07 GT500 News from my Club meeting - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
Hoodlum's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Ewa Beach
Posts: 760
 
Send a message via MSN to Hoodlum
07 GT500 News from my Club meeting

One of the dealers goes to our club meetings and reported that they have sold the first GT500(first as in prob for that dealer only) for $20k over msrp. Everyone kept asking what MSRP was and he would not say and only that the first one is sold for 20k over MSRP. What do you guys think?

P.S. I really hate to add to the whole who sold the firt GT500 stuff thats been spreading (it annoys me) but when a dealer states that i just really wanna cut throught the BS and get to the facts.

Hoodlum is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006
S197 Member
 
2horseowner's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 867
 
Our club's ex-president moved to Texas. He just sent an e-mail saying he takes delivery of his in June. He said he's paying 5K over MSRP but doesn't know what that is yet. He gave the dealer a $2K deposit. This is one of those unprovable claims.

2horseowner is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
bigplayrayr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Whitestown
Posts: 478
 
I'm sure several have been "sold." Dealers are taking pretty big deposits. A friend of mine inquired to buy one, but was told they are pretty much spoken for. One dealer told him the had already taken 5 deposits of 10k each.

I like to read on another forum how all these gusys have "ordered" one. I'm sure with people's experience with the 05 GT's, that ordering one really doesn't mean squat. I had argued with several that said they had "agreements" with salesmen to order one without any markup. I said no way. Several have recanted.

Ordered 4/26/05. Picked up June 11, 2005. 05 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, 5spd, Performance White, with red accent leather (ICAP), Shaker 500, IUP, active alarm, side airbag, spoiler delete. MODS: Baltimore Street Mods 10' red stripes and red rocker stripe. window tint. K & N aircharger. Pony Package fender emblems. Added 18" Polished Alum. Bullitts Hurst comp shifter
bigplayrayr is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
Eric The MadMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 636
 
Garage
Sorry to say again the GT500 is just a dream for most of us. I've heard from "sources" most (or all) are accounted for already. You most likely will not even see one at your dealership. Your deposits are making money for someone because you will get them back soon.


The first one is already sold for $600K (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/artic...le_00671.shtml)

I apologize for sounding negative, but $100K would be a good deal! Nuff said, promise not to pipe in on any more GT500 threads.

Have a great MUstang Day :thumbsup

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: XXX Yellow GT350, convenience package, black roof
Sold:
2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14” Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4“ Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5“ PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights;
2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
Eric The MadMan is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
FordFreak's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Springfield
Posts: 202
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan
I apologize for sounding negative, but $100K would be a good deal!
Yeah, a good deal for the DEALER! But if money's no object to someone, then I guess they don't consider the value of what they're getting for the money. For $100K they are ALOT of other cars I would buy before the GT500.

- JIM

2006 PREMIUM GT COUPE VISTA BLUE
FordFreak is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006
Apprentice
 
speco2005's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: home
Posts: 154
 
I posted this on a couple of other forums. I dont doubt people THINK they have an order, but if dealers are taking money and telling them that then that dealer is just plain dishonest and a liar.

So in the last 16 months I have purchased 2 Mustang GTs. from a dealer here in Vegas. They were very good sales paid a bit less than sticker for both, we seem to have a glut of GTs here in town. I have called that dealer Friendly Ford, also Team Ford, Ford Country and Gaudin Ford. I just called all of them again today and yesterday once pretending to be a new customer and then the other times giving my real name and talking to sales people that I have in the past. All three of them said the same thing, there is no order plcement for the GT500 yet, they have no pricing and will not even try to force an order through. I informed them of this site and the order guide the response again to a dealer was the same. Thats great it is just that a guide we can not order something from a guide that has no prices to us yet. They did all say they have no idea what the allotment would be or if it would go for over MSRP or for how much.

To add to this some cali dealers
Raceway Ford in Riverside--- no idea either or order taking

Fairview Ford San Bernadino No idea or info or order taking


NOW HERE IS THE KICKER from what many of you say is the largest Ford dealer GALPIN, Debra Marin 818-756-5980, She said they are only taking names and numbers and will contact people when they have more info. They have ZERO price info or allotment, she refused an offer for a deposit to make a better place in line for me.

So who is full of crap?? It seems there are a ton of dishonorable dealers out there, if so many of you have ordered them. Several of the dealers I called said they would not consider taking someones deposit because it is unfair to hold someones money when they have no clue as to what when or how to order something.

Do I want one? heck yes but it seems to me many of you have been fed a line of bull and fell for it.


Even more of an update from Danny Brown at Dale Jarrett Ford in Charlotte 704-261-1069.
They have no idea how many they are getting. They have a list of over 400 people. When they get them they are planning on doind a silent auction for them. He said Ford in the last 2 weeks have changed numbers and may be producing over 10 thousand of the cars and that if the case is such then a silent auctio may not be needed
speco2005 is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006
S197 Member
 
sincitystang's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,235
 
I know the General Manager at Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas, i will ask him and see what he tells me. Its funny you mention that Las Vegas has SOOOOOOOOOOO many stangs on the road that when i travel to CA, i dont see that many. I see alot of Z06 vettes (new ones) and many exotics period. There are so many nice cars around me, that i seem to feel my GT is bland.....
sincitystang is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006
S197 Member
 
Wirelessscottie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 32
 
Interesting thread.

I BOUGHT a 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 today. Ordered all of the options. And yes, it was way over MSRP. Ever since I purchased my 2005 Torch Red GT I had my sights set on the 2007 GT500.

I located a dealer in the midwest who had an allocation for 'one'. I made him an offer acceptable to both of us, (and one I doubted he would turn down), signed the contract and paid the full amount via wire. The order was placed today with Ford.

I'll post the VIN # and weekly build documents as they come through.

In keeping with my 2005 Mustang GT, I ordered the 2007 GT500 in Torch Red too! I did give a passing thought to a convertible rather than a coupe. The dealer said he was told that the convertibles, as happened in 2004, would be delayed in the manufacturing cycle. I didn't feel like waiting for the convertible.

They are available. They will be rationed. But for those who want them and look hard enough, you will find one. Just get ready for sticker stock. As in any business where the demand is high and the supply low, expect to pay a HUGE premium.

When I ordered my 2005 GT in June of 2004, I didn't get it in my hands until Dec 18, 2004. Until I see the build sheets I can not offer a guess how long this new one will take to deliver.

On a different note, the dealer gave me the following information about allocations. He said the usual Blue Oval Dealers will get one. The SVT dealers will get two and the President level dealers will get three.
Wirelessscottie is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006
Apprentice
 
speco2005's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: home
Posts: 154
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirelessscottie
Interesting thread.

I BOUGHT a 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 today. Ordered all of the options. And yes, it was way over MSRP. Ever since I purchased my 2005 Torch Red GT I had my sights set on the 2007 GT500.

I located a dealer in the midwest who had an allocation for 'one'. I made him an offer acceptable to both of us, (and one I doubted he would turn down), signed the contract and paid the full amount via wire. The order was placed today with Ford.

I'll post the VIN # and weekly build documents as they come through.

In keeping with my 2005 Mustang GT, I ordered the 2007 GT500 in Torch Red too! I did give a passing thought to a convertible rather than a coupe. The dealer said he was told that the convertibles, as happened in 2004, would be delayed in the manufacturing cycle. I didn't feel like waiting for the convertible.

They are available. They will be rationed. But for those who want them and look hard enough, you will find one. Just get ready for sticker stock. As in any business where the demand is high and the supply low, expect to pay a HUGE premium.

When I ordered my 2005 GT in June of 2004, I didn't get it in my hands until Dec 18, 2004. Until I see the build sheets I can not offer a guess how long this new one will take to deliver.

On a different note, the dealer gave me the following information about allocations. He said the usual Blue Oval Dealers will get one. The SVT dealers will get two and the President level dealers will get three.
Your post sounds like many others, you say you found a dealer, yet you dont list whom, you paid over MSRP, yet you dont say how much or even what MSRP is. If I was a dealer in the midwest and some chap from Arizona called me and offered money on something I dont have I would be happy to take your money and hold it for you. If we keep playing these games with dishonest dealers they will continue to take advantage of the buyer. I ask you to buck up and list the dealer name and how much you paid.
speco2005 is offline  
Apprentice
 
speco2005's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: home
Posts: 154
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
I know the General Manager at Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas, i will ask him and see what he tells me. Its funny you mention that Las Vegas has SOOOOOOOOOOO many stangs on the road that when i travel to CA, i dont see that many. I see alot of Z06 vettes (new ones) and many exotics period. There are so many nice cars around me, that i seem to feel my GT is bland.....
What I meant by a glut was on Friendlys lot they have always had at least 10 GTs and maybe 3-4 Roush cars. Does not seem like it was ever hard for us to get a GT here.
speco2005 is offline  
 
bicbehr's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 28
 
There are several opportunities to buy 07 GT500's over on ebay. One buy-it-now priced at $17K. One auction ends in an hour.... the bidding is up to $12K. This is amount over MSRP, whatever that is going to be. Some of the auctions appear to be from legit delears. So there are opportunities, if you are willing to pay.
bicbehr is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
 
mrvandermey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,243
 
Garage
Not too long ago there was an auction on ebay from a reputable dealer offering the GT500 for only $5K over MSRP. Although they did not have a MSRP price, the ad stated that whatever MSRP turnout to be, you would get their GT500 for only $5k over that MSRP, but they also required a $20,000 deposit (non-refundable if I recall correctly). Things that make you go hhhmmmm....
mrvandermey is offline  
S197 Member
 
sincitystang's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,235
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by speco2005
What I meant by a glut was on Friendlys lot they have always had at least 10 GTs and maybe 3-4 Roush cars. Does not seem like it was ever hard for us to get a GT here.

Actually it was easy to get a GT in vegas, but it was harder for me because i wanted a 5 spd manual. Plenty of GT autos
sincitystang is offline  
Apprentice
 
speco2005's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: home
Posts: 154
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
Actually it was easy to get a GT in vegas, but it was harder for me because i wanted a 5 spd manual. Plenty of GT autos
thats true found my manny tranny on the back lot at friendly.
speco2005 is offline  
S197 Member
 
Wirelessscottie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 32
 
My GT500 has been born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speco2005
Your post sounds like many others, you say you found a dealer, yet you dont list whom, you paid over MSRP, yet you dont say how much or even what MSRP is. If I was a dealer in the midwest and some chap from Arizona called me and offered money on something I dont have I would be happy to take your money and hold it for you. If we keep playing these games with dishonest dealers they will continue to take advantage of the buyer. I ask you to buck up and list the dealer name and how much you paid.
I waited to reply to the above for obvious reasons. I wanted the VIN. Well, today the VIN arrived via email. My 2007 FORD Mustang Shelby GT500 (no, they are NOT called a Cobra), Torch Red with all available options has been born. VIN: 1ZVHT88S175248640. Dealer says to plan on its arrival second week of October. I ordered the GT500 with the stripe delete. Local custom paint shop is eagerly waiting to paint ghost flames on the car. We spent about 6 weeks off and on designing the paint scheme.

I bought the GT500 from Kankakee Ford in Knox IN for $ 10 over list and glad to do it. I tried to buy one from Earnhardt Ford in Tempe, where I have been buying my fleet trucks for years (no more). They wouldn't even return my calls. List is about $42 and some change so I'll pay somewhere north of $52 plus the Chandler sales tax the dealer has to collect and remit to AZ (You can't beat sales taxes anymore buying NEW from out of state). Paying cash so there are no finance fees and no trade in - I really like my Nitrous fed Saleen Supercharged '05 GT and plan to keep it. A couple of photos of the SC below along with one of my SIX Scotties. My son in law and I are going to bring it back from Indiana in an enclosed car hauler.

I am GLAD to pay this price. I am GLAD to give it to a dealer in a small midwest town. Flame all you want about car dealers, at the end of the day it is a capitalist society we live in. Market forces control pricing. Ford hit the sweet spot with the GT500. Maybe it's not the fastest car available, nor the sportiest, but, it will have huge market appeal 10 years from now. My 3 year old grandson will eventually own this car.

There 'ya go. I'll post pics when I have the car at home in Arizona. If you are in Arizona after October 15th, send me a PM and I'll take you for a drive! Bring a helmet ;-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0018.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	19288   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0017.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	19289   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0024.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	19290   Click image for larger version

Name:	goodfaceshotofbrindy100801.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	19293  
Wirelessscottie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tri-State Mustang Club meeting tonight I8URVTEC Mid Atlantic 1 05-06-2006 07:07 PM
Ohio-area Cobra club? fordgrl99 SVT Cobra Talk 1 04-01-2006 10:14 AM
2006 LMMC-CT Club News snkypete New England 0 12-27-2005 11:14 AM
Anyone interested in meeting up with our club at a track for a test and tune session oldman 4.6L Talk 0 04-03-2003 12:03 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1