chrome exhaust tip question? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to btorlv
chrome exhaust tip question?

got my 06 gt/vert . Where can I find tips that dont show the bolt or welds from the out side of the car? Or if I go to axel backs wich ones wont dron @ 65/70 or be to louad in the car? deep and rich is what I would like. the stock ones dont sound bad at all.

06/gt/vert red on red gms intake 18polish rims flow axel backs mirror inserts shorty ant. gt mats pedal covers tower brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btorlv
got my 06 gt/vert . Where can I find tips that dont show the bolt or welds from the out side of the car? Or if I go to axel backs wich ones wont dron @ 65/70 or be to louad in the car? deep and rich is what I would like. the stock ones dont sound bad at all.
I know Corsa would match those cuz it has no drone and isnt louder than stock other than at WOT. Plus they have 4" tips. BUT, I don't really like the sound, kinda raspy, and not as deep as some of the others. The other ones I was considering was Borla, and Bassani. Bassani is a little cheaper so I'm going with them. Both are pretty much as deep as you can go with just axle-backs.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006
Snackmaster

I'll put my vote in again for the MAC Axlebacks. 4 inch chrome rolled tips with an angle cut. It fills up the cutouts nicely as well. I got mine at www.brenspeed.com for $332 with free shipping. There is a slight drone around the 2k mark but it's not bad at all.

Just my .02

Snack.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackmaster
I'll put my vote in again for the MAC Axlebacks. 4 inch chrome rolled tips with an angle cut. It fills up the cutouts nicely as well. I got mine at www.brenspeed.com for $332 with free shipping. There is a slight drone around the 2k mark but it's not bad at all.

Just my .02

Snack.
Only slight drone? I was looking into them too, until KJ, and some other guys practically said it made their ears bleed from the drone.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2006
Snackmaster

Seriously, mine's not bad at all. Where there is drone you can just speed up a tad and it's completely gone. If i'm around two grand on the tach say around 65 or so I notice it but say 67 to 70 it's completely gone. I can see how it would be a tad annoying if you were somehow stuck at the speed or rpm range but literally going one or two mph faster or slower and it's completely gone.

It's a daily driver and I have no fears or bleeding ears :thumbsup

Snack
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

What you just described is the borla catback, you cant find any welding unless you put your head under the car, the chrome tips are bigger than factory, shinier (chrome) and sound thrilling, it is the true mustang sound IMO. drone does NOT exist, although around 2 rpm the sound gets thicker, but I don't think you can call that drone. I was actually scared about the drone thing, but I am so happy about it, I got it yesterday, it was expensive, and I love it, wouldn't trade them for the world. good luck

2005 Mustang GT Coupe RedFire Premium.
Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System.(True Muscle Sound IMO)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006

Quote:
I just can't afford to re-do my exhaust right now so I went with the Pypes Exhaust 4" ss tips. They cost me $40 plus another $40 to have my local place put them on. I get lots of compliments:thumbsup on the look. Their website is www.pypesexhaust.com .
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I have JBA axle backs and love them. Big, 3", rolled, polished tips and they sound awesome *outside* the car. No drone at all, at any RPM. Everyone says they sound killer when I drive by but I never hear a thing, inside, except a pleasant rumble.

http://www.throttlehorseracing.com/v...%20exhaust.wmv
Here's the video GXSILVER made of his. My car is exactly the same, performance-wise. No mods to anything that would make it sound different, except the mufflers.

People comment on the nice, rumbly sound.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

I have the magnaflow dual wall slash cut tips welded on my stock mufflers. I can't see the weld or anything unless I crawl under the car

heres a photo

http://www.nextgenmusclecars.com/gal...10002&pos=-232

Ordered 2/8/05 ->Build Week 3/7/05 ->Convoy 3/12/05 ->Delivered 3/22
2005 Sonic Blue GT Premium
K&N Aircharger, XCal2 with Bamachips tune
Metallic Pewter 10" Shelby Stripes 2" Space
Webelectric Sequential taillights
PONY Member
S197 Member

I picked up these tips, for a reasonable price.
As far as seeing the clamps, I guess if you're laying in the gutter they would be noticable.
I have my clamps rotated to the top, can't see them at all.

http://mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/exh%20tips.php

C&L CAI...Diablosport Predator performance tune...Flowmaster series 40 mufflers...FRPP 4.10 Gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page