Funny Neighbor request - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack
With all this being said, who would you guys let drive your car?

I have only let two people drive my car. First, my brother and I have a standing rule, we get to go for a test drive in any car the other buys, which is kind of cool since we both get new cars every two years (now it is 3 years for him). Last year alone I bought three new cars, so he got to drive them all.

The second person is my wife. At first she did not want to drive my Stang because first it was my toy and she did not want to hurt it, and second because she can not drive a 5-speed manual. However, out of the blue one day, I convinced her to learn. I took her out to a college parking lot and taught her to drive a 5-speed manual. However, that day was the only time she drove it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

not only no, but hell no....

want to drive my stang? not even of you drop 35K in liquid assets in my hand first......"fug get a bout it...."and a neighbor? I mean a close friend...wife maybe and thatís a big maybe...but a neighbor? no way.

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Who would I let drive The Dix?

1) Rachel McAdams
2) Pope Benedict
3) Condoleeza Rice
4) Mike Gansey
5) Sean Hannity
6) Emma Watson

And etc.

Basically, people of integrity. My family. My wife's family. Neighbors? Yeah, why not? As long as they didn't have alcohol on their breath or anything. I'm kind of with JetBlack on this one...share the blessing. Or heal a hurt. Or something.

Here's a story: One Christmas break, in college, I decided to let my youngest brother tag along with my friend and I one night...a cooler of cold ones on back country roads. Park and shoot the ----. Good times. We're in my '79 Turbo Stang. My brother wants to drive the Pony back, at least to the main road. What the heck. He'd driven our family truck some, not yet licensed but what's the harm? So he promptly puts it in the ditch. We walked two miles in about -10 wind chill before we saw a house, and I rang the doorbell for five minutes at about 2 in the morning. (God bless those folks for having the stones to open the door...not sure I would have.) Car had to get winched out the next day. No big deal to me...I didn't even bring it up again. Why would I? What could that help?

Well...what I found out when my brother was out to visit last autumn is that he has been guilty about that since the freakin' day it happened, like 27 years ago. No DOUBT what needed to be done -- toss him the keys and let him captain The Dix. He was super careful, didn't really goose it at all...but who knows how much longer he would have held on to that self-flagellation trip? Let it GO, my brothah, move on...

As much as I love my Dixi (and it's a LOT)...I still think people are more important?

Just one man's opinion...

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zregime
Let it GO, my brothah, move on...

As much as I love my Dixi (and it's a LOT)...I still think people are more important?

Just one man's opinion...
Good opinion, my friend

My advice would be to get to know the guy. Nod him over, when you are out washing the girl and talk, have a beer together. What if the weird look is coming from the conflicted thoughts he has about his old one, that was stolen and totalled or he had to sell to buy the house for his family? I would totally consider letting the mailman drive mine. He had a 67. That's why. He would appreciate it and having driven his and mine, I bet he would show up at my door, in less than a year, with a new one.

I am like a cancer that way. I make it spread Most guys would have a very emotional response to driving this car that doesn't have solid words to describe.

What's it feel like to you? What did it feel like the first time you drove her? Like the first drop on a rollercoaster? Like hooking a big fish, you weren't expecting? Like waking up and looking out the window at just the right moment to see the most perfectly beautiful sunrise in years? Like love? All I can give is analogies and thanks to a benevolent God who let me experience this thing, in my life.

Your car isn't your wife but those feelings will make it seem that way. You would never dream of sharing your wife [wouldn't do that to your worst enemy? :thumbsup ]. But on the list of amazing things you have done for others, letting a neighbor drive your Mustang would have to be near the top

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page