Insurance on the rise - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominator
Boys, you ain't got no sense at all if you have less that a $500 deductible. That difference will pay for itself in no time!
I hear what your saying but sure as [email protected]#t as soon as I change the deductibles I'll have an accident.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
I hear what your saying but sure as [email protected]#t as soon as I change the deductibles I'll have an accident.
Some banks\credit unions (like mine) don't allow for a deductible that high on a new vehicle.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
S197 Member

Mine are really low - 100/300. I've been with them for 16 years. What they have done over the years is instead of lowering the rates for good driving, the rates stay the same but the deductible level changed. The only thing I have used it for was when I was commuting 57 miles one way in a POS but new Cavalier. I went through windshields on that thing like gas in the Mustang. I put 5 windshields in the car in four years. $100 a pop wasn't bad.

I just picked up my satin silver 06 GT last night after trading in my 05 legend lime v-6. My insurance jumped from 280.00 every six months to 413.00 every six months I received a (20) insurance code, high performance vehicle. I am 50 years old and although the premium is lower than some and higher than others the feeling I get behind the wheel of the GT is worth every penny!!
Hook
Rookie

I have an '06 GT, and pay $865 per year, and I have Erie Insurance.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to hawgman Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
I would guess his age.
Don't think age has anything to do with it. Not like I have passed a demographic milestone in the last six months.

2005 GT Premium,torch red, all available factory options.
Performance mods: Lets just say it's not stock.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

This IntelliTXT stuff sucks.
Apprentice
S197 Member

I guess nobody lives in Jersey cause I got my quote of $1200.00 every 6 months. I have no accidents, tickets nothing, I'm 31 and married. Jersey sucks. If anyone lives in Jersey and pays less, let me know what insurance company they are using.

American Muscle- 2006 Legend Lime Metallic V8 GT Coupe, Shaker 500 Stereo System, Tint, Borla Exhaust, Diablosport Predator Tuner, K & N Cold Air Intake, 12" Racing Stripes, Roush Quarter Window Louvers, Roush Pedals, Hurst Short Shifter, Sequential Tail Lights, Trip Tunes, And there is more to come......

$860/yr. Geico - 300/300, deductibles: collision -$1000, comprehensive- $500 w/full glass. No tickets/accidents, 40 y/o, married in Long Island, NY for a
2006 GT, less than 7,500 mi/yr.
S197 Member

altho so many variables with insurances.. I pay 860/6mo's combined for both my 05 gt and 00 Ranger, full coverage, 28 years old. no tickets since 00 when i was speed'n in my pickup like crazy and even had to take defensive driving cause of that wack point system lol. seems i pick my spots better with the stang! but i live in indiana where law requires you own a pickup jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominator
Boys, you ain't got no sense at all if you have less that a $500 deductible. That difference will pay for itself in no time!
Not true at all. I just got my insurance through state farm. The difference between $500/500 decutibles and $100/500, was a whopping $32 for 6 months. So that would be 5 years to pay for itself.

So, to answer the first persons question, I am paying $594.81 for 6 months through state farm. This is a small increase but I did notice that the rating group for my car is now a 22, when I beleive it used to be a 19 or 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66stang351
The problem is to many idiots causing accidents while driving a mustang.
Couldn't agree more. There are other threads posted here with people boasting how they routinely take their car to the maximum possible speed. Sounds pretty stupid to me. We all know that the Mustangs have a lot of power and are capable of high speeds. Doesn't sound to me that these people are doing these power demonstrations on race tracks or other controlled places. Driving as they are not only endangers themselves - but also any other unfortunate person who may happen to cross their path. If they wreck at those speeds they stand little chance of surviving, and hopefully they won't kill any additional innocent bystanders. If I were an insurance rate adjuster, and I read what some people brag about doing, I'd be raising Mustang insurance rates too. We all end up paying for each other's behaviors. That's my opinion. I expect it won't be the most popular opinion with everyone here.
Rookie
S197 Member

Well that helps explain what happened to me. About a year ago, I test-drove an '05 GT but figured my insurance costs would skyrocket if I traded my '01 Focus for it. Came home and called my insurance company (Progressive) and they told me my premiums would go up only $20/month.

Last week, I finally got my Stang, and when I swapped the Focus for the Mustang, my premiums went up almost $50/month. I wasn't impressed, since I'd been assuming a $20/month increase. Now, the extra $30/month isn't that big a deal, I just don't like being lied to. Sounds like Mustang owners everywhere got the shaft, though.

So, I guess, thanks for making me feel better

2006 GT Coupe Premium, Manual, Tungsten Grey, IUP, Active Anti-Theft, Wheel Locks
Mods: Sequential Taillights, 8" Shorty Antenna, FORD on hood, Hurst shifter with t-handle, Steeda UDP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page