PIE AUX Adapter Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

PIE AUX Adapter Question

How much is a good price to get this installed? I want the cable coming out of center arm console. Thanks for help :-D

P.S. I have Shaker 500, 2005 V6

2005 Mustang V6 Premium (Auto)
Satin Silver / DarkCharchoal / Black Stripes / True Dual Exhaust (GT Take-Offs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdisplaced
How much is a good price to get this installed? I want the cable coming out of center arm console. Thanks for help :-D

P.S. I have Shaker 500, 2005 V6
You could do it yourself in about 30 minutes. So what is 30 minutes of your time worth. For me, I would do it myself.

05 vert GT premium, any color you want as long as its black, 5spd, shaker 500, 18" Chrome Bullits wrapped with KDW2s 255/45 up front and 285/40s bringing up the rear, K&N CAI, Diablosport Predator 91 Octane tune, Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/Bluetooth XM IPOD, Hireman Flaming Pony, 8" antenna, Smoked lenses all around, Webelectric sequential turn signals, Redline hood struts, Hurst short throw shifter with T-handle, Bassani off-road x-pipe and axle-backs
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66stang351
....For me, I would do it myself.
Ditto that. I did mine last weekend. Piece of cake & I'm a qualified installation Idiot. Check out Albireo's thread and the link in his first message. You can do it!

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=53958

'16 Ruby Red GT Premium ,Prem Redline, OTT Silver Stripes, PP Luster, 401A, ENH SEC, ACC, Reverse PK, NAV

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

thanks for the replies...

how bout any information on running the rca cable to the center (arm rest) console?

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:

how bout any information on running the rca cable to the center (arm rest) console?
Once you get the floor console finish panel removed, you'll see that the RCA to 1/8" Plug adapter cable can be run under/through the floor console. Check under the felt at the bottom of your floor console compartment and you'll see two nuts which hold the bottom section of the floor console in place. Simply unscrew two screws at the front and the two nuts in the compartment after the floor console finish panel is removed and the entire bottom section of the floor console lifts up from the back (rear) end and unclips from the front (forward) end. See the attached .pdf file.

I ran my adapter cable from the FRD04-AUX (which I mounted exactly as Albireo shows in his Idiot's guide), under the center console and up thru one of the bolt holes in the floor console compartment. I used a 1 meter Monster iCable so I still have about 1 ft coiled inside the console compartment. I can stash my iPod inside the compartment when I don't want it in view.

See the attached pics. Once again: You can do it! :laughlitt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iCable1.jpg
Views:	18058
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	14305   Click image for larger version

Name:	iCable2.jpg
Views:	14304
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	14306   Click image for larger version

Name:	iCable3.jpg
Views:	4155
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	14307   Click image for larger version

Name:	iCable4.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	14308  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf consoleremoval.pdf (120.3 KB, 337 views)

'16 Ruby Red GT Premium ,Prem Redline, OTT Silver Stripes, PP Luster, 401A, ENH SEC, ACC, Reverse PK, NAV

Last edited by GTEUPP; 02-19-2006 at 10:59 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:

As part of the install you have to pull the center console apart. You can run the cable as mentioned above or if you look in the lower left corner of his pictures you see a panelthat pops out. You can run it thru there then pop the panel back in. I ran a power cord from the armrest console up to my XMradio in the dash that way.

05 vert GT premium, any color you want as long as its black, 5spd, shaker 500, 18" Chrome Bullits wrapped with KDW2s 255/45 up front and 285/40s bringing up the rear, K&N CAI, Diablosport Predator 91 Octane tune, Pioneer AVIC-D3 w/Bluetooth XM IPOD, Hireman Flaming Pony, 8" antenna, Smoked lenses all around, Webelectric sequential turn signals, Redline hood struts, Hurst short throw shifter with T-handle, Bassani off-road x-pipe and axle-backs
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

thanks so much for all the info and quick info. i appreciate it. i ordered the PIE Adapter, so when it comes in I think i'll just keep the money and do it myself.

thanks again.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
thanks so much for all the info and quick info. i appreciate it. i ordered the PIE Adapter, so when it comes in I think i'll just keep the money and do it myself.

thanks again.
One more tip: Use a soft towel or two to protect the Shaker 500 face plate and other plastic pieces while you're removing the floor console sections. You don't want no stinking scratches!

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

My Idiot's guide makes it easy!

Check out my Idiot's guide. It's a step by step deal with pictures.

If I can do it, ANYONE can!

Joe

http://www.jtephoto.com/mustang/idiots_guide/Idiots.htm

2006 Premium GT, Vista Blue, 5 Speed Auto, Pioneer 4100NEX Head Unit, Shaker 1000, Anti-Theft, 18" Chrome Mag wheels, Interior upgrade, side airbags, Backup cam
Receipt Date: 9/14/2005
Serialize Date: 10/20/2005
Blend Date: 11/15/2005
Produced Date: 11/22/2005
Author Idiots Stripe Guide, FRD04-AUX Guide
Need help installing stereo? Let me know!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I just wanted to let everyone know I did this myself and I have posted a new topic in the lounge about my experience...

I took the liberty of adding a Bluetooth Transmitter and Reciever to my car... check it out...

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=54909

thanks alberio for your guide, it was super-helpful!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page