Things I didn't notice on my new Mustang... - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Marcus GT Send a message via MSN to Marcus GT
I just did the low fuel thing and here are my results. The fuel gauge lights turned red after about 10 seconds after the miles to empty got to 14. The dash lights have to be on, either by having the parking (running) lights on or the headlights on. The fuel gauge lights will remain white if the lights are not on.

I had to know but hope I never see that again. :laughlitt

2005 Mustang GT, Black w/ Dark Charcoal interior
IUP, Active-Anti Theft Alarm
Bright Aluminum Wheels w/Locks
Perma Plate, Window Tinting 35/20/5
Molded Splash Guards, Sequential Tail Lights
SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Front License Plate Delete
DFM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Question Molded Splash Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus GT
My speed volume is set to 3.

I purchased a coin holder from Target for $5. Its a black plastic holder that fits in a cup holder. It holds silver in the top and the bottom opens for that copper crap they push. Mine sits in the arm rest. Easy access, less mess. :laughlitt

Where were you able to locate the molded splash guards?

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag33813
Where were you able to locate the molded splash guards?
When I was getting my first oil change at the dealer, I looked at one of their Mustang brochures and they have the molded splash guards available through Ford.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today

GT Member
S197 Member

Here's a new one to me. Last night I had a huge brain fart and tried starting my car when it was already started. It just does nothing. Doesn't make that horrible grinding sound that says, "I'm already started, dumba$$."

Idiot proof.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Thats good to know.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P51Driver
The thing I didn't notice is that Ford moved the Mustang gas cap to the driver side of the car.
Very cool. I pulled up next to an older Mustang, at the gas station. He fills on the right and I fill on the left so there are no pumps betwen us. Young guy didn't make a lot of eye contact. The front ends of the older [pre-05] Mustangs were very long, in front of the front wheels. There is a lot of car out there. Ours have about 5 inches between wheel and bumper. But the older ones look like 2 feet. Look at the one on AFM homepage.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
Here's a new one to me. Last night I had a huge brain fart and tried starting my car when it was already started. It just does nothing. Doesn't make that horrible grinding sound that says, "I'm already started, dumba$$."

Idiot proof.
Yeah, with these new American cars, you only have to start them once, to drive them. :laughlitt

It is almost the same sensation as grinding a gear. Terrible vibrations that feel like you are being electrocuted.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
it requires a court order to access the information, usually when it involves a fatal accident.
Unless, of course, you are driving a police vehicle.

I found that it is state law in California that the dealer must tell you a EDR or black box is in your car.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4511.21
Unless, of course, you are driving a police vehicle.

I found that it is state law in California that the dealer must tell you a EDR or black box is in your car.
Why would the dealer have to tell you since they are in all new cars. :?:

AFM Site Administrator
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
Why would the dealer have to tell you since they are in all new cars. :?:
That's California for you...has a law for everything.

Though it seems the thread has been going off-topic, i am listing the stuff i find out about my 'stang only after bringing it home:

1. No inside fuel release - i asked the salesman about it and just assumed he did'nt knew where it is but then after reading the owner's manual i had to believe its not there. Someone mentioned that salesman pointed it out as a safety feature, that's BS; I had two Miata's in the past (99 and 05) and they both had a trunk release INSIDE the centre console storage (alongwith fuel door release) and that center console could be locked with the key just like glove box.

2. Those grocery hooks in the trunk were a nice surprise

3. Find out my 06 wont roll down windows using the remote key fob like an 05

4. That the standard 17" wheels seems way smaller than the optional machined ones.

5. The magnetic seat-belt loops

6. coin holders in armrest storage

7. Speed sensitive volume feature

8. It runs on REGULAR !!! Even my minivan requires premium (04 Toyota Sienna)

9. Rear mats very narrow and front mats a bit short - won't go all the way up under the pedals

10. Coming from a miata: Redline at just 6000RPM and only 5 cogs in the stick I feel the Mustang GT can really benefit from a close-ratio 6-speed
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Why would you need a fuel release?

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
Why would you need a fuel release?
Think he's talking about for the fuel door outside. Only it's not 'locked', so there's no real need....
I agree, though, that it would be nice to have an inside release for the trunk...

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).
PONY Member
S197 Member

I don't need the trunk release, but it would have been nice to get a locking fuel door for the security and the flush fit. Also, I don't need the dummy-leash on the gas cap, but I would like the gas cap pocket on the inside of the door. The loose cap also comes in handy for those stations that disable the trigger lock.

GT with fanblades.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku
I don't need the trunk release, but it would have been nice to get a locking fuel door for the security and the flush fit. Also, I don't need the dummy-leash on the gas cap, but I would like the gas cap pocket on the inside of the door. The loose cap also comes in handy for those stations that disable the trigger lock.
If someone wants your gas bad enough, a little locking door isn't going to stop them.

AFM Site Administrator
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page