quality of aftermarket bullitt wheels? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006 Thread Starter

quality of aftermarket bullitt wheels?

I'm thinking about buying some bullitts from mustang tuning. I'm wondering what kind of quality to expect from the chrome or anthrite deep dish wheels. I have a Torch red 06 and I'm having trouble deciding which finish to go with for this color and long term looks are a factor to consider.

Anyone have any comments to share?

Tickle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

There are a few building sites that can help choose wheels and body mods.
http://www.ponybuilder.com/home.html

My preference would be a polished or chrome finish against a red car.But there are many painted wheels also,you have a lot of choices...Good hunting!

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006

one thing i would want to know b4 buying after market wheels is if they are "dot" approved,i could see some real liabilty problem if the wheel failed
brianj "tncruiser"
06 redfire w/pony pkg

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006
S197 Member

My anthrecite FR500's are great! got them from mustang tuning no problems at all.:kooky:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Car.jpg
Views:	1467
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	14699  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006

I bought a set of 18" chrome bullitts from mustangtuning. Biggest mistake I ever made. They forgot to send the spacers required for the front. They sent 2 different sets of center caps. Then, to top it all off, 2 of the rims weren't perfectly round. One rim took 6.5 oz. of weight to balance. They agreed to replace them and were very friendly with me about their screw up but then it took and extra 3 weeks to recieve the replacement. Of course it cost me an extra $50 to have the tires remounted and balanced. Then to add insult to injury, they sent a second replacement by mistake so I had to ship 4 rims back instead of 2. They did throw in some free mustang center caps to make up for my added costs but in the end, they ended up wasting at least 4 hours of my time.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I really hate griping about a vendor but I will gripe about Mustang Tuning. I bought the 18 X 9 front and 18 X 10 rear deep dish chrome bullets. They delivered them around 4 weeks late without the front spacers. By the time I got the wheels I just wanted them on the car so I didn't call them on the spacers. So that cost me an extra $14. I like the quality of the wheels but they're customer relations needs a lot of work.

2010 Roush Stage 1, Kona Blue
2011 Camaro SS Convertible, Red Jewel
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006
S197 Member

man, that sucks, they were perfect to me lol, i didnt require spacers, and they shipped next day! lol i got them in like 4 days.:thumbsup
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006
Rookie
S197 Member

I also have the deep dish bullits from mustang tuning. They forgot to ship me the front spacers as well but I called them and they arrived at my door the next day. The wheels themselves are very high quality and overall I'm very pleased with the service I received from them.

Black 05 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
5sp Manual / MGW Shifter
Saleen Stage 3 from Brenspeed
Eibach Pro-Kit, Tokico D-Specs
Roush Window Louvers, GT500 Spoiler, Chrome DD Bullitts w/ BFG KDW NT's, Flowmaster AB
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006 Thread Starter

I did get them...

I have to say I went ahead a bought a set of chrome ones, caught them on sale for $150 ea front and $170 rear. They forgot my spacvers too but I did get them in about 4 days and the quality seems to be on par with much more expensive rims. (They sent me 4 spacers the next week) I see they are made in china though so I guess that is why they are so inexpensive. I sure have gotten alot of compliment on them though. Even my 59 year old mom told me she thought I was crazy when I said I was going to put new wheels and tires on a new car that was only 2 month old. When she saw them on the car she said "now I see why you wanted them so bad, they look great"

I would do it again.....

Tickle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page