I Got A Problem Here - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

I Got A Problem Here

Well First Of Let Me Introduce Myself. My Name Is Leo And I Am The Proud Owner Of A Blk 06 Gt With Every Option. So Far The Only Mods Are Window Tint And A Flowmaster Axle Back. So Anyways Here's My Problem I A Carport Instead Of A Garage So Every Time I Wax My Car This Stupid Bird Comes And Starts Fighting Himself On My Car. He Pecks At My Hood And Scratches The Wax Coat With His Claws. Any Suggestions On How Deal With This?

MODS: C&L Racer CAI,SCT Xcal II W/BamaChips Tune, Steeda UDP's, CMCV Deletes, Ultra Lite Springs, Pypes O/R H-Pipe, FRRP Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Shaftmaster 3.5" D/S, Rotorpros X Drilled/Slotted Rotors, BMR LCA's & Relo Brackets, Steeda Adj. Panhard & Panhard support, GMS Swaybar Delete & A-Arm Brace, Prothane Motor Mounts, 255/45/18 BF Goodrich KDW NT's, CDC Shaker Hood, Ducktail Spoiler, Classic Chin Spoiler, 1/4 Louvers and Lot's more Appearance Mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Welcome, for your problem, shoot the bird because obviously it is a Chevy lover, or get a car cover.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006
S197 Member

Do you have a cat?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006
S197 Member

The local landscaper uses garbage bags on a stick. Wind blows the open bag around and the birds stay away. He started doing that after an endangerd species nested in his giant mountain of stock piled mulch and he couldn't move it all summer long.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Thanks

Wow That Was Quick. Does Any One Know If A 04 Car Cover Will Fit An 06?

MODS: C&L Racer CAI,SCT Xcal II W/BamaChips Tune, Steeda UDP's, CMCV Deletes, Ultra Lite Springs, Pypes O/R H-Pipe, FRRP Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Shaftmaster 3.5" D/S, Rotorpros X Drilled/Slotted Rotors, BMR LCA's & Relo Brackets, Steeda Adj. Panhard & Panhard support, GMS Swaybar Delete & A-Arm Brace, Prothane Motor Mounts, 255/45/18 BF Goodrich KDW NT's, CDC Shaker Hood, Ducktail Spoiler, Classic Chin Spoiler, 1/4 Louvers and Lot's more Appearance Mods.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
Welcome, for your problem, shoot the bird because obviously it is a Chevy lover, or get a car cover.
Hahaha...that is funny!!!!!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006
PONY Member

Places like Walmart sell plastic owls with bobbing heads to shoo away the birds. I have one for my garden,sister has one where she stores her boat and walmart here uses one to keep grackles out of the chip stand at their pumps.( I don't buy fuel there, an employee told me this when I was buying my owl) Good luck!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006
S197 Member

I goota say this is a classic. Go with pcfrisch advice and get a good car cover. Buy one specifically for the car model otherwise you'll get rub marks on the mirrors and bumpers instead of bird pecks.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to AFStang
Those cheap, plastic/rubber snakes that kids play with also work well... keeps geese off our dock at our cabin...

*2005 Mustang GT- Torch Red, IUP, Shaker 500, MyColor, JLT II CAI w/Brenspeed Tune, SLP L/M's, BBK T/B, Steeda UDPs, Shaker hood, B2 hood/pins,18x9.5 GT500 replicas, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush 1/4 window louvers, 8" antenna, honeycomb blackout, MWA mirror covers, Sequential TL's, black LED projector H/L's, H/L splitters, Ducktail, Hurst equipped....

*1969 Camaro SS with 454

2000 Camaro Z-28, heavily modified
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I'll bet the bird is a Cardinal. Right? Stupidest birds I know. We had one that kept attacking his reflection in our bathroom window. Normally, this wouldn't bother me, but this bird did it every day at 5:30 AM. He came back the second year with a family. Just like humans, stupidity breeds.:kooky:

I have a 4-ply car cover from www.carcoverworld.com . I got the Evolution II cover and am very pleased with it. I keep my car in the garage all the time, but with kids the extra insurance is comforting.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Marcus GT Send a message via MSN to Marcus GT
We had a cardinal "visit" our bathroom window and peck at it a few years ago. I cut the tops and bottoms out of some cans and hot glued some fishing line to them and hot glued the line to the bricks of the house. He left in very short order. :thumbsup

2005 Mustang GT, Black w/ Dark Charcoal interior
IUP, Active-Anti Theft Alarm
Bright Aluminum Wheels w/Locks
Perma Plate, Window Tinting 35/20/5
Molded Splash Guards, Sequential Tail Lights
SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Front License Plate Delete
DFM
GT Member
S197 Member

The owl trick works every time:thumbsup

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
S197 Member

poison or shoot the bird... save a mustang, kill a bird.
GT Member
S197 Member

granted, i live in the country, so i would fix the problem with one round of 12ga 2 3/4inch number 7 birdshot, but for you city dwellers, i got a solution that works.....dont laugh.... i swear on my GT this works...

1. go to walmart in the toys section. you know those little plastic/rubber snakes that you can buy for $1.00 or so that look semi-real? get 3 or 4 of them.

2. place them in various places in the rafters of your carport with thier heads facing down so the bird will see them.

3. since snakes are a birds natural predator... the bird will NOT hang out underneath your carport. it will find sanction somewhere else. birds are prey animals, they wont take the time to find out if the snakes are real, they will scram.

4. if it does keep coming back, reposition the snakes in a different location. if the bird frequents one area, put a snake right in that spot.

5. you could try laying one on your car if all else fails. but i know plenty of people who have ridded themselves of birds in this way.

6. if the bird is stubborn or just plain stupid, check your citys ordinance on discharging firearms

hope this solves your problem.

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
GT Member
S197 Member

Pellet gun or a blow dart:thumbsup

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page