Friends dont let friends drive chargers - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Friends dont let friends drive chargers

So I had to go to St Louis last week, and I rented a R/T Hemi Charger just to see how she might be. One word a comfortable DOG. When i got inside I thought I was driving a SUV, there is no way once inside one of these cars you can call it a performance or muscle car, it is a luxury car. The driving was smooth like a caddy of old.The power was not there, and I understand that maybe they were held back by some computer program for rental agency stuff, but either was a first class dog. I dont see how these things could even come close to pulling on us even if we were stock.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

I think most people who are buying Chargers are getting them for reasons other than to use as a muscle car, even though that's how Dodge markets them. It's a shame because it's probably not a bad car, it's just not a muscle car. I think Dodge messed up when it put the Charger name on that car, they would've been better off using a new name like they did with the Magnum. Pontiac also should've named the new GTO something else. People have alot of expectations when you bring back names like that, and even if it's not a bad car alot of people won't buy it because that's not what they expect a GTO to look like.

- JIM

2006 PREMIUM GT COUPE VISTA BLUE
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFreak
I think most people who are buying Chargers are getting them for reasons other than to use as a muscle car, even though that's how Dodge markets them. It's a shame because it's probably not a bad car, it's just not a muscle car. I think Dodge messed up when it put the Charger name on that car, they would've been better off using a new name like they did with the Magnum. Pontiac also should've named the new GTO something else. People have alot of expectations when you bring back names like that, and even if it's not a bad car alot of people won't buy it because that's not what they expect a GTO to look like.

Well, at least the GTO has performance to back it up, but yeah, it sure is UGLY. I drove a 2005 GTO, and it was a really good performer, and that LS2 pulls strong! Yeah, the Charger doesnt feel like a muscle car or anything like that ,its more a touring car

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to teal9550
its very funny everyone bags on the dodge/chrysler lx platforms having a 06 magnum r/t and a 05 mustang gt I can tell you first hand the dodge is no slouch these are fast cars in the 1/4 mine is only .40 slower than my stang and both cars were bone stock.The mustang is a great car but it really only holds 2 people the magnum holds 5 and a bunch of kids stuff so it really acts like a fast SUV and get alot of attention. Bottom line they are both great cars
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006
S197 Member

I like the Magnum - especially in that beautiful metallic Black. 300s are too PIMP and Chargers are too plain.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Recently I was traveling and rented a Charger, I grant all the rental company had were V6 Charges, but my impression is that it is a nice car, very comfortable and roomy, but does not feel like a performance car. Also the V6 in my opinion was considerably under power for such a big heavy car, must have the Hemi V8. I agree Magnum looks sharp, and the 300 to pimp, but I like the clean looks of the Charger. I further agree, the Charger should have had a different name. Very nice car, just in my opinion, my Stang is so much more fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page