My First Service visit - not a good sign! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools

Steams my white shirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverBullitt
I wouldn't call it harsh at all if you don't feel you were treated with respect. They are the service organization, and should treat you as their paying customer. You pay their paychecks. That is the service dept. that I am going to try for now as I work in Foley (live in Fairhope). Haven't heard much good of the one in Daphne, either. That tends to be the case with most domestic dealer service depts. in my opinion. I wish they would look at the way Honda, Toyota, etc. operate .
I read a few posts here in this thread that reminded me of how much I dislike people sometimes. I'm a friendly guy, and I always try VERY hard to be nice to people and help them out, especially when my own work is under inspection and I have made an error. I always owe up to it immediately and vow to fix the problem, etc.

But in the mechanic arena, I'm at a disadvantage. See, I'm a little guy. Only about 150 lbs. Pretty thin, 5'10" tall. I'm a geek, not a tough guy, I wear business clothes, shave, my hair is short... I'm not menacing or threatening in any way. Think David Spade without all the money.

So when I ask your typical rough-tough auto mechanic about why he screwed up or inquire about an issue which has me upset, the reply is predictable... they look at me like I deserve it, and give me some patterned answer, and that's it. Anger demonstrated by small guys like me just amuses them. Sometimes I wish I could (legally) carry a gun around and point it in the face of every wise-ass who is taking advantage of their size or position just cause he can, and remind him that behind every puny guy waiting at his service desk is a wallet that pays his freakin paycheck. Then I'd shoot him in the knee, and tell him that he has a few months of being crippled to think about having more respect for others.

On the other hand, I seldom get this kind of reaction from women. When I complain to women, they are always sympathetic and responsive. That alone is enough to extinguish my anger, and we can move on to correcting the problem.

So if you are a rough guy and some little twerp is angry cause you scratched his paint, and then he gets angrier cause you won't owe up to it, relax, remember that people of all sizes and shapes have a right to be angry at you when you screw up, and then shut up and fix the problem.

</rant>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

nghtrnnr

wow tell us how you really feel drew but hey bro...i'm 6'3 and 250 pounds.. sort of long hair with the menacing scowl that i give everyone from the pastor to my granma...and guess what...those dumb ass mechanics still have the attitude...i think its just fords way...someone else said it, they feel that they have a legendary car that'll sell itself and it doesnt matter what they treat us like cause we'll still buy stangs...hmmm i guess theyre right...we all have to make it clear that we arent going to put up with it

V6 Member
S197 Member

I can totally relate to crappy customer service.....I won`t even take my car back to where I bought it, striping...knife marks ooooo god I bought a car with stripes on it and I wanted them off, off they came but when I got it home that`s when I seen the cut marks, so they painted it....when I picked it up I now had a 2005 Mustang that was 2 different colors, they could not match the stock paint, anyways 3 paint jobs later and a ****** Manager I sprung a water leak down by the passengers feet, by the door and was sick about it, did not no what to do or where to go. Then I found Hallmark Ford they are awesome!!!!!! If you do not like the service you are getting....PLEASE...GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverBullitt
I wouldn't call it harsh at all if you don't feel you were treated with respect. They are the service organization, and should treat you as their paying customer. You pay their paychecks. That is the service dept. that I am going to try for now as I work in Foley (live in Fairhope). Haven't heard much good of the one in Daphne, either. That tends to be the case with most domestic dealer service depts. in my opinion. I wish they would look at the way Honda, Toyota, etc. operate .
Well, let me know how it goes for you. I was hoping the other one was better. Im coming up on a year having mine.

05 GT Premium, Blood Red Metallic, Shaker 500, IUP, My Color.....
70 GTO Conv. Red, Black interior, 400, Auto, Air, PS, PB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page