Do your exterior lights come on whe using the unlock button on key fob??? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Do your exterior lights come on whe using the unlock button on key fob???

Coming out of a store and when I hit my unlock button on the keey fob the tail lights don't light up to let me know where the car is anto let me know the car unlocked. The only thing that happens is the interior ligh comes on. Ths sucks. I'm used to my GM autos working like this and for some reason I thought this car did it as well. Is there a way to make this happen? Or am I stuck with no exterior lights when I use the fob?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony
Coming out of a store and when I hit my unlock button on the keey fob the tail lights don't light up to let me know where the car is anto let me know the car unlocked. The only thing that happens is the interior ligh comes on. Ths sucks. I'm used to my GM autos working like this and for some reason I thought this car did it as well. Is there a way to make this happen? Or am I stuck with no exterior lights when I use the fob?
Hit your panic button, they will come on. :laughlitt
They do come on when you lock your car and shut the door.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Well, for one, I always know where I parked. 2, Usually way way out there where its not hard to miss.

Like pc said panic, or repeat hitting the lock button and listen for the horn. But I dont think the range is all that great on these things.
My previous car would work at the top of a roller coaster at great america out to my car in the parking lot, it was great.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006
S197 Member

My car has the "now deleted" option of rolling down the windows with the remote. On hot summer days I can unlock the car and roll them down from my office window. I think the range is enhanced by elevation and the fact that no other cars are blocking the signal.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

RDS - most seem not to know about this radio function. It shows the radio station and the song thats playing on your stereo readout. Thats if the station sends the information out.

Excuse me if its been mentioned.

Hold menu button until RDS ON/OFF shows. seek button to select ON/OFF.

Neat feature!

Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
My car has the "now deleted" option of rolling down the windows with the remote...
Who performs this service? Is it done by reprograming the car or the key fob?

cool, I did the RDS on. It is neat.

topic: As mentioned... If you need the light show, keep hitting the lock button. The lights will flash and the horn will chirp.

GT with fanblades.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006
S197 Member

Originally, cars with the active alarm had this feature. You can roll the windows down by holding the unlock button on the fob. You can also roll them up by sticking the key in the door lock. Some time in 05, Ford discontinued this feature. My car has a 2/7/05 build date (Today is her Birthday :kooky: ).
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006
Apprentice
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well, I'm GLAD my exterior lights don't come on when I unlock my car to alert would-be carjackers as to the location of my now unlocked car.

"Politicians never accuse you of 'greed' for wanting other people's money---only for wanting to keep your own money." -Joseph Sobran

'65 289 automatic coupe
'83 GLX convertible
'05 GT Premium coupe, 5 speed manual
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Good God!

When hitting the unlock button on most other cars and other Ford products the exterior lights come on. It lets you know you've unlocked the door before trying the handle and finding out it did not unlock.
Has nothing to do with where did I put my car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
RDS - most seem not to know about this radio function. It shows the radio station and the song thats playing on your stereo readout. Thats if the station sends the information out.

Excuse me if its been mentioned.

Hold menu button until RDS ON/OFF shows. seek button to select ON/OFF.

Neat feature!
Is this only on the Shaker 1000? I have the 500 Shaker and I couldn't find this option in the menu when I looked yesterday?
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I think its on any ford radio plain/shaker500/shaker1000.
It worked on my g/f 05 focus.

I think what your not doing is HOLDING the menu button down, not scrolling throught the options.

Try holding the menu button for 5 seconds or so, RDS ON/OFF will pop up

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page