No rear mats included - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006 Thread Starter

No rear mats included

I noticed that my new GT does not have rear mats (it does got a pair in the front). The salesman told me that none of the new Mustangs come with rear mats - only the front ones. Is this the way things are?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006
PONY Member

My 05 has front only, but check out post #103 on "things I didn't notice on my new Mustang"

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME-jazz
I noticed that my new GT does not have rear mats (it does got a pair in the front). The salesman told me that none of the new Mustangs come with rear mats - only the front ones. Is this the way things are?
Yep he's right - no rear mats included regardless of model.

You have any pics of those 20" Ziniks ? :eyepoppin

06 GT Tungsten with quicksilver stripes, Prem with red interior, FSAB, stickshift. Lightning Performance 62mm TB, WMS CAI with Ram Air box, Kooks Long Tube headers, X-pipe and Magnaflow back system. Diablo Predator tuner. Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks, Eibach Sportline springs, BMR adj panhard. Stern ST-1 Beast 20" x 8.5" & 9.5" staggered wheels in Hyperblack with Nitto 555s, 255/35 & 275/35. 12" Phat antenna.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member

www.ggbailey.com

Nice floor mats and they include the rear.

2010 Roush Stage 1, Kona Blue
2011 Camaro SS Convertible, Red Jewel
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006
S197 Member

there is a backseet? i thought it was just somewhere to put my coat
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006
Rookie

Huh, my 05 had rear mats, maybe the dealer thru 'em in...

Legend Limer 0012
LL V6 premium +, 17" bright rims , LEGEND badging, fogs, GT muffler, AFE CAI and SCT2, new front and rear sway bars, shortened antenea, new leather shiftboot, e-brake boot, seats and armrest, brushed aluminum dash aftermarket. Still got leather dash to go...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006
S197 Member

No worries. You would have probably just replaced them anyway. My front ones went bye-bye right away.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodj
www.ggbailey.com

Nice floor mats and they include the rear.
RICE:laughlitt
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stig1950
RICE:laughlitt
Absoloutely not. You just need to get the right color combination.

Apprentice

leopard - rice pink- rice oriental - rice
PONY Member

Noticed that too. Bought a complete set with the embroidered PONY badges from www.50resto.com. For some reason neither the factory mats or the aftermarket mats go very far up the front footwell.

2006 GT 5-Spd, Performance White w/ PAINTED Blue Pearl stripes,
Roush hood scoop, Hurst Shifter, Raptor Shift Light, Steeda Cold Air, Predator 93 Tune, Ford Racing Ceramic Shorty Headers, MRT AeroTurbine Axle-backs, Prothane "Bullet" Engine Mounts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, GT500 Struts & Shocks, UMI Performance LCA Relo Brackets & LCA's, UMI Upper Control Arm, MRT Panhard Bar, Prothane Swaybar Bushings, MMcc5-1 Caster/Camber plates, FRPP 4.10's,
Black 18" FR500s w/ BFG KDW 255/45-18's.
GT Member
S197 Member

i got the ICAP and while i like it, i thought the red mats were a little much. i opted for the ford accessories charcoal mats with silver pony logo. look great, excellent complement to the IUP interior, and best of all... you get all 4 mats for $79.99 through the dealer. took about a week for delivery. use the red ones when i change oil...

dont know why ford doesnt give us rear mats. guess they figure no one rides back there.... not much of a floorboard back there to put your feet on anyway...

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Do not buy the Ford heavy duty all-weather ones!! They stink. Literally and visually!!

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
PONY Member
S197 Member

I've got the ICAP red factory ones, too. Man, are they low quality! already wearing out and getting stained. Never really matched the other red in the car anyway. I love red mats, but I think I'll pick up a set from 50resto eventually. Anybody seen custom embroidered mats? Like, they can embroider my unique custom logo?

2005 Satin Silver GT 5spd, IUP, ICAP, bullits, active alarm, lug locks, side a!rbags, shaker 500, XM Roady 2, JLT cold air, Xcal2 w/ SCT 93 oct tune, & custom fab'd ram air duct, BMR Sway Bars, Hurst Competition plus shifter
Custom blackout on hood and trunk with Steeda street wing and Ford Racing hood pins
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraclyde
I've got the ICAP red factory ones, too. Man, are they low quality! already wearing out and getting stained. Never really matched the other red in the car anyway. I love red mats, but I think I'll pick up a set from 50resto eventually. Anybody seen custom embroidered mats? Like, they can embroider my unique custom logo?
www.ggbailey.com

They aren't rice. Mine say Mustang GT on them and they'll emboider anything you want.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page