"Bling" opinions....too much? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

"Bling" opinions....too much?

So I got my taxes back, received a bonus at work AND a raise - all within the last couple of months. I'm wanting to spend a bit of it on the Mustang (some of which I've already bought, but not all....)
  • Front: CDC hood pin appearance kit. Grill insert (http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/images/06pnyfrontsm.jpg).
  • Engine: Billet chrome oil cap with embossed 'GT'. Stainless steel plenum cover. Billet chrome radiator cap. MRT hood struts.
  • Rear: Window-louver. Sequential lights. Stainless steel tail light bezels. Trunk lid mat with embossed 'GT'.
  • Interior: Chrome heater controls. Chrome outlet plug with embossed running horse. Pony logo floor mats.
  • Sides: Pony emblem fender badges (replaced GT emblems) and Pony center caps.
Some thoughts, here? I want it to stand out and be 'individual', but not go too far over the top, ya know? She's black with silver stripes and the IUP, so I like the thought of carrying everything over in black or chrome, but after a while, the chrome gets a little too 'bling', so I'm a little worried that I'm carrying it too far.

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Sounds like you're being reasonable. Check out this website instead of UPR. http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_2005-present.shtml Instead of "slipcovers" for the oil and radiator caps they have the real deal. I like their climate control knobs better than UPR but unfortunately I've already got the UPR ones. The cupholder bezel and e-brake handle I got from them is real nice and I'm ordering the oil and coolant caps today.

2010 Roush Stage 1, Kona Blue
2011 Camaro SS Convertible, Red Jewel
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodj
Sounds like you're being reasonable. Check out this website instead of UPR. http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_2005-present.shtml Instead of "slipcovers" for the oil and radiator caps they have the real deal. I like their climate control knobs better than UPR but unfortunately I've already got the UPR ones. The cupholder bezel and e-brake handle I got from them is real nice and I'm ordering the oil and coolant caps today.
Actually, that's who I've been buying from. I ordered the oil cap and the outlet plug - great quality! How's the cupholder look? I kinda liked the look of it and how it breaks the 2 slots up, but wasn't sure....

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

All those mods sound great, but man....don't call 'em "bling". Makes me cringe.

Last edited by Pagan; 03-02-2006 at 10:51 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006
S197 Member

Sounds good but a word of warning. I have the hood pins. If you use the strap/lanyard that comes with the pins it will scratch all the plating off the pin shaft. Also - if you use them attach the other side to the underside of the hood so you don't have to "pull the pin" to open the hood. Once installed you can't tell them from the real thing.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgrl99
Actually, that's who I've been buying from. I ordered the oil cap and the outlet plug - great quality! How's the cupholder look? I kinda liked the look of it and how it breaks the 2 slots up, but wasn't sure....
I like the bezel alot. It's pretty substantial, goes on easy, and fits well. Cuts down on the diameter of the cupholders though. Only drawback. The e-brake cover is also real nice. I talked to MGW this morning while ordering the oil and radiator caps. They don't have immediate plans to do the windshield washer fluid, brake fluid, or power steering caps but they may look into it.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member

One other thing. Look at GGBailey when ordering your floor mats. Don't be put off by those ricer mats you see when going to their website. Design your own. I have "Mustang GT" on the ones for the stang and I had another set made for my 05 Ranger STX that say "STX". Nice quality.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodj
I like the bezel alot. It's pretty substantial, goes on easy, and fits well. Cuts down on the diameter of the cupholders though. Only drawback. The e-brake cover is also real nice. I talked to MGW this morning while ordering the oil and radiator caps. They don't have immediate plans to do the windshield washer fluid, brake fluid, or power steering caps but they may look into it.
I also just installed the cupholder bezel, and it looks great, and I don't really care for bling. But I did want it to be easily removable, so I used velcro strips instead of the double faced tape that comes with the kit. And as you pointed out, the diameter of the front most cupholder is really too small to hold a MacDonald's coffee, but the back cupholder is fine, and all I need is one. The quality of these parts is excellent. I've got the power-point cover, radio knob, e-barke handle, and the cupholder bezel, and I'll probably get the shift knob too. They all look really nice together, and compliment the IUP.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006
S197 Member

great stuff.. gonna order a few of those tonight.

I currently have Steeda power plug bullit, AC knobs, door pins, and seat handles..and have been real happy with them. I hope they dont clash with the shiner chrome! lol
Also have the Steeda antenna (blah) and the piece that covers the inside door handle where the window/lock buttons are but they were both so ugly i threw them back in the box..so if you were considering those, DONT
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Count me among the pro-bling crowd...as in, you can NEVER have too much chrome, inside or out. I mean, take a look at this sweetie from Brad Barnett's site, a '67...about every line on the car, including bumpers, has the chrome theme. I know others differ, but to Ford Girl I say You Go Sister, mod it up 'til it hurts your eyes with the shine.

Oh, and MGW is the poo...yes yes...gotta get the cupholder next.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...ctorGrille.jpg

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Okay, okay! Ya'll talked me into it....I'm going with everything I have listed, plus some! Hee, hee!

All of you purchasing from MGW (this is also where I have been looking at some stuff)...have any of you installed the door lock pins? I think they'd look good, especially with the satin aluminum finish door handles that come with the IUP.

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgrl99
Okay, okay! Ya'll talked me into it....I'm going with everything I have listed, plus some! Hee, hee!

All of you purchasing from MGW (this is also where I have been looking at some stuff)...have any of you installed the door lock pins? I think they'd look good, especially with the satin aluminum finish door handles that come with the IUP.
I got my door lock pins from UPR but would have gotten them from MGW had they been out first. Received the oil cap and radiator cap from MGW yesterday. Very nice quality.

PONY Member
4.6L Member

Bling costs big bucks. Only advantage is you can do a little at a time. So far this is my total Bling Budget. UPR; Auto Pedal Protectors $60, Bullet Door Pins $9.79, Bullet Valve Stem Covers $17, A/C Knobs $39, Radio Knob $17, Window Switch Plates $55, Auto Shifter Handle Covers $35, MGW; Cupholder Bezel $45, Ebrake Handle $54, Oil Cap $36, Radiator Cap $35, Total Bling $402.79

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page