07 GT500 News from my Club meeting - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speco2005
What I meant by a glut was on Friendlys lot they have always had at least 10 GTs and maybe 3-4 Roush cars. Does not seem like it was ever hard for us to get a GT here.
They had my car stashed on a side lot where there were even more Mustangs...at least 20.

Looks like that's were you founbd yours as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Very easy to find a GT here in Vegas, but it was hard to fine a Manual in the color that I wanted.

PONY Member
S197 Member

Alrite, this may be a long post, but here it goes. For everyone that says its is hard to get a GT500 I agree, you have to look very hard. For those who say its impossible because all of them have been accounted for, I believe is a lie. Here in Glendale, California, at Star Ford, there were two GT500's, one coupe and one convertible. The MSRP was 45,000 but the dealer was asking for 75,000. Unfortunately the other day they sold the convertible, but the coupe is still sitting there with no one to purchase her. I wish I could,but at 30,000 over MSRP, I just cant afford it. Hope she gets in the right hands.

2005 Screaming Yellow V6 Mustang - 5 Speed Manual, In Dash DVD/Navigation, Eibach Pro Kit, 10" Black Stripes with 1/2" Pinstripes, 10" Sub Woofer with Sony Amplifier, 20" Foose DF-5 Rims with paint matched center pieces.

2009 Shelby GT500 - White w/ Red Stripes - Stock (For Now)

2008 Shelby GT500KR 40th Anniversary Edition - Stock (For Now)

SMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyHorse
For everyone that says its is hard to get a GT500 I agree, you have to look very hard. For those who say its impossible because all of them have been accounted for, I believe is a lie. Here in Glendale, California, at Star Ford, there were two GT500's, one coupe and one convertible. The MSRP was 45,000 but the dealer was asking for 75,000. Unfortunately the other day they sold the convertible, but the coupe is still sitting there with no one to purchase her. I wish I could,but at 30,000 over MSRP, I just cant afford it. Hope she gets in the right hands.
I guess a lot of it depends on where you live. Almost all of the dealers in my area have a GT500 sitting in the showroom. All of them have the same $20k markup.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirelessscottie
but, it will have huge market appeal 10 years from now.
and the Saleen wont??? there will be fewer supercharged s197 saleens running around after the s197 chasis is retired than there will be gt500s. (at 8,000+ units per year). i dont know what saleens production #s are, but i know they are no where near that. i dont think the market appeal in 10 years will be much more than the previous SVT cobras are now. for one thing, with the body change coming up in 09, how do we know that ford is not planning on a redesigned GT500 a year or 2 after '09? then there maybe a NEW gt500 or Cobra may be brought back. i dunno, but i really dont think the 07+ Gt500 will hold anywhere near the market value of the 60's GT500's. if i had that kind of money i would have spent another 20k and got one of those. (i see them from time to time for 70 to 80k) youll never get more than what you paid for your gt500. new cars dont work that way.

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page