Ford Mustang Forum banner

Wanting your opnion my new setup

734 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AMDanBailer 
#1 ·
Just bought a new set of frpp hot rod cams and a Vortech v3 NON interooled supercharger kit. And I am wanting your opinion on how much rwhp & rwtq it will put out. Mods I already have are Shorty headers, 4.10s, 93race tune (Bama), Airaid race cai, o/r xpipe, slp axelback.

My Father inlaw sais I will be lucky to put down 400hp to the wheels. He has 2012 camaro ss and swears even with all those mods it will just keep up with his camaro. Is this true? Hard to believe those cars are that fast from the factory not sure of the hp they have but he is begging to race at the local 1/8 mile drag strip when I ge it all installed.

#2 ·
That will make 400 ish easy. Your going to need a custom tune, and some fuel mods. Depends what camaro, but most have 425 or so hp and weigh more. They are not much faster than your stang. And your stang with with boost will be a beast, he will be surprised when he cant keep up, you will have as much hp and less weight.

#3 ·
Sounds like a typical Camaro owner to me! With that set up your car will be capable of 500+RWHP pretty easily. However, I wouldn't recommend running that much boost! You would be pushing your luck with that much power on a stock motor. On a mild/safe dyno tune, your car should make around 475RWHP and will destroy a 2012 SS Camaro.

The new Camaros weigh just under 4,000 pounds and have 420 hp from the factory.. The power to weight ratio just isn't there!

I hope this helps!

-Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.