lost remote - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006 Thread Starter

lost remote

Hi everyone,

I lost one of my remotes to my 05 and am wondering if anyone has any experience with buying a remote from a website, including instructions, and programmed one themselves......They're about 29.00 from this website I found and I haven't called the dealer yet, but I think they're big bucks to get one there and have them program it....

Anyone have any info?

Cindy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I would try Ebay for the remote. I think the dealer will have to program the remote. If you are still under warranty, I would just bring in both remotes and say one isn't working. They will have to reprogram both remotes at the same time.

Hopefully you didn't lose your other key. If you didn't I would suggest buying a key of Ebay as well. Keys are easy to program as long as you have 2 to begin with. Ford charges about $80 to program a new key.

Here's a link for a remote. They say they provide programming instructions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-9...38141876QQrdZ1

Ordered 4/26/05. Picked up June 11, 2005. 05 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, 5spd, Performance White, with red accent leather (ICAP), Shaker 500, IUP, active alarm, side airbag, spoiler delete. MODS: Baltimore Street Mods 10' red stripes and red rocker stripe. window tint. K & N aircharger. Pony Package fender emblems. Added 18" Polished Alum. Bullitts Hurst comp shifter
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
PONY Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

eBay is your friend. I've got them there before.

Search for the FCC id number on the back of the remote.

05 GT Premium stick. Satin Silver w/ dark charcoal IUP, dark tint and stripes. Shelby wheels and pedal covers-Cervinis 500 front splitter-Hurst equipped-Meziere pump-JLT II CAI-tune by Brenspeed... Love it!!
------------------------------
92' LX Vert for the son. 2.3 auto Black on White with Red
89' BMW 325iC, black on red on black, stick Beater car
84' Porsche 944 black, stick. motor is apart, stupid car

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindygo
Hi everyone,

I lost one of my remotes to my 05 and am wondering if anyone has any experience with buying a remote from a website, including instructions, and programmed one themselves......They're about 29.00 from this website I found and I haven't called the dealer yet, but I think they're big bucks to get one there and have them program it....

Anyone have any info?

Cindy
Hey,
I bought the exact OEM remote cheap on ebay. Very easy to program. I velcroed it in my glove box for a spare/trunk opener.

2005 GT coupe
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
Apprentice

Hey!

Dont buy that remote. I can send you one for free. Give me your address and I mail it to you.

Carlos
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
S197 Member

On the subject of remotes - anybody ever seen one you could program for several different cars? I have my two Stangs and an 02 Mercury Mountaineer all with the same type of remote. It's a pain having three sets of keys.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM
Hey!

Dont buy that remote. I can send you one for free. Give me your address and I mail it to you.

Carlos
If you dont want it free then I sell it to you for $20.00.:laughlitt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page