My 05 GT is wrecked !!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

I doubt my insurance company is going to total the car.

We'll see but if it requires frame readjustment, I gunna want a new car. A bent frame is not something you want repaired.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

OMG! Your car is my car's twin sister. I don't feel too well after seeing that. Glad you weren't hurt.

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Time to consider a body kit. Since at the very least they're going to redo the front end. Xenon, Rousch, etc. Might as well get something out of it.

2010 Roush Stage 1, Kona Blue
2011 Camaro SS Convertible, Red Jewel

Apprentice
S197 Member

Aw man...I can't even look at those pix. I feel for you LordBritish. I'd be in jail right now if that was me, cause I'd probably have strangled the driver of that Neon.

Hope everything works out for you man.
S197 Member

damn it hurts to look at those pics..
PONY Member
S197 Member

Hope this will ease your anxiety a little. Having worked some with wrecked cars, I would be surprised if your frame is damaged. I know this doesn't ease the pain but the damage really does look minor, all things considered. Glad no one was injured.

I believe the weight for the passenger side is 70lbs.

Colton - 06 GT Redfire
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

I was the only occupent which explains why the passenger side airbag didn't deploy.
PONY Member

Ohhhh OUCH! That's the first pretty Redfire Pony I've seen with 'owwies.'

Hang tough, LB... Get her better SOON!

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
S197 Member

Try to take some comfort in the fact that it wasn't your fault. I hit my right front fender backing out of the garage. I was so made at myself for "totaling destroying" my car I cannot imagine how you feel. Oh, after supposely settling down I got back in the car and floored it down my pea gravel driveway. Took a week to get all the gravel out of the yard.

Hopefully no one has said to you what my wife said "It's only a car." The marriage did survive.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Somebody did say that the owner of the Dodge Neon loved her car as much as I loved my Stang. What a rediculous statement.

You don't buy a Dodge Neon because you love it !!
A Dodge Neon is a bare bones econobox to get from A to B. It's ugly as f*ck.
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Rough times man..Best of luck.

BLACK on BLACK 05 Premium GT
Magnaflow catted X pipe -- Magnaflow catbacks

1967 Hardtop Restomod Project
eyelleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBritish
Somebody did say that the owner of the Dodge Neon loved her car as much as I loved my Stang. What a rediculous statement.

You don't buy a Dodge Neon because you love it !!
A Dodge Neon is a bare bones econobox to get from A to B. It's ugly as f*ck.
Funny... some folk on the various other forums for sports cars say the exact same thing about Mustangs. Before spoutin your mouth, you might want to actually think about what you are saying bro. A guy I used to work with loved the hell out of his neon (personally, I never saw it, but...). We both did pizza delivery (me part time, him full time)... He quit because he was tired of putting so many miles on his neon, while I still deliver in my Mustang. Whose to say who loves which car more? I'd argue my case, to be certain... but honestly, its probably a toss up.

In your case, the damage is ugly, but I would be surprised if the frame is bent (as another said earlier). It looks fixable, if you want to accept that or not is another matter. On the flip side, it could be worse. You could be like the fellah I was reading about today on msnbc that totaled a Ferarri Enzo worth about 1 mil according to the article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11499944/ (yes, I know thats not msrp)... or, you could be like a co-worker of mine who has to take his daughter to seattle because her skull isnt expanding with her brain & they have to do some opperation, or my other buddy who's wife is taking off for some NYC cop...

Really... its just a car. Be happy that nobody got hurt (as I am sure you are). The car can be replaced, and... like the microsoft xbox 360 are slowly being found on dealers lots now. Im sorry, it sucks... but whenever you feel like you are the only one, count all the fingers and toes you have, multiply by 10 and you'll still be way shy of the # of folk who've come before you.

Food for thought. (and if that pisses you off, you'll get over it. If it doesnt, good on yah... welcome to the real world).
nghtrnnr

wow .... what did the brit do to piss you off so much...?so what if the guy loves his stang? who doesnt here? and bro...really now...neons are ugly...he wasnt lyin on that one....as for other guys sayin the stang is ugly....even my die hard camaro buds have to admit the new stang is smokin hot lookin..............uh....wheres that xbox 360 sellin at anyway? i still cant find one
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I agree with :thumbup. As for my 2 cents anyone who loves a Dodge Neon is an idiot. I'm sorry but that's just plain stupid. That's like saying you love your Honda Element.

2010 Roush Stage 1, Kona Blue
2011 Camaro SS Convertible, Red Jewel
S197 Member

My two cents on the injury comments. I think it is a given that everyone's first concern in an accident is personal injury. Since there was none in this case I tried to lighten things a little with my post - which is a true story. So, I don't think anybody who posts about, this is hard to write, their Mustang being in a wreck and nobody was hurt, needs to be lectured or told "be thankful that what happened to so, so didn't happen to you".

My 05 is the neatest car I have every owned. It takes me back to my Muscale Car Era teenage years. When I hit the fender backing out of the garage it took me a month to get over it. If it had been the Camry - Big
you know what Deal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page