Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/)
-   -   Quarter Window Louvers (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/53678-quarter-window-louvers.html)

StangMe 01-30-2006 04:52 PM

Quarter Window Louvers

I am new to this fourum and I have a question related to the louvers for the rear quarter windows. The ones I am looking at are the MRT louvers. I plan to keep this car a long time. If I should get these louvers should I be concerned about rust underneath in the future? Seems to me that these type of windows eventually get rust around the edges and you would never see it with the louvers covering. Any comments are appreciated.

FordFreak 01-30-2006 07:30 PM

I believe that you can remove the MRT louvers for cleaning, so you shouldn't have a problem. I know some of the members have them installed so they can tell you better than I can.

xeroinsanity 02-01-2006 12:43 PM

I have them installed. They are great. I was worried about rust underneath or how I would get them off if I wanted do, but after putting them on they were perfect. Easy to clean, and I doubt I will ever take them off. It is very much worth it, you will love the look with them on. Rust shouldnt be a problem as long as when you clean your car you clean around and under them and always keep an eye on them. Any more questions let me know.

StangMe 02-01-2006 12:46 PM

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. They are sharp looking.

fishingjts 02-01-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordFreak
I believe that you can remove the MRT louvers for cleaning, so you shouldn't have a problem. I know some of the members have them installed so they can tell you better than I can.

The MRT are not removable... the Roush ones are... but I don't like the 3 bolt holes in the Roush... I love my MRT louvers! I've had the quarter window louvers since the fall... I just put the rear window louver last week... Both are great products!