GT versus Charger - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

The Five Hundred does have AWD going for it, and.....er well that's about it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraclyde
I drove the Magnum while car shopping, before the charger was out. I was more impressed than I expected, but it didn't handle as well (duh) and was way too cushy. Plus, did you know they turn off half the cylinders while cruising? If you are easing down the highway, it's running on 4 cyl!! It's called Displacement On Demand or some such.You can't tell driving it, but sooner or later, the other four will fail to come back to life when you need them. Count on it. This year, they're making the truck engines that way, too. Bad idea, guys.
I thank God for that Performance on Demand thing or what ever it is because when the Magnums first came out I was not aware of the 05 Mustangs yet and I liked the looks of the Magnum and I really liked 340 horsepower. I also have a lot of sh** I need to haul around and people I need to haul around so I went down to look at one and got the specs on it and everything and when I saw the four cylinder/eight cylinder thing I said WHOA! I think Caddilac tried that about 10 years ago and it was nothing but problems. Even though I had the new car fever bad I controlled myself and TA DA! I found the mustang.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to hawgman Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
You know why a chicken coupe only has two doors?

Because if it had 4 doors it would be called a chicken sedan.

I have raced a Charger R/T. I wasn't impressed. He never passed me. And honestly, I expected him to. The Challenger, on the other hand, in my opinon is just schweet!

2005 GT Premium,torch red, all available factory options.
Performance mods: Lets just say it's not stock.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

This IntelliTXT stuff sucks.

J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

[QUOTE=hawgman]You know why a chicken coupe only has two doors?
Because if it had 4 doors it would be called a chicken sedan.
QUOTE]
Hawgnan, you're killing me!! My 10 year old son is laughing really hard. He must have missed something.!!

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
Rookie

Charger is only for the old school hemi fans in my point of view....i dont like the ugly bulky look...Looks like a sporty verison of the 300C..all thats new is the front....so yeah stay away from this car..i wouldnt ever want to pay payments for something thats so Fat looking.

black 05 mustang gt,Dynatech Long Tube Headers w/cats SuperMaxx System,Roush Performance Exhaust System with Rear Fascia,Roush 2005 Mustang Body Kit,Eibach Sport Line Lowering Kit,Eibach Sway Bar Kit 35mm/24mm,Steeda Billet Strut Brace,BMR Carbon Fiber One-Piece Driveshaft,zex System 100 shot,afe ram air cold stage 2,light flywheel,stage 3 performance clutch & only using Mobile 1 Oil,100 octance Shell V-Power
S197 Member

Since we are talking about 4 door cars, the charger is a nice car but its really bulky looking and doesnt come in stick. Let me tell you, I just got SMOKED by a Caddy CTS Spec-V. After he smoked me, I pulled over to follow him into a gas station and asked him if he had a manual or auto, he had a 6spd manual, then he told me the whole story of how he kinda changed the appearance of the car to make it look more like a stock CTS and painted everything black, and put some light weight black wheels with sticky tires. He got the car for 45K out the door last summer and he's got about 3K into it in mods. He said it Dynoed at 410 at the wheels. This car was a freakin sleeper for sure. I looked up how much they weigh and they are 3850, with 400 HP stock. They are on the pricy side, but they (in my opinion) look better than the charger, and you get a really nice interiour too.:eyepoppin Another 4 door I dont want to run into is a New M5, i hear thats a v10 with 500 HP
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66stang351
My wife said the same thing...until she sat in one. Just a quick glance around the interior and she was sold on a Ford Five Hundred for a family car instead. And those have absolutely zero coolness factor in their exterior design.
My wife and I looked at the 500's, and I think they are quite nice when appropriatly equipped. If you get a loaded one, they are a damn nice car.

I like the fusion as well, and that six speed auto sounds real nice too... I need to go test drive one, but already I'm seeing more of those than the 500's.

The 500 needs some redesign work in the aesthetics.....

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
Apprentice
Classic Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Its Not A Mustang

Its Not A Mustang
I LOOKED AT THE 2006 CHARGER
ITS NOT A MUSTANG!!! ITS A BOAT

I LOOKED AT THE 2006 PONTIAC G6 GTS
ITS NOT A MUSTANG!!! NICE LOOKING

I LOOKED AT THE 2006 PONTIAC GTO
ITS NOT A MUSTANG!!! ITS A GUZZER
2006 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER
ITS NOT A MUSTANG!!!

2006 HONDA ACCORD
ITS NOT A MUSTANG!!! BORING

NONE OF THESE VEHICLES DID ANYTHING FOR ME.
ITS IN THE HEART AND MIND THAT COUNTS

1964.5 Coupe V8, 1965 GT Coupe V8, 1979 5.0 Fastback & Sweet V6
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'm an old Charger fan...this is a Charger.
(I owned this one back in 86',my foster kids named this one,"Elvis")
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66 Charger.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	13935  

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
Apprentice
S197 Member

The Mustang Can Hold 4

I routinely take the whole family out in the stang, and my wife and I are around 5'8", my 18 yr old daughter is a bit on the shorter side, and my 15 yr old son is about 5'9". We all fit just fine. Now I wouldn't put two full size adults in the back, but I have had some adults back there and they were fine. I have never tried any car seats, but it does have the hardware for them in the back seats. I say go for it, you won't be sorry!

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
nghtrnnr

truth to tell you i hate ford.i hate how they treat us.i hate how their shops look.i hate their professionalism or lack of.but unfortunately i love the mustangs...i own two now...have owned 2 others in my life.i wish someone else made it...oh and the charger weighs wayyyy more than a stang.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006 Thread Starter

Ford, has been really good to my family. My dad is a retired engineer, who worked for a company that was owned by Ford. Also, being from Michigan, Ford has been better to Michigan than GM in my opinion. Ford seems to give back more than GM does. However, now that Ford has fallen on hard times, it will be interesting to see. Plus, they are closing a lot of plants, but so far I think Michigan will be less effected by it, but eventually Michigan jobs will start to diminish as well.

On a side note, I am made at Ford for pulling back their sponsorship of #21 Wood Brothers Ford. I think this scale back of money from Ford may have been one of the reason Ricky Rudd (my favorite driver) retired. Oh well, you have to tighten your belt somewhere.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by POCO
I'm an old Charger fan...this is a Charger.
(I owned this one back in 86',my foster kids named this one,"Elvis")
I have to agree with you there. They had that lame Shelby Charger in the 80s' too. I'm a Mopar guy but Dodge has really been dropping the ball. Prior to the Charger they were throwing R/T on everything with wheels (like Chevy tosses SS around). Then they come out with that Super Bee striped Dodge Ram. That hurt my Mopar soul. Then the new 4-door Charger comes out (with a Hemi that isn't really a Hemi) and the dilution of the Mopar icons was too much for me, I bought a Mustang.
Maybe the Challenger will be better but I've already heard they are dropping back on that. Rumors of no manual transmission available are making me cringe.

- Chad
2014 GT500 Shelby Cobra Triple Black
2017 Focus RS Stealth Gray

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page