LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
did not know this...too cool for sure!

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

The little glowing handle thingy hanging in the trunk can be pressed onto the velcro or whatever it is to keep it out of the way. It was hanging down when I picked up car and I thought that's how it went until I read otherwise-somewhere here I think. It kept getting caught on grocery bags, but not anymore!

PONY Member
S197 Member

Groceries??? Mustang??? I can't believe these two words were in the same sentence!

GT Member
S197 Member

How about the little magnet strap on the side of the seat. It's supposed to hold the seatbelt forward so you can reach it easier. Anyone use this? The magnet is not strong enough.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
PONY Member

while talking about dash stuff...the highbeam indicator to me is 'painfully blue'...on dark roads its almost as if someones shining a LED flashlight at your eyes...very distracting...turning dimmer down just makes it stand out worse.

anyone else think that needs toned down a bit, or is it just my nightblind eyes?

things I didnt notice before buying...hmm...
1) didnt notice that every time kids get in or out seat needs readjusted.
2) didnt know defroster wont shut off, and only way to get warm feet is use dash/floor setting and close dash vents(just figured that out last night).
3) didnt know fenders have NO shims anywhere- I was impressed...put them back on without needing to adjust anything.
4) didnt know my passenger rear spring was mis-installed at the factory(will probably need rubber pad replaced as it looks to be cut where it popped out from under spring)
5) didnt know about missing sealer on trunk floor, or holes into rockers in front of rear tires(until after 300 miles of driving before getting under it)
6) didnt know stereo stayed on till door opened.
7) didnt know seatbelt warning could be so obnoxious(I usually belt up, just never heard one so insistent...comes back on if you ignore it...)
8) didnt know gages light up with key on- drove home with lights off one night, didnt notice till turning down our street.
9) didnt know brake reservoir drips fluid from cap every time you drive it(eventually it should get towards 'min' level, then I hear it wont do this anymore...) wonder how many 05/06's have underhood paint damage from brakefluid dripping?
10) the best for last...had no idea this car I'd wanted so bad would be so fun to drive. I was hooked for many reasons, but the car is fun to drive beyond all expectations...usually a new car has that 'get used to it' time- not this one...fits like a glove, all the controls are perfectly located, controls feel perfect(except gas pedal...needs a cable), has most powerful brakes Ive ever used(would be interesting to calculate peak braking horsepower...bet is more than engine...), general road feel is perfect balance of sporty/comfy...dont beat you up like my old camaro did at all, yet seems firmer? how'd they do that? had no idea a little 281 inch V8 could make such incredible sounds from its intake/exhaust.

while the third gear gate can get a bit vague, and the tranny has some sound issues, and the gaspedal feels 'detached', interior is rather 'hard' and a few other nitpics, this car is still so darned fun to drive I just want to go burn gas...I wasnt this excited to drive back when I was 16! Ford really made this a 'drivers car', and I just thank God Ive had the good fortune of getting ahold of one...its a treat for sure.

06 gt stick vista blue - love this car!
07 pony auto vista blue (wifes)
09 gt stick vista blue (ordered day after the '10 reveal- 4 miles/undriven still)
post #21 of 239 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05LegendLime
Groceries??? Mustang??? I can't believe these two words were in the same sentence!
Aren't those two leather covered "shelves" behind the driver and passenger seat there to hold grocery bags?

Oh?! Those are seats?? My bad. I guess those are seatbelts I used to secure the grocery bags
PONY Member

something I didnt notice but wife did: the 2 pony indentations in the hood insulation...she came out to the garage- had wheels/fenderwells/fenders/rocker covers/struts hanging down, hood up- figured she was gonna start flipping out about the new car in pieces, but no...she just looks up at the hood and says "oh thats cute- theres little horses under there..." I'm thinking 'yeah, like 300 of them' and she pointed out the insulation...guess shes just used to me tearing stuff apart...she's a good sport about it

06 gt stick vista blue - love this car!
07 pony auto vista blue (wifes)
09 gt stick vista blue (ordered day after the '10 reveal- 4 miles/undriven still)
Classic Member
S197 Member

Things I didn't notice on my new Mustang ..........:eyepoppin

Can not lock and close drivers door with Key in ignition - automatically unlocks drivers door.
When closing windows, if any obstruction is in path windows will roll back partway like a garage door with sensors. Really nice option considering a child was killed recently by a car window.
On coupe - rear seats can only be folded down from inside car - cannot fold them down from trunk side. (Could on the Stang Hatchbacks I have had, but cannot remember on coupes).
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyexpress
Aren't those two leather covered "shelves" behind the driver and passenger seat there to hold grocery bags?

Oh?! Those are seats?? My bad. I guess those are seatbelts I used to secure the grocery bags
[email protected] that! I use the passenger's side floor. The concentrated oj cans can escape and do their thing and explore the floor, without damaging anything. I am single so the trips to the store seldom involve more than $80 worth of stuff per week anyway. And yes, I pity anyone who must sit in the back. No one has so far. They will have to sit behind my GF, if they do. She can put the seat farther forward than I can. She's 5'11" and I am 6'2" so really neither of us is in any position to give to those sitting on the leather shelf

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

The clip under the center glove box cover ticked me off. I thought it was a good place for my sunglasses until I tore one of the sides trying to pull them off. Felt like a [email protected] (No, it is not an e-mail address either.) Good thing they were cheap sunglasses. I have not used the clips for the intended purpose either, Kleenex!!!

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

9) didnt know brake reservoir drips fluid from cap every time you drive it(eventually it should get towards 'min' level, then I hear it wont do this anymore...) wonder how many 05/06's have underhood paint damage from brakefluid dripping?

mine did this too....good to know why bud..thx!

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
S197 Member

yeah mine does the drippy thing too. i will have ford fix this under warrenty. and by the way the paint has peeled right underneath the brake booster , and yes that will get fixed also. it is just so stupid!vynle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4v429
while talking about dash stuff...the highbeam indicator to me is 'painfully blue'...on dark roads its almost as if someones shining a LED flashlight at your eyes...very distracting...turning dimmer down just makes it stand out worse.

anyone else think that needs toned down a bit, or is it just my nightblind eyes?

things I didnt notice before buying...hmm...
1) didnt notice that every time kids get in or out seat needs readjusted.
2) didnt know defroster wont shut off, and only way to get warm feet is use dash/floor setting and close dash vents(just figured that out last night).
3) didnt know fenders have NO shims anywhere- I was impressed...put them back on without needing to adjust anything.
4) didnt know my passenger rear spring was mis-installed at the factory(will probably need rubber pad replaced as it looks to be cut where it popped out from under spring)
5) didnt know about missing sealer on trunk floor, or holes into rockers in front of rear tires(until after 300 miles of driving before getting under it)
6) didnt know stereo stayed on till door opened.
7) didnt know seatbelt warning could be so obnoxious(I usually belt up, just never heard one so insistent...comes back on if you ignore it...)
8) didnt know gages light up with key on- drove home with lights off one night, didnt notice till turning down our street.
10) the best for last...had no idea this car I'd wanted so bad would be so fun to drive. I was hooked for many reasons, but the car is fun to drive beyond all expectations...usually a new car has that 'get used to it' time- not this one...fits like a glove, all the controls are perfectly located, controls feel perfect(except gas pedal...needs a cable), has most powerful brakes Ive ever used(would be interesting to calculate peak braking horsepower...bet is more than engine...), general road feel is perfect balance of sporty/comfy...dont beat you up like my old camaro did at all, yet seems firmer? how'd they do that? had no idea a little 281 inch V8 could make such incredible sounds from its intake/exhaust.

while the third gear gate can get a bit vague, and the tranny has some sound issues, and the gaspedal feels 'detached', interior is rather 'hard' and a few other nitpics, this car is still so darned fun to drive I just want to go burn gas...I wasnt this excited to drive back when I was 16! Ford really made this a 'drivers car', and I just thank God Ive had the good fortune of getting ahold of one...its a treat for sure.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyexpress

Trunk is for groceries, rear "shelves" are for my purse. Rear floor is for CD case. Not cool at all to put groceries in the 65 Stang, and it's hard to take the Cherokee or F150 when I could be in the GT!(unless it's raining!) Besides,the basket getters tell me I have a bad a** car, and I'm a sucker for compliments!
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65205
Trunk is for groceries, rear "shelves" are for my purse. Rear floor is for CD case. Not cool at all to put groceries in the 65 Stang, and it's hard to take the Cherokee or F150 when I could be in the GT!(unless it's raining!) Besides,the basket getters tell me I have a bad a** car, and I'm a sucker for compliments!
No no no! The armrest is for CD's the backshelf floor is for books. The leather back shelves are for gloves and a change of clothes, for after work. If you fold down the shelves, the car automatically presses your clothes, while you are at work! The front passenger's seat floor area is for ice scraper and lunch box/newspaper.

It says it right in the owner's manual! Look it up!

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
How about the little magnet strap on the side of the seat. It's supposed to hold the seatbelt forward so you can reach it easier. Anyone use this? The magnet is not strong enough.
That is engineering genius at its best. I may cut those f-ing annoying things out. :tongue

2005 GT coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page