Dont you hate that - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle F
to you guys talking about the shifter installl.. I took a picture o fthe tools that i had out to do the job. Out in the driveway.

some I had for ease and could be replaced by something else.
Not to sound to squemish, but damn that is a lot of potentially deadly tools to instal a shifter. Just think of the damage I oculd cause with the sledge hammer! I just have the Saleen adapter, which is essential a metal block with a bolt. I am just not totally sure which part of the linkage I am supposed to take apart in order to install this adapter, nor am I sure what the other threads here were talking aobut when they said the instructions are backwards. Needless to say, I wimped out, and did not install the Saleen adapter.

For me it is more than just the adapter. The shifter adapter looked easy enough, soI thought I would try. But I have many projects that may or may not ever get done. I have a light bar just sitting in my garage becasue I have to take the entire back of the car apart to install. The mere thought of taking that much apart makes me queasy. God has granted me many things in my life, mechanicl skills simply is not one of them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
... I have a light bar just sitting in my garage becasue I have to take the entire back of the car apart to install. The mere thought of taking that much apart makes me queasy. God has granted me many things in my life, mechanicl skills simply is not one of them.
MRV,
If you totally give up i'll take the shifter adapter and possibly (if right color, wife's approval, etc..) the light bar off your hands. Just a thought!

J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

I do my best work under pressure. That's why I wait until the last possible minute. I seem to think that all can be done with a good attitude and patience. It sounds like a contradictory statement from a procrastinating person. But it's like this, I do not have time to lollygag and I have to stay focus until the task is done. Reading the instructions always help .

If I cannot finish something within the allowed time, I will seek professional help. For the mind and car!!!!

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR_WoMBaT
MRV,
If you totally give up i'll take the shifter adapter and possibly (if right color, wife's approval, etc..) the light bar off your hands. Just a thought!
I have not given up entirely on the Saleen shifter adapter, I just need to come at it from a different angle (like have someone else install it). As for the light bar, it is a crimison light bar, in theory, it matches the crimison interior and is supposed to "POP' with the black exterior. I wil get them both installed sooner or later, it just may be someone else doing the install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page