Pony Package Grille Installed! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Pony Package Grille Installed!

And I love it!!

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...0/ppuser/24292

Many thanks to my former husband and awesome friend for doing such an wonderful job! (I know you'll be peeking here... )

Until yesterday, the only '06 Mustangs I'd seen in town were on my dealership's lot. Driving home after the install, I stopped at a red light and saw a white Mustang in the next lane - a couple of cars ahead of me. The driver was looking in her outside mirror and grinning at my little Pony, so I waved at her and grinned back. Eventually pulled beside and saw her fender emblems and knew hers was an '06. At the next light, we talked through our windows about how much we love our Ponies and I told her that mine was actually 'different' - an '05 - but I just HAD to have that front end! She laughed, said "COOL!" and wished me lots of fun and I did the same... and off we drove.

The camaraderie surrounding the S197s is really something great. :thumbsup

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006
S197 Member

Looks great! A couple of questions about the kit if you don't mind.

1. Did it include instructions and were the instructions easy to follow?

2. Did the wiring require any splicing or was it pretty much just plug in?

Thanks

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwwest
Looks great! A couple of questions about the kit if you don't mind.

1. Did it include instructions and were the instructions easy to follow?

2. Did the wiring require any splicing or was it pretty much just plug in?

Thanks
Thanks!

It included the actual Ford instructions. They were pretty much all "drawn," so they weren't always particularly clear. Just have to take your time.

The instructions showed splicing involved in a section of existing wiring on the left/passenger side of the engine compartment, but when we tried to find the specified "White/Yellow" it didn't exist. *LOL* We went ahead with the rest of the installation and then came back to that part. While my ex was using a meter on the wires, he had me turn the lights on for the heck of it - and they just worked! There was no splicing necessary even though it was in the instructions!

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006

My instructions came via DVD, but I dont remember a "white/yellow". I seem to remember a "brown/white" splice. EIther way, I love mine and yours looks good as well.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new stang owner
My instructions came via DVD, but I dont remember a "white/yellow". I seem to remember a "brown/white" splice. EIther way, I love mine and yours looks good as well.
Did you actually have to make the splice? I don't recall seeing a brown/white wire either!

Glad you're enjoying yours, too! Comparing the two photos in my gallery, I can't believe what a huge difference it makes. She looked so 'naked' before.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page