Stripes being paintd today! Wet sand ALL?? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by albireo
By the time he was done explaining his methods and credentials I felt about 1/2" tall... I'm not worried!
Don't feel bad albeiro, It's your money you will be parting with.

One of the purpose of all questions is to ensure the service provider knows he is dealing with an informed client. I can assure you that even though he says he does all this to all customers, most likely he will make sure that all work is detailed to his assurances.
As a service provider, one of my pet peeves is an ignorant customer that may not know good work from crap. Comments and accolades from an informed customer mean a lot!!

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sure Your Stripes Look Awesome !!!!

I am ordering a 06 Vista Bue GT this week and going to white have stripes painted on as soon as it arrives. I live in the Bay Area and may ake it to your guy up in Roseville if all works out with you. I like the quality this guy seems to present and his work looks honorable. Can't wait to see some pics....

PONY Member
S197 Member

Stripe Job Hood Scoop Mirrors

Well Its All Done Finally,after A Weeks Wait After Buying A Fiberglass Shelby Hood (that Was Junk) I Decided To Go With A "boss 429 Style"scoop Some Xenon Mirro Covers And Having The Stripes Painted... On My Baby Is Hot! With With A Silver That Matches My Interior Which Is Cool And The Took The Stripes Over The Outside Of The Scoop (kinda Lets The Scoop Mold Into The Hood I Think) Am Getting Some Pics Today After I Clean Up The Clean Up Job From The Detailers At The Paint Shop.boy They Just Dont Detail A Car Like I Do,lol.rolling On Some 18 Inch Tsw Slots And Some Fat Nitto Tires , The Wheels Get A Ton Of Compliments! Wuill Get Some Pics Posted This Evening Of The Complete Job.i May Try To Load A Couple Of Pics Taken While The Stripes Were Being Laid Out.ended Up Costing Me $2500 But The Wife Thinks $875,lol Thank Go For My Ebay Business! Brent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang paint job 002.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	739.1 KB
ID:	15066   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang paint job 008.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	719.6 KB
ID:	15067  

2005 Mustang GT-SHR 1/4 louvers -GT500 pedals-AGENT47 Mirrors-shorty Antenna-Redfire Plenum-"BOSS 429" Scoop-Painted Silver Racing Stripes (Ford Ultra Silver Met)-CDC Classic chin-Redfire valve covers-Sequential taillights-REDLINE Elite hood struts -MAG shock tower covers-HURST short throw shifter-SCT XCAL2 -Tune by Brenspeed-BORLA exhaust -C&L Street CAI-AR Dale Jr KILLER chrome 18x8 Wheels-TOYO Proxes4 255/45ZR18-Steeda UDP-Adj Panhard bar-Eibach springs & struts- JM castors-Billet knobs

Mirror Covers Instead Of Painting Factory

Albireo, Did you look into those Zennon mirror covers? It may be cheaper to have the painter paint them and put them on rather than have to remove the stock ones and paint them. They also may hold the paint better since they are intended to be painted. You also can go back to the original black mirrors by pulling them off if you ever needed to.

Just a thought. That is what I intend to do when I have my stripes painted on. Here is the link to buy them at Mustangs Unlimited. I belive Cal-Mustang has them even a bit cheaper: http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...asp?T1=CA46+01
PONY Member
S197 Member

Zenon mirror covers

Saw your post on the miror covers.Only thing i didnt like was that they are alot larger than the stock ones once theyre slipped over the stock mirror.They look good though and add a nice "flair" to the basic mirror.They did fit nicely (will have pics of the total job tomorrow (scoop,mirror covers and stripes).I got mine from Ebay at $134.99 and $9.99 s&h. Seen them all over the price spectrum though from $135 to $179 plus shipping so shop around,Ebay is lowest --Autoaccesoryforyou (I think).

2005 Mustang GT-SHR 1/4 louvers -GT500 pedals-AGENT47 Mirrors-shorty Antenna-Redfire Plenum-"BOSS 429" Scoop-Painted Silver Racing Stripes (Ford Ultra Silver Met)-CDC Classic chin-Redfire valve covers-Sequential taillights-REDLINE Elite hood struts -MAG shock tower covers-HURST short throw shifter-SCT XCAL2 -Tune by Brenspeed-BORLA exhaust -C&L Street CAI-AR Dale Jr KILLER chrome 18x8 Wheels-TOYO Proxes4 255/45ZR18-Steeda UDP-Adj Panhard bar-Eibach springs & struts- JM castors-Billet knobs

Stripes & Mirror Covers

Can't wait to see your photos of both of your cars with stripes and the mirror painted. I just got back from the Ford dealership on my custom 06 Vista Blue GT order. I ordered it without the spoiler so I can install the after market CDC ducktail then stripe the car in white. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtretroredfire
Saw your post on the miror covers.Only thing i didnt like was that they are alot larger than the stock ones once theyre slipped over the stock mirror.They look good though and add a nice "flair" to the basic mirror.They did fit nicely (will have pics of the total job tomorrow (scoop,mirror covers and stripes).I got mine from Ebay at $134.99 and $9.99 s&h. Seen them all over the price spectrum though from $135 to $179 plus shipping so shop around,Ebay is lowest --Autoaccesoryforyou (I think).
PONY Member
S197 Member

albireo,
Dude I would sleep like a baby if I knew that guy was painting my car. I went to his site and his $hit looks B-E-A-utiful.
I would not worry. As long as (and it seems he does) he has the same picture of the outcome as you do.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Finished product NICE!

Just got her all cleaned up.Let me know what ya think! Brent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang paint job 019.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	15194   Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang paint job 012.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	15195  

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtretroredfire
Just got her all cleaned up.Let me know what ya think! Brent
Damn, that looks Bad A$$. I would love to see that in the sunlight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page