embossed with two ponies running toward each other. Nice aesthetic touch!

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I found a hidden compartment that's within easy reach of the driver. I'm surprised no one has located it yet! Anyone guess where it is?

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

Rookie

Check out inside the center console. To the left of the coin slot there is a small rectangular plastic piece. On the side of it is a slot. Put a coin or finger nail in it and, it pops open. You now have access to the inside of the console.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

More of an access point that a compartment I would say. Would'nt put anything in there you expect to retrieve easily.

Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
More of an access point that a compartment I would say. Would'nt put anything in there you expect to retrieve easily.
I agree. It seems to be an access point to make adjustments for the parking brake.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote
I agree. It seems to be an access point to make adjustments for the parking brake.
.........and here I thought it was for your stash

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
S197 Member

Access Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote
Check out inside the center console. To the left of the coin slot there is a small rectangular plastic piece. On the side of it is a slot. Put a coin or finger nail in it and, it pops open. You now have access to the inside of the console.
This is the access port that I used to run wiring to the XM radio console from the 12V plug in the console. The little door still clicked into place with the wire in place. Handy.:thumbsup

Rear fender well

When I was scrubbing out the rear fender well I noticed a 1x2 piece of sheet metal with 2 holes and nothing there. Both sides have it. It's centered in the well behind the tire, great place for water and dirt to get into metal work..ie how to make rust 101. Mines a 05 V6 vert'. Also the mounting tabs for the rear stabilizer bar are already in place, just need the bar and hangers. The oil drain plug doesn't have a magnet. Put one next to it so when you pull the plug, release the magnet and the metal comes out with the old oil. Your wallet fits between the e-brake handle and the console, more comfortable on the long rides. The door stricker bolts are marred from install, the torx bit was worn or the installer was stoned. Oh ay and where the H _ _ L is the new windstop for the 05 and 06, the 04 guys have em. The aftermarket plexiglass with bungee cords isn't cool. :thumbsup
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Down
When I was scrubbing out the rear fender well I noticed a 1x2 piece of sheet metal with 2 holes and nothing there. Both sides have it. It's centered in the well behind the tire, great place for water and dirt to get into metal work..ie how to make rust 101.
Is this where the splash guards get mounted? "But honey, I need to buy the splash guards so my fenders don't rust out!"

2006 GT Coupe Premium, Manual, Tungsten Grey, IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Wheel Locks
Mods: Sequential Taillights, 8" Shorty Antenna, FORD on hood, Hurst shifter with t-handle, Steeda UDP

Not mud flaps

The spot is at 12 oclock behind the rear tire in the fender well not near a lip at all.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
I cant believe this hasnt been mentioned. Prolly should even be a sticky its so neat. And I dont think its in the owners manual.

But these radios support RDS (Radio Data System for VHF/FM broadcasting)

Its default mode is off. But to turn it on, hold the menu button until RDS On/Off is displayed, change it to on. Most radio stations call letters, and name of song/artist will be displayed on the radios screen. Now not all stations broadcast this, but most im my area of Chicago they do.

I love this feature!

This also worked on my g/f's 05 Focus with the Standard radio (looks same as mustangs)

Where is this? I can seem to find it anywhere....
S197 Member

never mind....DUH...I got it you know what the other things mean?
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Not off the top of my head, but they should be in the manual

Rookie

Re: Things I didn't notice on my new Mustang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_mal
Is this where the splash guards get mounted? "But honey, I need to buy the splash guards so my fenders don't rust out!"
The rear splash guards mount on the two existing screws in the fender lip.
Larry

2006 Mustang GT Convertible - Premium, Screaming Yellow, 5 speed, black top, IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Convertible soft boot, ordered August 2005, delivered December 13 2005. Mods: mostly stock - T-REX billet grills with black powder coating, Ford Racing aluminum fuel filler door, LoveTheDrive convertible windstop, MRT sequential tails, trunk lid blackout, Ford molded splash guards... a true daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page