My Baby is 1yr Old - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools

April 4th was my one year, 10,400 miles on her.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

First of all, I find it interesting that so many of us have had our cars for 1 year right around the sametime.

Second, I find it more interesting that we all remember the exact date. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm terrible when it comes to friends and family b-days and anniversaries.

S197 Member

1 yr. old April 7th. 10,300 miles. Just celebrated by gettin a JLT II cai/ SCT Xcal II w Evo tune. Feels like a new car!!

S197 Member

Damn, I think I have the most miles on mine.

1 year old as of April 5th. 18,500 miles on her.

It's my only car, so it gets driven everyday.
GT Member
S197 Member

That's putting the spurs to her:thumbsup

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"

I am really surprised at those who have own their cars for a whole year and still have less than 4K miles. Mine is a little over 2 months old and i already have 2100 miles on it. Driven as a commute car mainly; i manage to put 40-50 miles per day on weekdays. Not get to drive it much on weekends
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME-jazz
I am really surprised at those who have own their cars for a whole year and still have less than 4K miles. Mine is a little over 2 months old and i already have 2100 miles on it. Driven as a commute car mainly; i manage to put 40-50 miles per day on weekdays. Not get to drive it much on weekends
Having five (5) cars helps not having to drive it everyday and put a lot of unnecessary miles on her.
PONY Member
S197 Member

My F-150 is coming up on 10 months old and it only has 574 miles on it. If you think I baby my truck, just think how bad it'll be with my 'Stang!

I intend to keep both vehicles as my "babies" for the rest of my life, and will probably alternate between driving one and storing the other every 3-6 months. I suspect I will only put about 500 - 1000 miles on each vehicle every year, so one day (hopefully MANY years from now) my newborn son will inherit two pristine, low mileage, old Fords that will have been kept in exceptional condition over the years.

In fact, I've already thought about how if my son doesn't turn out to be a "car guy" I may even leave them to some other person I know who will care for and appreciate them for what they are, rather than just selling them at an auction and pi$$ing the money away on a vacation or something like that....
S197 Member

Mine is 1 year and 2 months old. i have about 8500 miles on it. It's my every day driver. I will probably be driving my 2003 Monte Carlo more often becuase of the nice weather though (It has a sunroof).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page