why didnt dodge do this to begin with - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Im a Pontiac person too. I have a 70 GTO conv. and i wanted to buy a matching new one. Coundt plunk that kind of change down for such a bland looking car. This is my first new car. Ive had a few trans ams too. But i bought the Mustang. I like it alot. GM has a better drivetrain. Dodge does have the Hemi...

05 GT Premium, Blood Red Metallic, Shaker 500, IUP, My Color.....
70 GTO Conv. Red, Black interior, 400, Auto, Air, PS, PB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolttime
Is this not a all ford mustang forum?? Who gives a F**K about em. Take the dodge and camaro crap to their respective forums.
Man, you were just as fooled by the website name as I was.......

You need to understand, this is NOT a MUSTANG site. This is a site where GM'ers and Mopar'ers come to bash Mustangs and fords.

I know this may not make sense, but I have learned the truth. Do NOT EVER speak good of Ford, or especially Mustangs here.

You need to go to chev-omo.org to do that......

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB

You need to understand, this is NOT a MUSTANG site. This is a site where GM'ers and Mopar'ers come to bash Mustangs and fords.

I know this may not make sense, but I have learned the truth. Do NOT EVER speak good of Ford, or especially Mustangs here.

I don't think I agree with that statement. It's silly to be blinded by brand loyalty. I'm not a huge Ford fan at all, I like my Stang and all but I'm a bigger Mopar guy. However I don't come here to bash Fords. Anyway who wants to go to a forum where everyone just sits around stroking each other about how great their Fords are?

- Chad
2014 GT500 Shelby Cobra Triple Black
2017 Focus RS Stealth Gray

JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

And I disagree with your statement Boglin.

I refer to my food choices......

If I buy bad chicken at Chicken House, once, I may go back. If I get sick again, I will not. Po Po's chicken will get all of my business.

Brand loyalty is the same with other things....

I have had 2 Ruger pistols. Both had problems that are very detailed and lenghty. Neither were fixed, even after being returned to the factory. My Smith's have not had problems. I now buy only S&W, and have not had a malfunction yet. Well, I do also have a Glock, but that's really for the wife, she doesn't like the .44's.......

I play guitar, have owned Fenders, Gibsons, a Charvel, Kramers, and even an Aria Pro(cheap one at that.) With the exception of the Charvel, they were all good guitars, but all had their own feel and neck shape (most important) and sound.
Then I played my first Ibanez, fell in love with a wonderful guitar that cost less than 1/4 of the Les paul, and just over half of my Strat, with more tonal versatility.
All other guitars have since been sold, except for my other 12 Ibanez's, each a different model, but all Ibanez (that's 13 total Ibanez's). My hands are happy with that brand.

I like Diet Coke, hate Diet Pepsi. Is that silly?

I love HP servers, and can't stand Dells....Same components, but I prefer tha layout of the hp's, and their service is much better for warranty work.

Brand loyalty is nothing more than spending MY money where I feel it is better spent. What is wrong with that?

I Hate GM, deal with it.
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB

This was meant to be satire.....
Sorry if it did not translate well.....

I Hate GM, deal with it.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB

If I buy bad chicken at Chicken House, once, I may go back. If I get sick again, I will not. Po Po's chicken will get all of my business.

I have had 2 Ruger pistols. Both had problems that are very detailed and lenghty. Neither were fixed, even after being returned to the factory. My Smith's have not had problems. I now buy only S&W, and have not had a malfunction yet. Well, I do also have a Glock, but that's really for the wife, she doesn't like the .44's.......

I play guitar, have owned Fenders, Gibsons, a Charvel, Kramers, and even an Aria Pro(cheap one at that.) With the exception of the Charvel, they were all good guitars, but all had their own feel and neck shape (most important) and sound.
Then I played my first Ibanez, fell in love with a wonderful guitar that cost less than 1/4 of the Les paul, and just over half of my Strat, with more tonal versatility.
All other guitars have since been sold, except for my other 12 Ibanez's, each a different model, but all Ibanez (that's 13 total Ibanez's). My hands are happy with that brand.

I love HP servers, and can't stand Dells....Same components, but I prefer tha layout of the hp's, and their service is much better for warranty work.

Brand loyalty is nothing more than spending MY money where I feel it is better spent. What is wrong with that?
So because you are blindly loyal to a certain brand you don't want to consider anything else? Therefore the possiblilities of another brand coming out with improvement that may be better are lost to you. If I was blindly loyal to my prefered car brand I'd be driving a SRT-4 or a Charger right now. But because I decided to give Ford a try I found they had a great package to offer in the Mustang. Not looking outside your box actually goes beyond silly into the realm of stupid. But I'm not here to tell you how to live your life if you wanna be that way, however I still disagree that this forum revolves around non-Ford people bashing Ford.

- Chad

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB

Brand loyalty is good, but me personally, I like a bunch of different cars from different makes. Ford i love the mustang! but i really dont like the others too much. GM, i love the Corvette, i also prefer the SUVs over the others. Dodge, I love the Viper and that's about it! I wouldnt buy a product from a company just because its a "ford or chevy or dodge", i will buy the one I like best and is the best buy in my OWN opionion. But in reality, I like ALL musclecars;.........old, new , fast slow...what ever ..
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEB
This was meant to be satire.....
Sorry if it did not translate well.....
Awww, you back out with "I was just kidding"

- Chad

JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

No, actually I didn't back out...

I tried to clarify if you didn't "get it."

This thread is not exactly the subject of that post. The website is more what I was referring to, along with several people that post here.

If I was blindly loyal, my wife wouldn't have that POS Liberty that I just had to drop $1300 on at < 40,000 mi. to replace the rear axles, seals, brakes (front and back).

I'm so sorry if it offends your all too intelligent mopar and GM preferences, but she has seen why I am blind. My Fords have had no problems, other than replacing the gas tank in the Mustang, which was done overnight.

Her next car, by her choice, will be a Ford as well.

Call me stupid? Fine. If it makes you feel better...

(sorry for the edit, I just checked my checkbook, over stated the repair cost)

I Hate GM, deal with it.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boglin
Anyway who wants to go to a forum where everyone just sits around stroking each other about how great their Fords are?
Yeah, why don't we all sit around and trash our cars, right moron?? What I think is stupid is the people who own a new Mustang that can't wait to trade it in because they saw some concept car. They can't tell you if it will be built, they can't tell you what it will be like if it is built, they can't tell you what it will cost, but they can tell you it's going to be soooo much better. If the Mustang is so lame why didn't you buy a Corvette, or a Viper, or a Ferrari? Probably because they're way more expensive, and nothing that sells for what the Mustang does has it's combination of power, performance, and looks. And if the Camaro and Charger come out, nothing will change. Now, go trade your Mustang in on something that costs the same and let me know what you get so we can all laugh at your stupidity.

- JIM

2006 PREMIUM GT COUPE VISTA BLUE
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boglin
So because you are blindly loyal to a certain brand you don't want to consider anything else? Therefore the possiblilities of another brand coming out with improvement that may be better are lost to you. If I was blindly loyal to my prefered car brand I'd be driving a SRT-4 or a Charger right now. But because I decided to give Ford a try I found they had a great package to offer in the Mustang. Not looking outside your box actually goes beyond silly into the realm of stupid. But I'm not here to tell you how to live your life if you wanna be that way, however I still disagree that this forum revolves around non-Ford people bashing Ford.
This was my point. Hey I respect the SRT-4's but I wouldnt drive one. I do however prefer GM SUVs and back in the 80's and 90's I prefered the Trans Ams looks over the Mustang's, because in all honesty eithe rcan be built up they way you like it with all the aftermaket support they reveive.

I hav enot come on here and done any bashing... reality checks maybe. Sorry but a stock 05 or Mach1 is not taking a LS1 F-body or any LS2 car that is remotely stock. Sorry, had both... I know the answer and all the track times people post back it up.

I used to hate compaq computers, and since 96 I had a few different brands... but last year when I bought my lap top there was a compaq on the market that filled my needs so they got the nod. Since it exploded due to lighteneing and thanks to have the right coverage it got replaced by an HP for free that happened to be better for our needs 6 months later.

Same reasoning on the Stand... I wanted a New Pony car/Muscle car. F-body... no new ones, GTO... over priced, Corvette.... at 25 yea right, Sorry GM... not fitting my Bill... Imports, well the 350Z was overpriced and wasnt looking for a convertible so just abotu everythign else was out of the market. Which left a 4-door charger and the Stang... guess what I bought... Stang. As I stated above, I am enjoying it for all its worth, and I think that by 2008 or 9 when the Camarocomes out my stang will be dated and GM will have the better platform.. or should. I won't blindly go down and jut hand the key to my Mustang over to the Used car man and go stary eyed into the sales fllor and just buy. It had damn well be better than my 4 or 5 year old stang is, or I will just keep the stang until somethignbetter comes along

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Oh and I think it should be noted that when you are driving the car you prefer small problems are just that, but if you dont really care for the car... small problems get blown out of proportion.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
PONY Member
S197 Member

Me..I'm a car nut...love them old to young...especially fond of muscle cars ....1971 plymouth Hemi cuda convertible my #1 , followed by 68 shelby GT500KR convertible & boss 429 ...Point being, for me, I really don't care what the brand is if I like the car...as for quality ...man the late 60's early 70's muscle were among the shoddiest ever made....rode like crap ...& I still love em ..by comparison the new mustang , warts & all is like a limo.

Just hope my wallet can keep pace with the new stuff as it comes out

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFreak
Yeah, why don't we all sit around and trash our cars, right moron??.
I don't think this guy gets it. The whole point of my reply was I'm a Mopar guy but I don't bash Ford on this forum and I've never really heard others doing it. But it's better to hear OPINIONS of Fords and other cars rather than a forum full of...."My Ford is awesome.....your Ford it awesome too......We're awesome with our Fords." Stroking egos is dull. Opinions and debate is interesting.

Also I openly admit that I like the 2005 Mustang GT and that is why I bought it. I don't care for the previous years. I can respect them but I wouldn't buy one. If we go back to the classic years I'd rather have a Mopar. If that makes me some kinda poser, then whatever. I only post on the 2005 forum on this site, I don't go to the other sections and bash them.

- Chad

J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

The camaro is heavy, I just saw it at the Houston auto show last night, the eye-candy did not want to discuss weight or anything negative about the car. It is eye catching, but in our opinion, my son's and mine, the car does not scream speed.

David, my son is very frank. He has steered me from a few mods ( bullit fuel door, mustang letters on the back) because he is honest and tells it like it is. When we saw the camaro, we did not think it was par with our Mustang. The charger is huge, it is an elephant on wheels hemi or not, it is not cool.

Anyone interested in a locking fuel door and trunk lettering?

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page