Things I didn't notice on my new Mustang... - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
If you have the interior upgrade package your gauges will change to red when things get critical (unless, you have selected red as your color). e.g. if you get really low on gas your gas gauge turns red, etc.
You get a audible warning and a low fuel indicator, then the gauge turns red, then a voice comes thru the speakers and asks you if you are dense.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Classic Member
S197 Member

Evidentally SS is treating me very well - have a little over 7,000 miles on it and so far have only once had a hard time filling gas tank (out of my way so have never been back). For some time have been watching brake fluid since I heard about it in this forum and am not losing any at all (it is staying exactly where it belongs). Bought some velcro dots and use them to hold gas cap on gas door. Have Ford Blue oval floor mats from Pep Boys. Added Stainless Exhast tips that has dressed up that part (enjoy the stock exhaust sound).

OVERALL I enjoy the living $%^& out of this Stang, by far the best and most enjoyable to drive I have had (Fifth Stang).
We are going to make the RMMR (Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup) in Steamboat Springs, CO. www.rmmr.org.
Neighbor as a '66 Stang and another worked for Ford R&D and is trying to get a GT500.
HAVE FUN !!!!! It will usually come up with another surprise...

PONY Member
S197 Member

My magnetic straps work like a charm. No complaints here.
(I always wear the seatbelt but I did shut off the warning.)

and no brake fliud leakage (yet?).

GT with fanblades.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05LegendLime
Groceries??? Mustang??? I can't believe these two words were in the same sentence!
I can't believe "ashtray and smoking" in the same sentence as "Mustang!"

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku

Can someone explain to me what the magnet thing with the seatbelts it? Im not following.
PONY Member

They are to keep the seat belt in easy reach,close at hand,but they are not strong. You can unsnap them to let people in the back seat, but who wants people in the back seat? That is just for a purse and CD case!
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStang
I don't know about the 06's, but the 05's don't have a trunk release on the interior of the car either.
Funny, my dealer pointed this out as a selling feature before I bought it!
On the 'Vert, it is preferred to not have an interior trunk release, else you cannot ever lock the trunk (Well, you could lock it, but a sharp knife goes straight through the roof to the release...)

On previous convertible I had, the trunk was never secure. Now, items in trunk are more likely to remain there.

BD
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4v429
things I didnt notice before buying...hmm...
{...snip...}
7) didnt know seatbelt warning could be so obnoxious(I usually belt up, just never heard one so insistent...comes back on if you ignore it...)
I didn't realize originally that you can re-program the seatbelt warning to stay off:kooky: .

Can be programmed for either, or both, seats to remain off.
Requires a series of totally non-intuitive motions (like,
turn key to on, then off position three times;
buckle, unbuckle seatbelt;
turn key again;lather, rinse, repeat...)
Exact sequence is in the manual. As for me, I turned off driver's side, but left passenger side on so I can cater to my control issues...:kooky:

BD
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku

Trying not to be stupid here, but are the magnets on the verts? Where on the seat are they? Where on the belt does the magnet attract? Does the actual latch that slides into the belt lock hold onto the seat somewhere?

Reaching back to grab the belt is a pain. I'd like to see if these magnets really help.

'06 Vista Blue GT premium vert, 5 spd manual, charcoal interior, black top, side airbags, IUP, 18" polished bullit wheels (64W).
Mods: 2 performance white shelby stripes, 10 1/2" wide, 2" apart, K&N CAI, JET throttle body spacer, chrome spinners, Magnapacks, Ultimate pedals, Saleen short shift adapter, trunk release button, 93 octane torque tune from Bamachips, Shelby hood pins
Upcoming Mods: hood scoop (future), plenum cover (future), 4:10 gears (future)
PONY Member

Where the bottom of the seat and seat back meet on the side by the door sill is a strap that snaps w/a magnet to hold seatbelt close. I do not have a 'vert and mine is an 05. Don't know if manuals are the same, but pages 87 and 88 explain this in mine.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1ststang
are the magnets on the verts? Where on the seat are they? Where on the belt does the magnet attract? Does the actual latch that slides into the belt lock hold onto the seat somewhere?

Reaching back to grab the belt is a pain. I'd like to see if these magnets really help.
Yes, the 'verts have 'em too. (Mine is '05.)

They are little straps at the side of the seat, on the outside. Strap has a magnet, mates to a round plate on the seat. Seatbelt slides through, the strap holds it (gently) in place. It is made to "break away" if some one opens the seat, that is why the magnet is not terribly strong; sure beats ripping the upholstery.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
leather cover rear shelves

Gee, I thought the rear leather covered shelves is where you put your 4-yr old so she can scream "Dad, let's go Superspeed!" I will have to try putting things like CD cases, books, jackets and such. :tongue
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

My 'card holder' in the center box does not hold cards... maybe it's my driving...???

I'm still, after almost one yesr, trying to put coins in the pen holder (not in use) then in the ashtray (not installed)... Pen holder is pretty good to hold directions though... unless you need to adjust the temp etc....

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
PONY Member

Pen holder? Not sure what you mean. The space in front of A/C controls in front of gear shift? That's where sunglass case goes-and by chance it matches car's interior.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65205
Pen holder? Not sure what you mean. The space in front of A/C controls in front of gear shift? That's where sunglass case goes-and by chance it matches car's interior.
I ment the small rubber thingy there... it's prolly expensive too as they have them in the Volvos, and call them a pen holder...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page