Does your Mustang make you take chances - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
Lol, Check the rear tire tread depth? or the current avg MPG?
I always check that when I get it back from the dealership. Once I complained that the calculated speed was too low!! Ha Ha Ha. I told them that if anyone passed my car I would be disappointed. I did not want anyone to see anything but the rear of my car passing them up. They laughed too!!

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Yeah, I need to take her into the dealer onna these days. But concerned because it will require them to take on the expressway, and theres no on ramps (exits) anywhere near them.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
Yeah, I need to take her into the dealer onna these days. But concerned because it will require them to take on the expressway, and theres no on ramps (exits) anywhere near them.
Only one thing to do in such cases... Get a good CD of your favorite music and go with them. Do not let them go by themselves.

When I took my car to get the Bassani mufflers re-adjusted (knocking on the body) I made the mistake of letting the manager drive it by himself. When he came back five long minutes later, he looked scared!! He told everyone that that was the quickest car he had ever driven and immediately started a cigarette. That worried me a lot. He could not sit still the whole time the techs were working on it.

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA

PONY Member

On the taking chances thing...

Seriously... I'm a real schizo in my Pony. I alternate personalities constantly while driving... From gunning it to get around those Hummer drivers and others who can't afford their gasoline (and therefore completely avoid their gas pedals), to driving VERY cautiously when the people around me in traffic are nuttier than I am. :kooky: Gotta protect my bright, shiny, flawless baby! She's almost a year old now, and has no marks whatsoever - and she's my every-day drive... Work and grocery store parking lots, etc...

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I was coming out of the carwash, last time, and had the God-awful experience of geting behind a Hybrid Prius, driven by old people. It was like a contest to see how slow they could drive. I knew I would get serious looks when I roared past them though "Wasting gas!!! Killing the environment!!!" and car-full of frowny faces.

Priceless.

What gas you save leaves more for *me*

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack
What gas you save leaves more for *me*
I think you will be the grandfather screaming in terror and your passengers will be the ones asleep!!! :laughlitt :laughlitt

Go JetBlack

Member MCOH
Member MCA
eyelleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
I don't think I every made it past 19 avg. Well today I got gas for $2.06, cheapest so far in a long time.
65205, glad your agony is over, just tell him you have a way to access his speed information. :laughlitt
Well another thread that appears to have gone south. LOL.
$2.06 a gallon?!! I'd give my left nut for 2 bucks a gallon (hey, I can get by with just the right one!)... Heck, I'd even pull my pony out of storage early for that kinda fuel price... but then the weather has been so nice the last two days (no rain/snow) that I've seriously contemplated doing it anyway!

I managed to stay away from this place and stop thinking about the stang for the majority of the winter, but now that it's feeling like spring, the fever has been settling in rather steadily! Absolute torture to want to baby your baby and yet hear her calling your name for just one little itsy bitsy joy-ride... we doesnt have to tell anyone... just our little secret... a minute and it'll be over... nobody has to know... '-)
eyelleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR
On the taking chances thing...

Seriously... I'm a real schizo in my Pony. I alternate personalities constantly while driving... From gunning it to get around those Hummer drivers and others who can't afford their gasoline (and therefore completely avoid their gas pedals), to driving VERY cautiously when the people around me in traffic are nuttier than I am. :kooky: Gotta protect my bright, shiny, flawless baby! She's almost a year old now, and has no marks whatsoever - and she's my every-day drive... Work and grocery store parking lots, etc...
I second that motion... that's totally how I am. One minute Im an over-protective dote... and the next, am totally a get the frack outta my way, I'm passin ya! type...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelleye
I second that motion... that's totally how I am. One minute Im an over-protective dote... and the next, am totally a get the frack outta my way, I'm passin ya! type...
Glad to hear I'm not alone, eyelleye... I was beginning to wonder if I needed some serious 'help.' :laughlitt

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

eyelleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR
Glad to hear I'm not alone, eyelleye... I was beginning to wonder if I needed some serious 'help.' :laughlitt
LOL, yeah, I believe the particular help you need comes in liquid form with an octane rating. =)
PONY Member

Quote:
LOL, yeah, I believe the particular help you need comes in liquid form with an octane rating. =)
Heh heh heh heh... I hear that! VRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to myfast05
You said it best, they do go fast, I had mine(05 GT) up to 120 and can't even tell and handles the corners like they first showed on the first commercials Ford put out. Love my Stang, but waiting for the Shelby's
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMS06STANG
I am still waiting for my car to get built, but I took one for a test drive a three weeks ago and oh my God is that car fast. I can't wait to wake up in the morning, look out in the garage, and see my dream car sitting there waiting for me to drive.

Life's to short to drive anything else
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
I second that, I am thinking of naming my car "Sybil" :kooky: This car sure can change your personality at a moments notice, or even with no notice :laughlitt
I was planning on driving my pickup this winter, but it the weather hasn't been that bad and I just can't stop driving it.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page