64W's are on! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

64W's are on!

I had my stock 17" machined aluminum wheels swapped out for 2006 64W 18" bullitts. They look great, but I noticed immediately that the ride quality was sacrificed. I also used the BF Goodrich tire that comes stock with the 64W, which seems to have a meaty enough sidewall to overcome the rough ride, but, once again, it is very noticeable. Has anyone else who has switched to larger wheels on their 2005 noticed a rougher ride?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

With the 18" option ordered from the factory comes some tweaking to the suspension, I believe the spring and shock rates are a little different, I have the 18" wheels and have no problem with the ride.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I didnt notice any sacrafice, mine came with the 18"s but switched out to the 17"s for winter.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006
S197 Member

64w is Packaged from the factory with suspension changes. I found that out when there were commodity holds affecting their release..... learned as well from talking with the K man at Blue Oval.

That said, your ride will not be the same as a factory ordered 64w packaged GT.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I guess I do remember something being posted a while back about some tweaking to the suspension of the '06 models to compensate for the larger wheel. I am certanly not complaining about the ride; my Mustang is a fair weather cruiser, that's all. I had heared the same thing about material holds for the 64W on cars that were ordered. My dealer punched up the part number on his computer and said that the wheels were on back order (this was on a Friday). He called me that Monday and said that the wheels were in. It turns out that the warehouse that supplies my dealer had 400+ come in to stock. Certainly raises the question of how Ford or their supplier allocates a scarce resource like the 64W; I wonder what good they do sitting in a parts warehouse when they could be going to the production line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page