Modular Depot - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Modular Depot

I ordered late on Sunday April 2, 2006. I should have suspected trouble when the phones weren't answered, and my emails weren't responded to. I presumed that all would be fine after all the glowing things posted on this forum about Modular Depot. Nothing could be further from the facts. I ordered the TI intake and SCT 2 tuner combo, sunday night, safe in the knowledge it would arrive by friday for a weekend install, that would have been April 8th and 9th. Not that weekend or the next and now not the 3rd weekend. THE only person I have gotten to help me was John DeMolet. He saw my post and responded. Modular Depot hasn't responed to email or phone calls. Sorry about venting, but I feel everyone should know what to expect. I feel like I've been kicked to the curb.

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006

welp....I guess we know where NOT to shop!! Thanks for the info....

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonSORTX
welp....I guess we know where NOT to shop!! Thanks for the info....
I have read about MD here before and have bad vibes about the place, I do not remember anything good about their service . That John guy rings a bell as the only person associated with this company to give a darn. Keep posting about your lack of interest in purchasing from this company and hopefuly they will turn service around.... Solidarity baby!!

What da????? (just fell of my soapbox!)

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I would think these guys know if youre a member of a board, that you'd go back and tell everyone not to shop there.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
I would think these guys know if youre a member of a board, that you'd go back and tell everyone not to shop there.
Yes, I would too. I mentioned kjincinci on my intial order.

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Update... My SCT 2 has arrived... it apperas that I left off a crucial computer code when I placed my order on April 2, but no one at MD contacted me to get that code... John DeMolet got the code and relayed it to MD...however the relayed the wrong tracking # to me(causing most of the frustration), to there credit they did use the UPS next day air saver. Very happy that it is here now... However the communication could have been a whole lot better... I will update again when mods are in place...:walksmile

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006
S197 Member

Sounds like you might owe MD an apology.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Hi Guys!

I'm glad you finallt got it, you'll love it!

As most of you know I'm friends with them at MD and live very close... They are four working there, and I know not getting rich of it, hence can't hire one more... Anywho, one, Danielle, communicates all day long! She's the one taking all the orders, process them and make sure it happends. Say you order the Ti combo, she'll put your card through (first things first, lol) and then let John know to send out the CAI (if that's the way they do it) then she brings a brand new tuner with a note (stick/auto, other mods, octanes, etc.) to Ken who 'builds' the tune(s), load them into the tuner and then hand it back to D who ship it. If Ken for some reason can't do the tune, something missing etc. it often takes a while for all the communications to take place as he too is very busy with tunes, wrenching, and communications, literally 100's conntact him in a day!! It's a small place and yes, sometime communications fail... and if you call or e-mail on how much power a combo etc will make they won't get back with you, there is NO way, not even with a full time HP guesser they joke over there... on the other hand Brandon (the other owner with Ken) is planning on a 1-900-IGUESSHP... Brandon is BTW mostly working with the more technical stuff, allot with the race-cars and Matt is the technician... = mech.

Not deffending them just wanting you to know it's a small place trying to keep up and in special situations like above there might be a delay... There is a reason they're so busy and so well know in the mod motor world!

PS. I removed fiasco from the title as we now know it was not so... ;o)

Regards,

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageV8
Sounds like you might owe MD an apology.
Too late already did e-mail them...:thumbsup

So I flash the puter and the sound is loud and excellent.....but the harmonics are brain rattling...I mean the two hour test drive caused physical pain. My ears are still ringing. Anyone else have this problem with an off road xpipe??

Also in my defense, the order form says "computer code or" not "computer code and" year make mods etc. I (novice) thought I would get contacted(email or phone) if there was additional info needed. Anyway no harm no foul. My best guess based on the arrival of the TI intake and the follow up by John DeMolet, it would have taken about 8 to 10 business days to recieve my order, if my puter code would have been included in the orginal order. Not bad at all if you consider the custom tune.

Performance wise it is just as you have read on this site. Fan Freakin Tastic.:green The butt dyno says plus 50hp. Probably not peak plus 50hp, but considering the reduction in torque management by the ford tune, I would bet there are some gains in this range. Quicker throttle response, 1st, 2nd, and 3 gear scratch.....instant on power.....everyone needs this mod.:thumbsup

Thanks for the title edit KJ.....also for reccomending Modular Depot!

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Are you saying the intake is too loud? Or did you get the Kooks too?

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

I already had an off-road xpipe from UPR. It is alumized steel. I think it is the culprit, either quality of constrution or materials. I dont know which.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Yea, because the intake sounds good! Real nice!

I hope you get it worked out! Do you have stock muffs?

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
S197 Member

They were busy trying to get the O2 sensors out of my old x-pipe. Sorry!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Yea, that sux K! I looked at them, crazy in there... what did they do? Nascar torque them at 500?

Hopefully the new ones will be here soon and you'll be on the way!

My engine came in so our cars will be there together next week! Hopefully not too long for you! ;o)

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Registered

KJ,
what are your plans with existing motor?
We met at Tri State this past Saturday. Lined up behind you in my 06.

Back on Topic:
On the subject of MD, I have been completely happy with all they have done for me (CAI/Tune). And they do always seem to be hopping. A busy place.

279.25 RWHP/300.8 RWTQ
100 SHOT 375 RWHP/525 RWTQ
12.156/113.5 1/4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page