DFW, channel 8 caught 05 red gt wreck on the ice - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

DFW, channel 8 caught 05 red gt wreck on the ice

anybody on this site wreck their 05 GT Red with black stripes today? the news caught it on tape and now the entire DFW metroplex knows about it.
I hope the damage isn't to bad.

anyone else in the area wreck their stang this weekend due to the ice?

I somehow escaped damage a couple of times on a bridge close to where I live.

2005 Mustang GT M5
-I reject your reality and substitute my own-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

I've got a red one, no stripes though. I missed the ice. Hopefully it'll be gone tomorrow when I have to go to work.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

My Mustang doesn't see the snow or ice, that's what I have my winter beater for. Of course the Mustang probably drives better in that stuff than my 2WD pickup does. But there's too many idiots who don't know how to drive when there's snow and ice on the roads and I'd rather have someone plow into my pickup than my Mustang.

- JIM

2006 PREMIUM GT COUPE VISTA BLUE

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006
nghtrnnr

mine doesnt ever travel on snow or ice either...have my 2000 stang for that...but i hear the 06 would handle it nicely if it had to.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
mine doesnt ever travel on snow or ice either...have my 2000 stang for that...but i hear the 06 would handle it nicely if it had to.
Nah, it handles crappy like every other RWD does. OK if you are not turning, OK if you are not stopping, OK if you're not accelerating, but not good if any of these conditions exist.

I'm sure other RWD cars are worse, but my '92 Saturn with FWD was much better with the snow.

Course I drive careful anyhow, specially in the snow, so I'd rather skid a bit in my Stang then drive that crappy Saturn anyway.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

you guys with winter beaters have to understand. In Texas...well, in the Dallas/Fort Worth area anyway, it ices more often than it snows. and then it only ices maybe 5 days a year. so, our mustangs are daily drivers even on ice and snow days.

now, the panhandle is another story for another time. Amarillo is a winter wonderland like Colorado.

this mustang on the news didn't get hit hard. he was probably going 10 miles an hour and slid into a brick monument. and he wasn't the only car that did it either. the news showed 5 or 6 cars getting the bricks tattoed to the bumpers.

2005 Mustang GT M5
-I reject your reality and substitute my own-
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006
S197 Member

u guys should consider yourselves lucky for the most part.. in toronto i won't be able to comfortably drive my car till the beginning of april probably... april - mid november (if your lucky) that's the driving season up here..although.. this winter hasn't been too bad as far as snow/ice
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
S197 Member

Mine stays in the garage. It's never seen rain much less snow. My daily driver is my 93 Lightning.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
S197 Member

Wreck caught on TV

Yep , . . . I saw it on TV, but thought it was a black GT. Perhaps there were two (2) and it was a coincidence.

Anyway, I keep my baby in the garage and only take her out on good weather days (i.e. It's never been rained upon). However, I got the itch last Sunday and drove her into town. While there it started to mist and I had to get home right away since it was freezing on the windshield. I actually had to turn on the wipers for the second time.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to hawgman Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
Well, mine is red with black stripes, but it was parked in the garage during the ice storm and I am in Boston on business. Know for a fact that the woman hasn't driven it. Wasn't me!

2005 GT Premium,torch red, all available factory options.
Performance mods: Lets just say it's not stock.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

This IntelliTXT stuff sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page