new SRT-4 in C&D - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Man, i dont care how fast the new caliber is, its freakin' ugly! looks like a Durango and a Magnum had a baby! Why would dodge do such a thing, i guess its practical, but if i was looking for a 5 door hatch, i would get the mazda!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to speedytang
The Cobra needed a blower to get to 390hp so I will think before commenting on a 4cyl needing a blower to perform. lol. My Son with Drag Radials turns 12.06 @ 129 mph with a 1.84 60ft. The last dyno pull put it around 410 whp @ 385 ftlbs of torque that was at 21psi and he runs a constant 27psi now with a much larger intercooler. The funny thing is no matter what you drive someone is faster. At Nopi he finished 5th and guys on stock block and small mods like a Larger Turbo and Meth Injection turned mid 10's with 1.80 60 ft. The new Caliber SRT-4 has a stronger head and block so it is not the same as the Neon SRT-4 and have held 600whp with ease in testing. I have not seen a SRT4 in person yet and not to thrilled with the Caliber body style but a family car that can run mid 13's is probably a first no matter the engine size.

Twin Turbo Intercooled(TTi)
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedytang
The Cobra needed a blower to get to 390hp so I will think before commenting on a 4cyl needing a blower to perform. lol. My Son with Drag Radials turns 12.06 @ 129 mph with a 1.84 60ft. The last dyno pull put it around 410 whp @ 385 ftlbs of torque that was at 21psi and he runs a constant 27psi now with a much larger intercooler. The funny thing is no matter what you drive someone is faster. At Nopi he finished 5th and guys on stock block and small mods like a Larger Turbo and Meth Injection turned mid 10's with 1.80 60 ft. The new Caliber SRT-4 has a stronger head and block so it is not the same as the Neon SRT-4 and have held 600whp with ease in testing. I have not seen a SRT4 in person yet and not to thrilled with the Caliber body style but a family car that can run mid 13's is probably a first no matter the engine size.
That seems to confirm what I have been seeing at the track. The MPH is impressive, but because of the 60', the ET is not as quick as one would think. Still 129 mph in the quarter is very impressive, especially with only a 1.84 60'. I am used to seeing cars in the 10.60's running 129 mph with a 1.48-1.53 60' times. So at 21 psi he was at 410, so at 27 he has got to be easily over 450....the mph would certainly suggest that.

Paul

2006 Mustang GT
572 cid BBF 924 hp / 781 tq
9.168 @ 149.65 mph @ 3420 lbs, all motor
8.715 @ 156.19 mph 200 shot

JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Do a search on Here, Corral, Stangnet and you can find 20 threads or more on issues with the car ranging from suspension noise to transmission to engine issues. and lets not forget the interior. I will keep my pushrod 5.0 that has 147k miles under hard conditions making 500 rwhp and never a major problem since purchased in '89.
Yeah, we all know that Fox bodies NEVER had problems................:thumbsup

Oh, and Dodge builds reliable, high build quality cars........:thumbsup :thumbsup

:kooky:

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
S197 Member

wow, that's ugly, just took a look on the dodge website...ugh
S197 Member

I agree that its ugly (very UGLY) but I have to admit that the numbers are impressive.
S197 Member

An Ugly Fast car, what a deal! Just like the GTO
S197 Member

Isn't the neon SRT-4's block iron while the caliber based SRT's is 100% alluminum? How does that effect the max safe boost?

At what point does the stock turbo on the caliber begin it's deminishing returns, 20psi?
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

*BAAAARRRRFFFFFF**

Sorry, I just threw up after looking at the website.....

300hp, 260lb ft of torque....

Why am I not impressed??? Especially with the way cool styling....

*eeerrrrpp*

Sorry, just threw up a little in my mouth again......

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
S197 Member

I saw a caliber the road and it has aftermarket wheels and its freaking ugly! i guess its one of those cars like the Aztec or Matrix that is pretty practical but isnt the best looking thing out there. I wouldnt even consider it!
Rookie

i thought you guys were exagerating but wow just had a look and boy is that one ugly car!!!

06 GT
mac axleback, saleen short throw
after next depoyment KB s/c to follow!!
69 coupe w/302 410hp + 125 shot

LIFES TO SHORT TO PLAY BY THE RULES
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
The only part that has failed 3 times is the alternator front bearings but he has a lifetime unit on it and takes about 20 minutes to swap out.
That must be a Dodge thing. A lifetime unit that gets swapped out three times?

The warranty's good till the product fails.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Do a search on Here, Corral, Stangnet and you can find 20 threads or more on issues with the car ranging from suspension noise to transmission to engine issues. and lets not forget the interior. I will keep my pushrod 5.0 that has 147k miles under hard conditions making 500 rwhp and never a major problem since purchased in '89.
suspension and tranny "noise" generally comes from people swapping in their Lexi and Acuras.

The 4.0L is the only one with major problems . . . the GT is fine as far as JD power and Consumer reports. . ;.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page