Things I didn't notice on my new Mustang... - Page 15 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Crystal, the keyfob is the keyless remote. Some cars have the keyfob and key as one piece, the Mustang has a key and seperate keyfob. You are a good sport with all the joking around. I am still getting over the fact that my typing skills suck, the "shifter" is still fresh in my mind.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Orange
Please don't make fun of me.. lol But no I have no clue what a keyfob is.
just having fun with ya not at ya I didnt know what it was either for a while. keyless remote sounds better

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
:s higrin

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Crystal, the keyfob is the keyless remote. Some cars have the keyfob and key as one piece, the Mustang has a key and seperate keyfob. You are a good sport with all the joking around. I am still getting over the fact that my typing skills suck, the "shifter" is still fresh in my mind.
HA.. well considering that you guys are so nice to me I really don't feel that the joking is anything but all in fun.. I was just telling someone I love this because I am learning a lot. I never heard it called a keyfob .. that's weird.. I always called it keyless entry. lol :smilie
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalmbomb
Trying to figure out if there is a adjustment for the fog lights, seems that they need to go down a notch. They are a little to bright.
If anyone has a clue how to move these lights down please share.
I am SICK of being high beamed from on coming traffic.
I have resorted to driving with my hand on the handle to hit my beams back at them as fast as possible.
Some rude people wait until they are right in front of you do it,
thus blinding the cr*p out of you.

Can life get any better????
S197 Member

I'm sure some of these guys will drive out there to show you theirs.... [edit: keyfobs that is!!!]

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I don't use my fogs other than in rain, or fog.... A. It attracts cops on the highway, and B. (As you have noticed) they make ppl think it's your highs...

I'd still love to hook mine up to the highs though...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations

In regards to the trunk latch issue; someone said the items in your trunk are safer without a trunk release in your car, and it would be too easy for thiefs to pop your trunk from the inside if they took a knife and cut through your 'vert top to get inside. But couldn't they just pull your little tabs on your back seat, put the seats down and crawl in and steal your stuff, or pull the glow in the dark release and get in? You know bad guys; where there's a will there's a way.....
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by white angel
I have resorted to driving with my hand on the handle to hit my beams back at them as fast as possible.
I want to get a Q-beam for them. Also for people riding behind with their brights on.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012

Quote:
There is actually an adjustment tap on the rear of the light where the bulb goes into the assembly.

Pull off your radiator cover and towards the rear of the light, looking right up at you should be a gray or black phillips head screw...that's your light adjustment screw. Not sure which way is which, but rotating it left or right will fine tune your beams up or down. It's usually set right in the center of the screw's throw from the factory or adjusted slightly down. It's very simple.

Peace out!!
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANGSUSIE
In regards to the trunk latch issue; someone said the items in your trunk are safer without a trunk release in your car, and it would be too easy for thiefs to pop your trunk from the inside if they took a knife and cut through your 'vert top to get inside. But couldn't they just pull your little tabs on your back seat, put the seats down and crawl in and steal your stuff, or pull the glow in the dark release and get in? You know bad guys; where there's a will there's a way.....
The back seats in the verts don't fold down.

05 vert GT premium, any color you want as long as its black, 5spd, shaker 500, 18" Chrome Bullits wrapped with KDW2s 255/45 up front and 285/40s bringing up the rear, K&N CAI, Diablosport Predator 91 Octane tune, Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/Bluetooth XM IPOD, Hireman Flaming Pony, 8" antenna, Smoked lenses all around, Webelectric sequential turn signals, Redline hood struts, Hurst short throw shifter with T-handle, Bassani off-road x-pipe and axle-backs
S197 Member

Quote:
One of my fogs (driver's side) is aimed way too high, while the passenger's side is spot-on.

Both of my headlights are aimed too low.

I remember hearing somewhere that 80% or more of cars come from the factory with the headlights mis-aligned.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmervolt
Both of my headlights are aimed too low.
It is clear you need the FRPP handling pack to fix this issue Lowering the rear will raise your headlights point-of-aim. That's how you can explain it to the wife

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Rookie
S197 Member

Interesting thread!
I was aware of the trunk release on the 'keyfob' just didn't think about using it while searching around inside for a darn release button. Duh. And the seatbelt 'holder' on the side of the seats... Wish I'd have known about that sooner. I'm only 5'5" tall, so I thought Ford had put the belts that far back for a daily back stretch exercise!!!

RDS...radio station display...didn't know that was there, will have to check it out today. What the heck is the "Compression" setting on the radio?? Is there a way to turn the key and have the radio on with the door open and NOT get the ding, ding, ding??

Read this in a post somewhere and it did appear to have an effect on throttle lag:
Turn the key on, slowly press the gas pedal to the floor and back, turn the key off, supposed to 're-measure' pedal movement. I did it in both settings of the key as I didn't know which one the post had mentioned. I was pretty skeptical of it actually working as there were only a few replies where I read about it. So I don't think it was a psychological 'fix'. Try it!!

2006 Mustang GT::Performance White::Purchased 8.25.2006
Plenum cover: 9.20.2006 Clevparts.com
JLT & Xcal 2 :91 Torque: 9.28.2006 Bamachips.com
Flush Mount Louvers: 03.23.06 SilverHorseRacing.com
Astro Hammond rear window Louvers: 04.27.07 Amazon.com
Black 10" Rally Stripes, 1/4" Pins, Rocker Stripes: 05.20.07 BaltimoreStreetMods.com
OBX Longtubes: 12.18.07 Ebay|Sparktec Motorsports < Install..12.22.07
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANGSUSIE
Besides the rear seat not folding down in a vert, the bracing and top mechanism are directly behind the seat. You can't crawl into the trunk even if you were able to remove the rear seat. FYI.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page