Want to swap deck lids? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Arrow Want to swap deck lids?

I have a 06 Black GT with the spoiler. I prefer the clean lines of no spoiler. Is there anyone on this board in the Dallas, TX area that has a 05/06 Black that wants a free spoiler? All we need to do is swap decks and locks.

Let me know if you're interested.

-danny

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006

I have the same situation cept its a silver trunk, anyone interested?

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I am right there with you. I have a black vert with spoiler, and I want a duck tail, so I would have preferred a deck lid without the spoiler. Just in case, I am in the Bay Area, CA, any one with a black vert wanting a free spoiler (in exchange for a deck lid without a spoiler)?

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

I'll take a black spoiler... except... I want it to replace my existing yellow one. If anyone wants to sell just their black spoiler... I'd buy.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Fryguy_pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
I am right there with you. I have a black vert with spoiler, and I want a duck tail, so I would have preferred a deck lid without the spoiler. Just in case, I am in the Bay Area, CA, any one with a black vert wanting a free spoiler (in exchange for a deck lid without a spoiler)?
Just wanted to let you know that it looks like the Shelby GT 500 ducktail spoiler will FIT the factory spoiler mounting holes. I am waiting for them to be released for sale (June 06).

This info comes from TMS's resident Mustang Expert.

- Fryguy

- 05 Satin Silver GT, Lt Graphite, 5 Speed, Shaker 500, Sequntial Taillights, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Shorty Antenna, Satin Mustang Sill Plates, Midwest Plenum Cover, UPR Billet Pedal Covers, IUP Steering Wheel, IUP Gauge Cluster w/MyColor, Signal Tints, FRPP Exhaust, JLT CAI Kit, SCT 2 Tuner . Trunk Lid Mat w/Edgelight fiber, MRT Side Louvers - (The following to be installed) Steeda Dead Pedal, Baltimore Street Mods Racing Stripes, Redline Goods Leather Kit
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy_pa
Just wanted to let you know that it looks like the Shelby GT 500 ducktail spoiler will FIT the factory spoiler mounting holes. I am waiting for them to be released for sale (June 06).

This info comes from TMS's resident Mustang Expert.
I did notice that on ebay there is Shelby look-alike spoiler that specifically states that it uses the factory holes. Thank you for pointing that out, because the GT500 duck tail is one of the other details about the Shelby I really like.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Re: Want to swap deck lids?

Once I hear more I will be sure to share it on the forum.

- Fryguy

- 05 Satin Silver GT, Lt Graphite, 5 Speed, Shaker 500, Sequntial Taillights, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, Shorty Antenna, Satin Mustang Sill Plates, Midwest Plenum Cover, UPR Billet Pedal Covers, IUP Steering Wheel, IUP Gauge Cluster w/MyColor, Signal Tints, FRPP Exhaust, JLT CAI Kit, SCT 2 Tuner . Trunk Lid Mat w/Edgelight fiber, MRT Side Louvers - (The following to be installed) Steeda Dead Pedal, Baltimore Street Mods Racing Stripes, Redline Goods Leather Kit
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage

I just ordered a Shelby look-alike spoiler and it does indeed use the factory holes. The spoiler I got is a tad bit bigger than the Shelby, but otherwise just like it. Check out the thread "Clones! Opinions" where I give the website for the spoiler.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I dont think your going to find someone willing to do this. Most people who dont have a spoiler wanted it that way.
I really like the clean smooth look, and now debating on not even putting a ducktail which is why I ordered spoiler delete.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage

Here is the link to the Shelby spoiler available now.

http://www.legendmustangs.com/
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F

I amin same boat... willing to Trade Yellow Deck Lid for Yellow.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
PONY Member
S197 Member

Here is a pic of the doc for the Spoilers...

- Fryguy

Last edited by stlwagon; 08-18-2008 at 01:41 AM.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Here is the link to the Shelby spoiler available now.

http://www.legendmustangs.com/
When you receive the spoiler and get it installed, post some pics. This one looks close to the Ford Shelby one from that angles.

Also, how did you go about ording it as there is no purchase link on their web site.

Thanks,

- Fryguy

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy_pa
When you receive the spoiler and get it installed, post some pics. This one looks close to the Ford Shelby one from that angles.

Also, how did you go about ording it as there is no purchase link on their web site.

Thanks,

I got lucky and discovered it on ebay. The seller from ebay had two auctions for this spoiler. I bought one and posted the other. Check the "Clones!!! Opinions wanted" thread. Also, although there is no order form on the website posted, they do have a phone number to call, and I presume to order one. Yes, this does look alot like a Shelby duck tail (hence why I bought it), but I think (based on pics alone) that this one may be slightly longer than the Shelby one (I could be wrong).
S197 Member

i seen the guy that makes those legend kits at fun ford weekend.the ducktail looks nice.i would reccomend it to anyone.thats the one ill be buying.he makes a nice chin spoiler to.
you can buy them at gefracing.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page