LED Tail lights - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

LED Tail lights

I was at the dealer this morning and the parts department had a set of LED tail lights for the 05/06 Mustang. Not my cup of tea but some one may be interested. They had a black surround with the three segments in red. Each segment had two vertical rows of 5 LEDs set into the red reflectorized material. I didn't get a price.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to hawgman Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
You mean like these fugly things?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...QQcmdZViewItem

2005 GT Premium,torch red, all available factory options.
Performance mods: Lets just say it's not stock.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

This IntelliTXT stuff sucks.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Exactly. I had never seen them before - I wouldn't put them on either of my cars but then not everyone has my eye for style

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
Exactly. I had never seen them before - I wouldn't put them on either of my cars but then not everyone has my eye for style
I would have to agree with the 2horseowner guy on this one. Its a tough call on a part that doesn't improve performance but if it increases your saftey factor,that would be a serious consideration.

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Just as I imagined...
It will look like a carnival ride. Does it come with a buzzer for a horn? (sorry if someone thinks they look good.) Some dealer options astound me. They should pay more attention to service instead of crapping up somebody's new ride.

Regarding the safety factor- The stock set up is at a decent height and pretty bright yet schmuck-heads still don't see the left turn signal until they're almost on top of you. WTF?

lol. I'm in a bad mood.

GT with fanblades.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

We've recently been doing some engineering work with LEDs. And I don't see how those could be any brighter than the stock lamps. Those things are blinding! which is good, of course. And i sure wouldn't put them on as a style statement, even though the tail lights are my least favorite feature of the car.

2005 Satin Silver GT 5spd, IUP, ICAP, bullits, active alarm, lug locks, side a!rbags, shaker 500, XM Roady 2, JLT cold air, Xcal2 w/ SCT 93 oct tune, & custom fab'd ram air duct, BMR Sway Bars, Hurst Competition plus shifter
Custom blackout on hood and trunk with Steeda street wing and Ford Racing hood pins
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

Woof. Those LED lights are pure rice.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I thought this post was about the spring loaded led bulbs. Have you seen those, or used them? They could be useful if they dont attract rice.....should have a quicker response time. These are merely replacement bulbs.

Im back now, and so is the speed.

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-08-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Ive noticed only from certain angles the Mustang already looks like it has led's.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

Yeah, they're pretty garish.

The ONLY redeeming quality I can see would be the metal framing device around the lenses.

Is it just me, or does the three-element design get lost at night, during braking? IMHO, the lenses need to be framed, but in white metal or in a color that matches the body, I dunno...
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin_wolf
Is it just me, or does the three-element design get lost at night, during braking? IMHO, the lenses need to be framed, but in white metal or in a color that matches the body, I dunno...
Perhaps something like this?
http://mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProd...eIndexID=48642

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

I am very happy with sequential lights. I see people in my rear view mirror discussing the lights between them. Often following the lights with their index finger.

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgman
I don't like the aluminum trim around the tail lights but the black would look good with my blackout panels. I may have to try them.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogpowr
I thought this post was about the spring loaded led bulbs. Have you seen those, or used them? They could be useful if they dont attract rice.....should have a quicker response time. These are merely replacement bulbs.

Im back now, and so is the speed.
If you're talking about the ones I think you are talking about, aren't the like $20 per bulb?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page