Things I didn't notice on my new Mustang... - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Ok here are the pictures I promised as you can see in the second one mine is a snap like on a coat only made out of plastic not metal.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	14206   Click image for larger version

Name:	seat1.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	14207  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

So the update is a snap on a nylon strap? That is alot more cost efficient.

GT with fanblades.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

That is totally different from mine.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

Apprentice

Talking Things I didn't notice

When I got home, my wife realized that there is no height adjustment for the passenger seat, even with the GT & power driver's seat.

At 5' 3"- she can't see out the front of the car. I thought it would reduce the back seat driving, but it only makes it worse.

Had to buy her a pillow (booster seat)

2013 GT Premium Convertible
Sterling Grey/Saddle Interior
Automatic/Brembos/Shaker Pro Audio
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
That is totally different from mine.
wonder if its part of the ICAP seats only? Stoenr- you had leather if I recall correctly, I got cloth...magnets here too.

O/T: hey stoenr- whats with the framed sock avatar???
I'm a little slow and just dont get it

06 gt stick vista blue - love this car!
07 pony auto vista blue (wifes)
09 gt stick vista blue (ordered day after the '10 reveal- 4 miles/undriven still)
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlime
When I got home, my wife realized that there is no height adjustment for the passenger seat, even with the GT & power driver's seat.

At 5' 3"- she can't see out the front of the car. I thought it would reduce the back seat driving, but it only makes it worse.

Had to buy her a pillow (booster seat)
It's to make the passenger feel inferior to the driver (hehe). I think its great, because my wife can't see over the cowl and there's less nagging about my driving.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4v429
wonder if its part of the ICAP seats only? Stoenr- you had leather if I recall correctly, I got cloth...magnets here too.

O/T: hey stoenr- whats with the framed sock avatar???
I'm a little slow and just dont get it
Yeah leather.

The World Champion Chicago White Sox of course!

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDominion
It's to make the passenger feel inferior to the driver (hehe). I think its great, because my wife can't see over the cowl and there's less nagging about my driving.
Heh heh I love that! When I bought my house, the real estate agent kept playing power games with me. She tried, valiantly, to "take control". I sold cars, so I love those games

Before we got some initial paperwork done, she said, without a please or thank you "Sit in there and wait for me", indicating a meeting room. Oho! Let the games begin, I thought

I went into the room and immediately sat in the big chair, on the end of the long table. I raised it with the lever on the side, by about an inch. Then, with the hydraulic adjustment thingy, I lowered the chair, on my right by about three inches. When she sat in it, the backs of her thighs weren't even touching the seat, it was so low. She looks up at me, then tries to find the lever that will let her move her seat back to "normal".

I think, "You dropped something, dear... oh, it looks to be your dignity. Here, I'll just hold onto that for you, shall I?"

Oh, it was all I could do to keep a straight face.

Lady, you don't want to start mental games with me, then put me in a room by myself, with nothing to do but think of evil things to do to you.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack
Lady, you don't want to start mental games with me, then put me in a room by myself, with nothing to do but think of evil things to do to you.
When I bought my van, the saleman would go talk with the manager and I would begin to talk with another salesperson. They hated that! I also made him move from his office because the sun shone on my face. Power games are cool.

My wife hates that. She waited outside and I would go talk to her while the saleman was looking from the showroom floor. My wife would get frustrated and mad, she tells me she does not want to play games with us. I went back to the guy and told him she was mad about the outrageous price and that they would have to lower it much more if we wanted my wife happy. Good cop bad cop routine.

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
PONY Member
S197 Member

Today, I did a first. I filled the gas tank. Usually I just put in a few dollars worth but today, I felt generious. So far, I haven't had the problem of the pump shutting off while I feed him his oats. I set the trigger on the handle so I wouldn't have to stand there squeezing the handle. When the pump clicked telling me he was full, I almost got p*ssed off. It seems that a little fuel had splashed out. I thought I was going to have to hit the car wash on the way home. To my surprise, there is a funnel type cup under the filler cap that catches the run over with a drain hole that feeds back into the filler neck. No fuel on the paint.

Colton - 06 GT Redfire

That happended the first time I filled up too (and filled up all the way). It was as though fuel actually ran on the inside of the quarter panel. I haven't filled up ALL the way since.

My question to all, does the "extra" fuel actually flow back into the tank from the little hole below the filler neck. If so ... wouoldn't water get in there also when washing the car. I am having hesitation problems at 3000 plus RPMs (not the typpical throttle lag) and the dealer is stumped.
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

The one time I didn't watch close enough and mine overflowed like that, it just spilled out on the ground from the inside of the quarter panel.... Makes me wonder what kind of inside damage that would cause in the long run....

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).
S197 Member

I've got cloth interior and had the car for at least a week before I noticed that the pattern was the word Mustang.
Apprentice
S197 Member

There's no glove box or console lights, and no hood struts. No big deal, a bit of a surprise.

Exclamation I've got one for you guys, was I the only one???

Okay, so it hasn't been mentioned anywhere in these eight pages and I can't believe I'm the only one......

Before my car arrived I have done tons of reading on theses forums about lots of stuff, expecially how people just love the power of these cars. Previously I was driving a Mitsu Eclipse GT (V6 with lots of power upgrades, but 205 hp stock).

So I go to the dealership to test drive a V8 while mine was on order. I get in, the streets were a bit damp, and begin my test drive. I step on the gas and I was certainly able to hear the power and it did pull a bit stronger than my Eclipse in the mid range, but it lacked that "put you back in your seat" effect I'd read about so many times. I figured "maybe the streets were just wet and I wasn't going to get a good test drive anyways... but I was barely able to get the rear wheels to spin in the first place, so it wasn't from a lack of traction.

I told my brother it felt good but I was surprised at the power, it just was not as quick as my eclipse (it'll put you back in your seat if you step on it around 3500 rpm). He told a mechanic friend and he recommended I test drive another one.

So I'm pretty confident in the mustang anyways and thought, I'll certainly test drive my car when it arrives before buying it. So I arrive there, go for another test drive, and it felt exactly the same. Hmmm.... so maybe this is what they drive like. It just felt like a heavy slow accelerating car.
So I buy it of course..................... :smilie , wasn't leaving without it!

Then, 30 minutes later while driving to show it off, I look up and see the traction control button (which I had read somewhere that you could turn it off at the track to do burnouts, etc.). So I turn it off, and WOW, it's a different car completely!

Finally it pulled dangerously quick. The front of the car raises up as you go through 1st and 2nd.... Now thats the power I expected, I had the biggest grin for a long time after that find!!!

Then, when I spoke to the dealership again, I asked my experienced salesperson if he had ever driven the car with the traction control off and he said NO. This guy had no idea the difference between it off or on! At first I thought they don't show people the "button" during a test drive.

What the hell have they been selling people on??? Lol. Anyways, as you can see by the length of my story it's the reason I hadn't posted this sooner.

So somebody tell me ..... Am I the only person who didn't know about the SIGNIFICANT difference when turning the TC off???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page