Another Shaker 500 Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Another Shaker 500 Question

I've noticed that when playing a CD where one song blends into the next - whether it be a store bought CD or a burned one - the player pauses between the tracks instead of going right into the next song.

Am I the only one this happens to, or is this a flaw of the system?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006
S197 Member

Yeah this happens to me too! It's frustrating!!!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Yea this has been addressed in a couple of other threads, it is a problem on all the shaker systems, I have a couple of CD's that do the same thing. No fix as far as I have seen yet.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Same here. I love it how a cd system cannot incorporate this feature into its design in our day and age. One of the biggest flaws on my car.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006
S197 Member

shaker pause

Yeah, it bites !!!

First time I played Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon. There is not supposed to be a pause inbetween Brain Damage & Eclipse (tracks 8 & 9). But there is !!! No CD player that I've ever used, even the first ones back in the mid 80's ever did this.

Just goes to show you that twenty years later they can create a flaw in the software.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEH362
Yeah, it bites !!!

First time I played Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon. There is not supposed to be a pause inbetween Brain Damage & Eclipse (tracks 8 & 9). But there is !!! No CD player that I've ever used, even the first ones back in the mid 80's ever did this.

Just goes to show you that twenty years later they can create a flaw in the software.
Funny, that's the exact friggin cd I played and noticed the pause. I work with service advisors in a Toyota dealership and he told me it was probably the cd I was using. I was like, "NO!!!!!!!!!!! IT ISN'T!!!!" But seriously, it's pretty gay.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006
S197 Member

i'm just amazed, like someone stated about even the players back in the 80's, that you can still run into flaws when it comes to certain things in technology, when we have already mastered something about it for years now. Whats up with that.... It's like you mean to tell me they couldn't make that thing flow through like it should? BULLCRAP!!! it's some idiot who cares to piss us off as consumers...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Tell me about it. I mostly listen to prog metal, and those guys LOVE going from one song right into the next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page