New Commercial Highlights Major Mustang Flaw - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

New Commercial Highlights Major Mustang Flaw

There is a new commercial for the Mustang I saw this week. It shows a red S197 Mustang doing donuts and powerslides in what appears to be a dark, old airplane hangar or a large warehouse with a wet floor.

If you see it or have a DVR check out a very short take, maybe a second or less in length, near the end of the commercial (scroll to the :19 second mark). It shows the Mustang from a full side view doing a powerslide or burnout of some kind. The rear wheels are hopping up and down like like a bunny on 'roids. Same thing at the beginning of the commercial when they HIGHLIGHT the real wheels during a burnout. Duh! HOP HOP HOP!

You'd think they would have put on some aftermarket lower control arms at least before shooting a commercial on a wet concrete floor. It looks real bad, especially to those of us who have experienced the wheel hop than is one of the few major flaws in the S197 Mustang.

Here is a clip, it is difficult to see because this is so small. The take is about a second before the announcer says, "Ford Mustang". On full screen TV it is obvious..

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
There is a new commercial for the Mustang I saw this week. It shows a red S197 Mustang doing donuts and powerslides in what appears to be a dark, old airplane hangar or a large warehouse with a wet floor.

If you see it or have a DVR check out a very short take, maybe a second or less in length, near the end of the commercial. It shows the Mustang from a full side view doing a powerslide or burnout of some kind. The rear wheels are hopping up and down like like a bunny on 'roids.

You'd think they would have put on some aftermarket LCAs before shooting a commercial. It looks real bad, especially to those of us who have experienced the wheel hop than is one of the few major flaws in the S197 Mustang.
i agree with you... could have done something but.... LOL!

I'm guessing the general population will not notice the wheel hop and most of the population would rather have the nice mushy ride the stock LCA give... LOL

John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - BBK Shorties - MRT Axle Back - FRPP 3.55
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006
S197 Member

Nothing you can't see on more than a couple clips from Bullitt. :P

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to hawgman Send a message via Yahoo to hawgman
The commercial has been out for a couple of months. Seems like I saw it for the first time during the NFL playoffs. If you watch, it shows the wheel hop more than once. At least three different scenes.

2005 GT Premium,torch red, all available factory options.
Performance mods: Lets just say it's not stock.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

This IntelliTXT stuff sucks.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006

I noticed that right away too!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006
S197 Member

to me it looks kind of dorky spinning out on wet surface, any car can do that. but if they did it on a dry surface the wheel hop would have been way more noticable... a bit of water prolly cheaper than some aftermarket parts
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006
4.6L Member

You mean wheel hop is not something cool to look at? I thought it looked really nice in Bullit. Then again the Mustang Gt is not really a 100% race car.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
It was noticeable from the very beginning of the commercial.
I had not seen that before.

Overall, I think the commercial is great how it starts with the horse, then begins to change into road, then into classic car...
Very neat.

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Hey, atleast they are being honest and showing what the car will really do.

I noticed it to the first time I saw the comercial, and everytime I see it, it just sticks out like a Biog Red Flag in the middle of a field.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
PONY Member
S197 Member

That is funny.. .... I noticed the exact same thing. I thought to myself. I haven't had any wheel hop, wonder what everyone is talking about. Then I saw this commercial and it is plain as day, noticed it right away. I guess they figure the general public won't notice, but you know the car guys will.:thumbsup

Again I haven't experienced it. I think the higher rate rear shocks, stiffer spings, and beefed up roll bar help me in that department. I have had them on the car sense day 2.

You can see the project at Grassroots Motorsports
PONY Member
S197 Member

Axle Hop..........just like my 83 GT....yep its a mustang alright . Didnt they fix that with the quadra shock system??........why did they let go??Seems lika cheap fix to me.

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,
S197 Member

Cheeesey

I prefer a nice white smokin burnout. Until you cant see anymore and the rubber smells so bad you think there on fire.
Good pick up though. That is a cheesy commercial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsensez9
to me it looks kind of dorky spinning out on wet surface, any car can do that. but if they did it on a dry surface the wheel hop would have been way more noticable... a bit of water prolly cheaper than some aftermarket parts
What is this word "prolly" that keeps showing up in this forum? I see it all the time. "Prolly?" Somebody explain this word to me please.(or maybe start using "probably")
S197 Member

prolly means probably.. but i'm just guessing, prolly so
S197 Member

Commercials are not geared for us, or for people like us. We are already hooked. The Mustang is what supplies excitement, and it does it well. We notice everything because of our nature. We gaze under the hood, we get on our knees and look under the car to imagine the first oil change. We are not normal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page