Which tuner is preferred? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
What is the difference between the SCT XCal and the SCT XCal II? I guess it really does not matter...I just purchased the SCT XCal II, a 62mm billet throttle body and a throttle body spacer. If I read all the litature correctlly, and assuming all litature is accurate to begin with, I am looking to add approximately 25 more HP on top of the 20+ HP I already added. Which means for about $1200 (the price of my K&N CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, SCT XCal II, billet throttle body and throttle body spacer), I may have added a total of 45+/- HP to my stock 300 HP. Now I guess I jest need to get my headers and change my gears in the rearend (and sooner or later look into that supercharger).
X-cal 2 has a digital display vs the xcal which is just a series of flashing lights. Plus the xcal won't clear codes or perform datalogging.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I guess I won't have to shime in with my SCT is superior to Diablo... I'd like to add that of the professional tuners Ken Bjones is one of the best and most known tuners out there... www.modulardepot.com

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
After reading the posts on this thread and several others, I chose to go with the SCT XCal II from Brenspeed.com. The overwhelming majority favored the SCT XCal II over all others. Thanks you all for opinions, advice, comments and so forth. I lok forward to my new SCT XCal II tuner, due in later this week. I like to hear that the SCT XCal II has a digital readout as opposed to the XCAl's blinking lights. I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, so simple is always better in my mind.

Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
After reading the posts on this thread and several others, I chose to go with the SCT XCal II from Brenspeed.com. The overwhelming majority favored the SCT XCal II over all others. Thanks you all for opinions, advice, comments and so forth. I lok forward to my new SCT XCal II tuner, due in later this week. I like to hear that the SCT XCal II has a digital readout as opposed to the XCAl's blinking lights. I am not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, so simple is always better in my mind.
I purchased my C&L and X-cal2 from Brent White too. Fast delivery and the tunes were great. You won't be sorry.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Rookie

I went with XCal2 and tunes from Fred @ Evo too. Very satisfied with the performance and service. :thumbsup

I can't really comment on the difference in gas milage though. I had a set of 4.30's installed before I made it through my first tank of gas on the new tune

06 Mustang GT Premium, IUP, Tungsten Grey, Dark Charcoal Leather, 5 Speed Manual

Mods: DD Black Bullitts (18x9, 18x10), BFG KDW2s (255/45, 285/40), JLTII CAI, SCT Xcal2 w/93 Octane Tune from Fred @ Evolution Performance, FRPP 4.30's, Eibach Pro-Kit, Tokico D-Specs, Steeda Adj. PH, Steeda HD PH Brace, Steeda G-TRAC Brace, BMR Strut Tower Brace
Apprentice
S197 Member

Brenspeed update

I ordered my intake and tune from Brenspeed. Everything went fine. Based on other posts and questions i sent this email to them. Here is the copy and paste:

Yes all our tunes always took care of that issue as I am sure you noticed. You did hear correct I am always creating with new tunes staying on the cutting edge of development. I spend thousands of dollars trying to develop new programs sometimes they work out and sometimes it is just money spent to find out something does not work. They are not an update, they are entire new programs built from scratch. I also have some other new stuff being tested on many cars right now that is not ready for release yet.

Brent White
http://www.brenspeed.com
Visit Brenspeed.com For Fast Free Shipping & CUSTOM TUNING!
Visit our Brenspeed.com showroom and dyno facility in Indiana for all your mustang needs.
Stocking warehouse for Pypes, C&L, BBK, Spec, Steeda, SCT, Motive Gear, SLP, Mac, Flaming River, and more!

Please include all e-mail history and transaction numbers in replies. This will speed up our response time.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:33 AM
To: [email protected]
<font face="Tahoma"><font size="2"><...</font></font>
Su
bject: Tune update

I bought my C&L and tune back in late December. Has there been any version updates to the tunes since then? On the board someone mentioned you have a "throttle response tune" but i thought the tunes already took care of that issue?

Thank you!

Will Carson

>>I replied and asked if they were going to post any dyno sheets for their tunes. I havnt heard back yet.

05 GT Premium, Blood Red Metallic, Shaker 500, IUP, My Color.....
70 GTO Conv. Red, Black interior, 400, Auto, Air, PS, PB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page