Reverse Cowl Hood - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nbk13nw
Reverse Cowl Hood

This is the first tiome I have seen one so pardon if this is olds news. I found this on the PFYC site. I do wish that there were some additional views of this hood installed.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reverse Cowl Hood.jpg
Views:	1132
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	15179  

2005 GT, Flowmaster, SCT, JLT CAI, Eibach, Baer, FRPP Struts / Dampers, FRPP Deletes, FRPP 4.10's, TA Girdle, BBK UDP's, J&M Upper Link/Lower Control Arms, FRPP GT 500 Front Control Arms, Hurst short throw, Foose / BFG FDW's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006

Cool hood.... I am new to this site, I very much love the new Mustang design...

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Fryguy_pa
Interesting... I think that I would need to see a wholistic picture of the car. Also would need to know if it is function as well.

- Fryguy

- 05 Satin Silver GT, Lt Graphite, 5 Speed, Shaker 500, Sequntial Taillights, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Shorty Antenna, Satin Mustang Sill Plates, Midwest Plenum Cover, UPR Billet Pedal Covers, IUP Steering Wheel, IUP Gauge Cluster w/MyColor, Signal Tints, FRPP Exhaust, JLT CAI Kit, SCT 2 Tuner . Trunk Lid Mat w/Edgelight fiber, MRT Side Louvers - (The following to be installed) Steeda Dead Pedal, Baltimore Street Mods Racing Stripes, Redline Goods Leather Kit

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Looking at this picture it does allow air in, although it is not "forced" in... It can releive the pressure build up that so many are seeing.

http://www.pfyc.com/supportfiles/fm1002_1.jpg

2005 GT, Flowmaster, SCT, JLT CAI, Eibach, Baer, FRPP Struts / Dampers, FRPP Deletes, FRPP 4.10's, TA Girdle, BBK UDP's, J&M Upper Link/Lower Control Arms, FRPP GT 500 Front Control Arms, Hurst short throw, Foose / BFG FDW's
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Forgot the picture....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reverse Cowl Hood Underside.jpg
Views:	1320
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	15184  

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Fryguy_pa
Too bad the air-box is not in that location, would need some ducting to make it work.

thanks for the additional pics....

- Fryguy

- 05 Satin Silver GT, Lt Graphite, 5 Speed, Shaker 500, Sequntial Taillights, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Shorty Antenna, Satin Mustang Sill Plates, Midwest Plenum Cover, UPR Billet Pedal Covers, IUP Steering Wheel, IUP Gauge Cluster w/MyColor, Signal Tints, FRPP Exhaust, JLT CAI Kit, SCT 2 Tuner . Trunk Lid Mat w/Edgelight fiber, MRT Side Louvers - (The following to be installed) Steeda Dead Pedal, Baltimore Street Mods Racing Stripes, Redline Goods Leather Kit
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006

Other than looks , the only advantage I can see with this hood would be ventilation for heat or pressure like nbk13nw said to escape from under the hood, there wouldn't be any scoop, cowl or induction effect.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

My limited understanding of this hood leads me to believe it is more for heat extraction than air induction.
That seems like a good thing.
I think CAI's can find the cold air they need with a stock hood, so an induction scoop isn't absolutely necessary. (although I do want one, lol).
But heat extraction...now there's something every car could use.

C&L CAI...Diablosport Predator performance tune...Flowmaster series 40 mufflers...FRPP 4.10 Gears
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006

Some observations of the stock hood. At 100 MPH the hood shakes. Remove factory grill and installed billet grill and the hood shakes even more.

At hiway speed and with the vent open, ac off, engine heat can be felt coming from registers.

07 GT500 has heat extractors from factory. Said to reduce front end lift at speeds.

Conclusion, excess pressure under hood. Remedy, vent engine compartment. Once the air starts moving, your CAI or stock setup will have all the fresh air it wants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page