Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Sweet ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR
Thanks Tim!

Our DMV site here has a cool Plate Search function... I tried a few different things and then put in PONYCAR just for the heck of it - "KNOWING" it wouldn't be available. I was shocked that it was out there... Went right after work that day to register my baby and reserve the plate. Gave up "FABFOUR" that I'd had since 1987 (I'm a Beatles-nut, too... :kooky: ) Didn't let those pups out of my little hands until the clerk absolutely guaranteed that I had PONYCAR locked up.

Good luck in your search... I'm sure you'll think of something great!
Sweet ride. Good job on the stripes. I know how you feel on the license plate. Here in CA anything with Stang, Mustang, Pony and etc are taken. I tried for kicks and giggles entering in "05PNYGT" and low and behold it was available, so I nabbed it as fast as my fingers could type int he request.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Sweet ride. Good job on the stripes. I know how you feel on the license plate. Here in CA anything with Stang, Mustang, Pony and etc are taken. I tried for kicks and giggles entering in "05PNYGT" and low and behold it was available, so I nabbed it as fast as my fingers could type int he request.
Thanks, mrvandermey! The stripe guys were awesome and actually - I forgot to mention this before - they were recommended to me by a guy in my Ford dealer's body shop! :laughlitt

Congrats on the 05PNYGT! I've spent a lot of time in California over the years... There must be more personalized plates on the road there than anywhere else in the country!

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PONYCAR
Thanks, mrvandermey! The stripe guys were awesome and actually - I forgot to mention this before - they were recommended to me by a guy in my Ford dealer's body shop! :laughlitt

Congrats on the 05PNYGT! I've spent a lot of time in California over the years... There must be more personalized plates on the road there than anywhere else in the country!
That is so true, and I have helped that theory because I own several cars and all of them have personalized plates. I am even the owner of several personalized plates that are no longer on any car, I just own the rights them. I have sold a couple of them on ebay. Heck, Iam on my second set of personalized plates for my Stang. I did not like my first one after I got them which read "MYWKDGT", it just kept looking wrong to me.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
That is so true, and I have helped that theory because I own several cars and all of them have personalized plates. I am even the owner of several personalized plates that are no longer on any car, I just own the rights them. I have sold a couple of them on ebay. Heck, Iam on my second set of personalized plates for my Stang. I did not like my first one after I got them which read "MYWKDGT", it just kept looking wrong to me.
Good change... much better plate!

My long-time friend "FABFOUR" was hard to give up, but the DMV let me keep the front plate (no sticker on that one)... It's in my office at home... with the rest of my BeatleToys.

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page